Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #496
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

For the first time EVER, I was just sent a PIN code and I can't even use it. Anyone else get one lately?

It's Remy offering me free quick service dining for travel from Feb 28th to July 3rd when I purchase a 4night/5day package.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #497
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Oh man, Remy! Haha. The bearer of semi-bad news.. but hey, a PIN! And maybe if you don't use this one, they'll send you another one!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #498
DisneymoonJess07
I <3 Disney - can I go back now??

Hi there - just catching up on some trip report - hoping to get mine reopened so I can continue it!

But yes - in the last few months I have gotten THREE pin codes. Can't use any of them. Especially since DH just got into graduate school. And he says he's not ready to go back! Oh well!

PTR: MAY we go to Disney? Yes we MAY! May 2014
Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Our Pre-Trip Report - 2nd Anniversary Disneymoon Sept. 2009
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #499
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I don't think we've ever gotten a pin but then again it would probably go to waste anyway since we're DVC members! I don't think DVC gives out pin codes.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-25-2010, 09:04 PM   #500
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

A Pin!! Here's hoping you get one that you can actually use for your Christmas trip!!

The last couple years we haven't gotten any either. But, this year we've gotten 2!! (room only discounts but I'll take them!!) Wish I had gotten your pin code though.....5 day package w/ free quick service....ahh...it's exactly what we wanted!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #501
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Oh man, Remy! Haha. The bearer of semi-bad news.. but hey, a PIN! And maybe if you don't use this one, they'll send you another one!
I was soooo excited to get one, even though its not for the dates we wanted. I'm hoping this was the first of many! Oh, and I'm really hoping I get an upgrade offer like you did too... that was sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneymoonJess07 View Post
Hi there - just catching up on some trip report - hoping to get mine reopened so I can continue it!
Helllooooo! Welcome back

Quote:
But yes - in the last few months I have gotten THREE pin codes. Can't use any of them. Especially since DH just got into graduate school. And he says he's not ready to go back! Oh well!
Three! What were they for? Busy time eh? It's too bad you can't use them but it sounds like they'd really like to lure you back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I don't think we've ever gotten a pin but then again it would probably go to waste anyway since we're DVC members! I don't think DVC gives out pin codes.
I think it had something to do with a quote I called in for a few months ago when Alex's friend was going to come with us. She misheard my last name so she was getting all my information over again to put into their system. The PIN came thru with the misspelled last name. Hey, it still worked!

George told me he ran into some DVC members on our second Blizzard Beach day and they got to chatting. (Too bad they didn't talk him into joining! ) They told him they hadn't used their DVC points for their trip this time because the free dining was just too cheap to pass up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
A Pin!! Here's hoping you get one that you can actually use for your Christmas trip!!

The last couple years we haven't gotten any either. But, this year we've gotten 2!! (room only discounts but I'll take them!!) Wish I had gotten your pin code though.....5 day package w/ free quick service....ahh...it's exactly what we wanted!!!
I was thinking of that when I got it, "Gee, Angie could use this!"

I'm a little bummed today because last night I started playing around with quotes using the PIN code, pricing it around my birthday in June. Man it's a great offer. I upgraded the quotes to the regular dining plan and it was barely any difference.

Then I got sucked into saying to myself, "Hey, I wonder how much more it would be if I did a DELUXE RESORT?" I mean, when am I ever going to go deluxe?! So I went over the list of resorts and immediately chose Animal Kingdom Lodge. Ariana's Lion King obsession?

A standard room at AKL, upgraded free quick service to regular dining in June is half the cost of our Christmas trip to POR. It's killing me not using the PIN.

What do you guys think about the free dining PIN going out covering February to July? Do you think that's a sign the deals will be good for 2010? Maybe the free dining will get extended into Nov/Dec like last year?

Last edited by Mickey_Mom; 02-26-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #502
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've never received a darn pin from Disney! I guess they know that I'm coming back whether I get one or not. Too bad you can't use it though.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #503
DisneymoonJess07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Helllooooo! Welcome back

Thank you!!

Quote:
Three! What were they for? Busy time eh? It's too bad you can't use them but it sounds like they'd really like to lure you back.
They were all room discounts - I think all three were 30% rooms, just different dates. It's such a stupid busy time - we're moving in July! But still - I wannt go to Disney!! I would love to be lured - maybe next summer? Definitely not another 10 years though!!

Quote:
I'm a little bummed today because last night I started playing around with quotes using the PIN code, pricing it around my birthday in June. Man it's a great offer. I upgraded the quotes to the regular dining plan and it was barely any difference.

Then I got sucked into saying to myself, "Hey, I wonder how much more it would be if I did a DELUXE RESORT?" I mean, when am I ever going to go deluxe?! So I went over the list of resorts and immediately chose Animal Kingdom Lodge. Ariana's Lion King obsession?

A standard room at AKL, upgraded free quick service to regular dining in June is half the cost of our Christmas trip to POR. It's killing me not using the PIN.

What do you guys think about the free dining PIN going out covering February to July? Do you think that's a sign the deals will be good for 2010? Maybe the free dining will get extended into Nov/Dec like last year?
I'm sorry about the great deals! I did that too, and it was incredibly depressing. I tried yesterday also for dates that might work in the future - those were depressing the other way, in that they were really expensive! Even staying at a value was just about as much as our honeymoon, and I would need something less than that to convince hubby. Oh well - will just have to keep an eye out.

And yes, I think they're going to keep doing the discounts. I don't think they'll have anything new, but I think the economy is not enough better yet for them to do less than they did last year. We'll see!!

Our Trip Report: "Say Hi to Mickey for me!" - A Disneymoon Two Years in the Making *unfinished*
Booed by n2wdisneyw!
1991 - offsite , 1994 - offsite , 1996 - offsite , 1999 - ASSp , 2009 - POR! w/free dining! 2014 - ?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #504
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I just found your thread and spent the last hour or so going through it (stuck home b/c it's snowing) and LOVE it! I love the pictures of Blizzard Beach and typhoon Lagoon. I have been debating on getting the waterparks and more or just a one day ticket and you have pushed me into keeping both in our plans. We are staying in POR in May for our 5 year old daughter first trip and can't wait.
Your kids seem like such great kids. I love how close your older son is with the little one. My daughter is 5 already and will probably 9 or 10 by the time we have another. I hope our kids have a relationship like that. You must be so proud of all your kids.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #505
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I've never received a darn pin from Disney! I guess they know that I'm coming back whether I get one or not. Too bad you can't use it though.
Well I'm going to buy myself a Lotto Max ticket today. It's up to $50 million and then there are nine $1M prizes as well. If I win anything, I'm going in June and December!

Quote:
They were all room discounts - I think all three were 30% rooms, just different dates. It's such a stupid busy time - we're moving in July! But still - I wannt go to Disney!! I would love to be lured - maybe next summer? Definitely not another 10 years though!!
Moving and graduate school, yeah that'll keep you busy. Maybe you can sell him on this summer... after the move? Especially if you get another kick butt PIN code.... it would be so relaxing to get away for a little while.

Quote:
I'm sorry about the great deals! I did that too, and it was incredibly depressing. I tried yesterday also for dates that might work in the future - those were depressing the other way, in that they were really expensive! Even staying at a value was just about as much as our honeymoon, and I would need something less than that to convince hubby. Oh well - will just have to keep an eye out.

And yes, I think they're going to keep doing the discounts. I don't think they'll have anything new, but I think the economy is not enough better yet for them to do less than they did last year. We'll see!!
I'm pretty optimistic too the deals will keep going. I really hope so. I'd never thought a deluxe resort would even be a consideration for us.... it would be fantastic if we could do AKL in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I just found your thread and spent the last hour or so going through it (stuck home b/c it's snowing) and LOVE it! I love the pictures of Blizzard Beach and typhoon Lagoon. I have been debating on getting the waterparks and more or just a one day ticket and you have pushed me into keeping both in our plans. We are staying in POR in May for our 5 year old daughter first trip and can't wait.
Hello and to my TR! POR in May for your daughter's first trip? Oh wow, that is exciting! Share your details!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Your kids seem like such great kids. I love how close your older son is with the little one. My daughter is 5 already and will probably 9 or 10 by the time we have another. I hope our kids have a relationship like that. You must be so proud of all your kids.
Thank you, they are great kids and I'm very proud of them for similar and different reasons.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #506
DisneymoonJess07

Quote:
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]
Moving and graduate school, yeah that'll keep you busy. Maybe you can sell him on this summer... after the move? Especially if you get another kick butt PIN code.... it would be so relaxing to get away for a little while.
I wish! We're moving mid-July and he starts school mid-August! Oh well. Soon enough, though! I will wear him down

Quote:
I'm pretty optimistic too the deals will keep going. I really hope so. I'd never thought a deluxe resort would even be a consideration for us.... it would be fantastic if we could do AKL in December.
We considered AKL for our Honeymoon, but decided on POR instead - and it was great. I know AKL is gorgeous though and I hope it works out for you guys!

Booed by n2wdisneyw!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:44 PM   #507
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was thinking of that when I got it, "Gee, Angie could use this!"

Ahh...it must be sooo frustrating to finally get a pincode and not be able to use it!! Especially, when you are pricing it...at AKL and it's less expensive than your Christmas trip. On the other hand...you just have to keep reminding yourself that going at Christmas is what you've always wanted to do. Still...it must be hard seeing such a difference in price!!

We've already gotten 2 pin codes this year... so you never know,there may be another one in your future too!! I think with all the room discounts, free gift cards and free dining already out there for this year there is a very good chance that free dining may be extended like last year!!! Don't give up!! I'm sure something will turn up for you!!!

Old 03-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #508
pinkivy
SkeeeWeee!

Fantastic trip report! I loved all of the pictures and detail! I felt like I was right there (ahhh wishful thinking)
Old 03-01-2010, 06:36 PM   #510
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Ahh...it must be sooo frustrating to finally get a pincode and not be able to use it!! Especially, when you are pricing it...at AKL and it's less expensive than your Christmas trip. On the other hand...you just have to keep reminding yourself that going at Christmas is what you've always wanted to do. Still...it must be hard seeing such a difference in price!!

We've already gotten 2 pin codes this year... so you never know,there may be another one in your future too!! I think with all the room discounts, free gift cards and free dining already out there for this year there is a very good chance that free dining may be extended like last year!!! Don't give up!! I'm sure something will turn up for you!!!
George and I had a very long conversation last night going over all our options between the July and Christmas trips. (We even went thru all of the DVC stuff I recently ordered. ) And though it pains me to give up the deluxe option, we're sticking with the Christmas trip and hoping to get lucky with a good promotion or PIN code. Plus, the Christmas trip is twice as long. We prefer the longer stays over the snazzier accomodations.

Thanks Angie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkivy View Post
Fantastic trip report! I loved all of the pictures and detail! I felt like I was right there (ahhh wishful thinking)
Thank you and to my trip report! I love taking pictures, as I'm sure you've noticed and have this annoying problem of not being able to summarize all that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
That's not a bad deal.
I know ! But in the end, it was just too short. And we've done summer at WDW four times now, we're ready for Christmas.

Update coming up!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: