Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #301
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Ahhhhh...I love this update!! Your kids look like they had an amazing breakfast, after the rough start of course....eww to having to wait 40 minutes!!!! However, the character interaction looked wonderful and there were tons of smiles all over the place. The food looks really yummy too!!!

I'm sorry George still wasn't feeling well, I'm glad you guys were able to roll with the punches and still have a great time!!! I can't wait to hear about your time at Disney Quest, for some reason that place has always fascinated me.

Okay as far as hockey goes...we are Red Wings fans in this house!!! We watch every game we can and I'm hoping to snag some tickets to the Dallas game for my hubby so he can go with his best friend who lives in Houston.

OH and you are way too kind to me!! I'm glad you are enjoying my TR!! I have greatly enjoyed reading every minute of yours!! You have done a fabulous job!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 10-21-2009, 05:53 AM   #302
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Woo Hooo for hockey and a fun weekend! I hope it cheered you up

Great update!! I'm sorry George was still not feeling well!! I hope he got better

That Ohana wait was crazy!! DH and I waited 50 minutes for our Chef Mickey breakfast in March! UGH! I was just about to give up because we were starving when our buzzer went off!

I love all the character pics! It looks like the kids had a great time at Ohana!!

Can't wait for more!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #303
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great Update!!!

Aww...sorry that you had to wait so long for breakfast. But...Ohana's!!!YAY We love it there!! I was so sad that we weren't able to make it last trip. The juice is really yummy isn't it? It's Nick's favorite!! Love all your pictures!! It looks everyone was having a great time with the characters and that Baby Simba definitely made an impression on them---very cute!!

I hope George is feeling better!!---and that you made it to DTD on time.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 AM   #304
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I was two updates behind....so sorry. I am glad that you have finally gotten over the crappy days. Seems like I've had a few of those myself lately.

I'm sorry that George was feeling under the weather and didn't make it to breakfast with you guys. With the wait you had...forty minutes!....he could have rested there. I love the pictures and the video. The kids had a great spot in the parade!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #305
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Ooo-I love to watch Hockey---I've actually been to some Flyers games...which if you know me is saying something...because I can probably count on one hand the professional sports games I been to...ok maybe 2 hands but not fully...

(my brother busts on me because I don't really like football-I don't know why...but I've always found hockey fun to watch...--I like a little baseball too...but hockey is just exciting because it's fast...and I love the ice skating...too...good for your little-well one little and one medium men...)

I'm glad you and Ariana had a good time in the Disney store...I knew you'd like all the Snow White stuff...(we don't have one too close to us anymore...)

Thanks for the photo of Alice......I'd have hated for you to get dragged off to some Dis jail somewhere though...kinda wierd about the photos...I took some in the Dis store in NY-maybe no one saw me or maybe they just didn't care there...

We love O'hana's breakfast too-although 40 minute wait-not fun...

I agree with you-I think Ohanas is one of the best Character meals...the food and the interaction is always good... ...Stitch usually makes things lots of fun...

Oh...I hope George didn't get too sick from the sun...

Oh and Congrats on the promotion
Old 10-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #306
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Ohana for breakfast looks great other than the wait!

The pix of the kids with the characters can't be beat. The fact that you had baby Simba was no doubt a factor!

What kind of juice is it?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:47 PM   #307
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Ahhhhh...I love this update!! Your kids look like they had an amazing breakfast, after the rough start of course....eww to having to wait 40 minutes!!!! However, the character interaction looked wonderful and there were tons of smiles all over the place. The food looks really yummy too!!!
Yeah the wait was a bummer, I could have explored the resort a bit more if I'd known, but hey, our good timing luck had to run out sometime! Isn't it funny how much fun you can have with the characters and they can't even talk?

Quote:
I'm sorry George still wasn't feeling well, I'm glad you guys were able to roll with the punches and still have a great time!!! I can't wait to hear about your time at Disney Quest, for some reason that place has always fascinated me.
We really didn't know what to expect at Disney Quest... would it be just another arcade? ... would it be lame? .... or really super fun? Coming up!

Quote:
Okay as far as hockey goes...we are Red Wings fans in this house!!! We watch every game we can and I'm hoping to snag some tickets to the Dallas game for my hubby so he can go with his best friend who lives in Houston.
Ah! My sincerest apologizes for cheering on the Penguins last season, but you had your fun the year before!

Quote:
OH and you are way too kind to me!! I'm glad you are enjoying my TR!! I have greatly enjoyed reading every minute of yours!! You have done a fabulous job!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Woo Hooo for hockey and a fun weekend! I hope it cheered you up

Great update!! I'm sorry George was still not feeling well!! I hope he got better
Thanks! It did help a lot, and the Disney Store helped bring the excitement of the upcoming holidays back too. I'm afraid I had let the gloomies set it but we're back on track now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
That Ohana wait was crazy!! DH and I waited 50 minutes for our Chef Mickey breakfast in March! UGH! I was just about to give up because we were starving when our buzzer went off!

I love all the character pics! It looks like the kids had a great time at Ohana!!

Can't wait for more!!
Thank heavens those are the exceptions.... at least they have been for us. In our four trips that was a first.... luckily they've been worth the wait! Ohana remains our favorite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great Update!!!

Aww...sorry that you had to wait so long for breakfast. But...Ohana's!!!YAY We love it there!! I was so sad that we weren't able to make it last trip. The juice is really yummy isn't it? It's Nick's favorite!! Love all your pictures!! It looks everyone was having a great time with the characters and that Baby Simba definitely made an impression on them---very cute!!

I hope George is feeling better!!---and that you made it to DTD on time.
I tried to duplicate the juice once and while tasty, I haven't quite matched it. I'm inspired to try again ... I'll let you know what I come up with!

Disclaimer: No animals were hurt in the making of this story. Baby Simba had a, shall we say..... unfortunate accident yesterday. Although a constant and faithful companion for Ariana at home, Baby Simba is not allowed to accompany her into her therapy sessions.

Yesterday, at the start of her session, she was not quite ready to say goodbye to him and he became the subject of a tug-of-war with Alex. This battle of wills and strength resulted in.... yes, its true.... Baby Simba's head came off.

Alex was mortified and Ariana was devastated with tears streaming down her face. But George, her knight-in-shining-armour, was successful in sewing him back together in what, quite proudly I may say, looks like the nasty deed never happened.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #308
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Oh no!!!!! Poor Simba. But hey, he'll always be a'head to me! (...That reminds me of something Timon & Pumbaa would say - some cheesy joke that makes no sense...)

Glad he was able to be put back together.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:18 PM   #309
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I was two updates behind....so sorry. I am glad that you have finally gotten over the crappy days. Seems like I've had a few of those myself lately.
Oh back to you! Do you have a Disney Store around you? Big help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm sorry that George was feeling under the weather and didn't make it to breakfast with you guys. With the wait you had...forty minutes!....he could have rested there. I love the pictures and the video. The kids had a great spot in the parade!
You're right, he could have! That would have been the better thing all around considering how late we ended up being. Yep, really late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Ooo-I love to watch Hockey---I've actually been to some Flyers games...which if you know me is saying something...because I can probably count on one hand the professional sports games I been to...ok maybe 2 hands but not fully...

(my brother busts on me because I don't really like football-I don't know why...but I've always found hockey fun to watch...--I like a little baseball too...but hockey is just exciting because it's fast...and I love the ice skating...too...good for your little-well one little and one medium men...)
I can totally picture you enjoying hockey! I love football too... NFL over CFL, very unpatriotic of me I know....

Quote:
I'm glad you and Ariana had a good time in the Disney store...I knew you'd like all the Snow White stuff...(we don't have one too close to us anymore...)

Thanks for the photo of Alice......I'd have hated for you to get dragged off to some Dis jail somewhere though...kinda wierd about the photos...I took some in the Dis store in NY-maybe no one saw me or maybe they just didn't care there...
Mmmmm, Disney jail might be kinda fun. Who might the guards be if they were characters? Certainly Donald, the Queen of Hearts, perhaps Malificent.... I'd taken pictures of about three quarters of the store before anyone approached me.

Quote:
We love O'hana's breakfast too-although 40 minute wait-not fun...

I agree with you-I think Ohanas is one of the best Character meals...the food and the interaction is always good... ...Stitch usually makes things lots of fun...

Oh...I hope George didn't get too sick from the sun...

Oh and Congrats on the promotion
I won't hesitate to book them again next time. I still haven't explored the resort like I wanted to but if we get there at Christmas its a definate.

Thanks on the promotion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Ohana for breakfast looks great other than the wait!

The pix of the kids with the characters can't be beat. The fact that you had baby Simba was no doubt a factor!

What kind of juice is it?
The pic with Stitch is my desktop picture... .makes me smile every time I see it.

The juice is an equal mix of passionfruit juice, orange juice and guava juice. Definately going to try to re-create it.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #310
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Oh no!!!!! Poor Simba. But hey, he'll always be a'head to me! (...That reminds me of something Timon & Pumbaa would say - some cheesy joke that makes no sense...)

Glad he was able to be put back together.
Groan! Ok, that was bad. He did a good job! If they hadn't told me about it, I wouldn't have known.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #311
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

*sigh* Good old Polynesian. Love that place! Believe it or not we never ate at Ohana. Sounds like a lot of fun though!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #312
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I love this update!! I really really really REALLY want to go to Ohanas now. Jen, are you reading this?

Oh, poor baby simba! I'm so glad he could get put back together!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 PM   #313
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
The pic with Stitch is my desktop picture... .makes me smile every time I see it.

The juice is an equal mix of passionfruit juice, orange juice and guava juice. Definately going to try to re-create it.
MMMMM.........that juice just sounds too good.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:30 AM   #314
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
*sigh* Good old Polynesian. Love that place! Believe it or not we never ate at Ohana. Sounds like a lot of fun though!
Really? You should, its fun! I'm determined to go tour the Poly ... any insider insights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love this update!! I really really really REALLY want to go to Ohanas now. Jen, are you reading this?

Oh, poor baby simba! I'm so glad he could get put back together!
You're on itinerary version 6.0 now right? I hope you get there! Baby Simba is as good as new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
MMMMM.........that juice just sounds too good.
Mmmmmmm... I wish I had some right now. I would love to start each morning with Ohana juice.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:57 AM   #315
preschoolmom
DIS Veteran

Poor baby Simba!

Hi, I followed your trip report link from the Adventures in Autism report. I'm enjoying your report!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: