Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #481
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Mini TR - Birthday Boy!

Hi everyone! I'll have an update very soon (almost at the end ) but today I just wanted to post a little fun. The official date is tomorrow, but today we had a party for Demetri's fifth birthday!!

He had soooo much fun... he invited his entire class and we held it at an indoor playground that was amazing. Huge play area with climbing, running, sliding fun.... two enormous treehouses... and a mini soccer play area. We had the place to ourselves and everyone had a lot of fun.

Verry yummy ice cream cake from Dairy Queen --- didn't they do a marvelous job?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my fun loving, mischief finding, always happy, DISNEY LOVING sweetheart !!!!!

Old 02-20-2010, 03:00 PM   #482
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Happy Birthday, Demitri!!!

Kathy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2010, 05:43 PM   #483
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Hi there So many fun times in your TR since the last time I checked in

BB looked so fun - both my girls were looking at the pics with me and were asking when we could do the waterparks! Too bad about the rain, but you adjusted your plans nicely so that it all worked out

Congrats on the upcoming trip and also starting the home renos That's a discussion we've been having here too - we've come to the conclusion that doing both is possible it just takes careful planning and doing the home improvements in smaller chunks.

We loved POR - we stayed in the Alligator Bayou section, building 18, it was great. We lucked out on being in the corner that faces the river so it was an easy walk (2-5 minutes) to each of the main building and the pool.

Looking forward to the rest of this TR and hearing more about the Dec. trip
Old 02-20-2010, 10:19 PM   #484
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Happy B-day to Demetri! Looks like a fun place to have a party. We had ds's 5th party at one of those places but yours looks a little nicer!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:53 AM   #485
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

Demetri

Looks like he had a great time and that cake looks sooooo good

When we check in at the Poly I will ask what kind of activities we can do in the resort and if they have some sort of trail, will let you know for your next trip Hope you can find a POR one.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #486
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday to Demetri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he had an awesome time at his party the other day, and even more fun today!

(Is there any cake left over?)
Old 02-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #487
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Happy Birthday Demetri!!!

Gotta love Dairy Queen cakes.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 02-21-2010, 03:07 PM   #488
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

YAY! It looks like he had so much fun at his party!!! YUM!! Love ice cream cake from Dairy Queen!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #489
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Happy Birthday, Demitri!!!

Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Happy B-day to Demetri! Looks like a fun place to have a party. We had ds's 5th party at one of those places but yours looks a little nicer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post

Demetri

Looks like he had a great time and that cake looks sooooo good
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Happy Birthday to Demetri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he had an awesome time at his party the other day, and even more fun today!

(Is there any cake left over?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post

Gotta love Dairy Queen cakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post

YAY! It looks like he had so much fun at his party!!! YUM!! Love ice cream cake from Dairy Queen!!!
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Demetri has had a fun filled weekend. A classmate had a bowling party today and we had a small family party for him this afternoon too. Three parties!

We were very impressed with the indoor playground... the facility is called "Little Goobers". We'd booked a semi private party but they didn't have a second booking at the same time we were there so we had the entire place to ourselves...

The cake was vanilla ice cream on a chocolate cookie base. Mmmmm! This was the second year we got a DQ Lightning McQueen cake and they don't disappoint!

no cake left over... every bit was eaten up!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #490
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
When we check in at the Poly I will ask what kind of activities we can do in the resort and if they have some sort of trail, will let you know for your next trip Hope you can find a POR one.
Awesome! I hope they have something for you. If I can't find anything for POR I'll see what I can come up with. Maybe something tied into the carriage ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Hi there So many fun times in your TR since the last time I checked in

BB looked so fun - both my girls were looking at the pics with me and were asking when we could do the waterparks! Too bad about the rain, but you adjusted your plans nicely so that it all worked out

Congrats on the upcoming trip and also starting the home renos That's a discussion we've been having here too - we've come to the conclusion that doing both is possible it just takes careful planning and doing the home improvements in smaller chunks.

We loved POR - we stayed in the Alligator Bayou section, building 18, it was great. We lucked out on being in the corner that faces the river so it was an easy walk (2-5 minutes) to each of the main building and the pool.

Looking forward to the rest of this TR and hearing more about the Dec. trip
Hello! BB was definately lots of fun and while it was disappointing to miss out on the MK time we were introduced to Wolfgang Puck. Yummmmm!

I joked once before about how miserly George is, but truthfully we're both pretty frugal. So when we decided to start on the basement and had to decide if we could do the trip, I had no qualms spending the money on that prime family time. Thankfully I didn't have to convince George of that either!

Building 18.... we were building 14 and while we loved the close proximity to the main building and ol' man island, we didn't like the hike to the buses. Ahh we'll have to figure out which is more important to us I guess.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:18 AM   #491
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

That Ice Cream Cake looks yummo.

Do you know that they have indoor play areas like that for older kids. our youth group did it....it's called pump it up....!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #492
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
That Ice Cream Cake looks yummo.

Do you know that they have indoor play areas like that for older kids. our youth group did it....it's called pump it up....!
Hey Jordan... welcome back! It's tough keeping up with all the laughs over on your TR but I'm trying to jump in there when I can.

Woo-hoo... I looked up Pump it Up and it looks like it would be FUN. Did your group enjoy it??
Old 02-22-2010, 02:54 PM   #493
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hey Jordan... welcome back! It's tough keeping up with all the laughs over on your TR but I'm trying to jump in there when I can.

Woo-hoo... I looked up Pump it Up and it looks like it would be FUN. Did your group enjoy it??
The wonders of Google...It was a blast! I did the obstacle course race and me and the other guy were laughing so hard at the end!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:56 PM   #494
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

What a fantastic birthday party Demetri had! We have a place similar to that here in our area and it's called the Jungle Gym. Kids absolutely love it.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #495
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
What a fantastic birthday party Demetri had! We have a place similar to that here in our area and it's called the Jungle Gym. Kids absolutely love it.
They were running around non-stop from beginning to end with just the small cake break. I think two other families booked their parties before they left. Perfect for wearing them out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: