Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2009, 08:04 AM   #226
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Whoops! Forgot the Favorite and Not-so-Favorites for our Epcot day.

ALEX:
The rain! Spaceship Earth

I loved how Alex thought the rain was a favorite part of the day! Was it because he got a chance to just sit and hang out with his brother and sister?

Kathy
Old 09-30-2009, 08:17 AM   #227
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Great idea giving Alex the waterproof camera... I bought one for Tricia and one for Catie so they can do the same! They're for pool pix, though, we're not doing the water parks...

Demitri looks pleased as punch with himself for conquering the big wave! I'll bet Ariana loved the pressure of the water, too.

If we ever do one of the water parks I can definitely see myself wanting to stay in the lazy river for most of the day!

And great job defending your turf!

Kathy

Oh, and a Happy Belated Birthday to the big teen-age girl!!

Last edited by KathyRN137; 09-30-2009 at 08:22 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #228
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

I LOVE your TL update. We cannot wait to go there in August too, those water parks look so great. We're going to try to do both.

Your little guy is so cute in the little waves.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #229
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

George doesn't get sunburned does he.....you mentioned he likes to snooze in the sun...I hope whoever it is...it isn't too bad...

Love the look on Demetri's face...good for George for showing him something fun to do that wasn't going to overwhelm him......I love that wave pool-but it can be intense...

Annoying table thieves......good for you...Doesn't it ever blow your mind how some people just don't think the same rules apply to them as the rest of the world?...

Love the update....
Old 09-30-2009, 12:04 PM   #230
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It looks like you guys are having a blast at Typhoon Lagoon. I am not a fan of the wave pool.....seems like I just get sloshed around everywhere. The pictures are just fantastic. I took a waterproof camera with us to TL too but I haven't gotten the film developed yet to see if any of the pictures turned out.

Looking forward to reading more!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #232
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Way to handle the table thieves! Seriously, if you want a good spot, or any spot, at one of the water parks you have to get there early and if not you can't go around snagging someone else's!

I'm glad Demetri found a way to enjoy the wave pool. It can be intimidating!

Uh oh, who's not feeling well?
Table thieves I like that. I couldn't believe their nerve! That kind of stuff always irks me.

He had such fun in the pool, it wasn't until half way thru the day we thought to check out the kiddie section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, nice of those people to just make themselves comfortable at your table. Atleast you got it back!

The wave pool pictures are so cool. We went to TL years ago and I remember the waves being really big (and lots of fun!).
People were body surfing those waves! Very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay!!! I'm so happy to see an update about TL!!! We are thinking of adding on the Water Park option on our next trip. I'm not sure that we will be able to get to both waterparks so we are leaning toward TL because we heard it's more family friendly. Is this true?

It looks like you had a fun time!! I'm so glad that Demetri was able to enjoy the wave pool!! BTW--Your pictures are really beautiful!!!

I can't believe those people trying to steal your table. Good for you for going over there and stopping them!!!
We liked both parks for different reasons..... personally I didn't think either park was more family friendly than the other. More updates coming for both parks! Hopefully that will help.

How proud do you think I was when I saw Alex snapped a Mickey head photo for me?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #233
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I loved how Alex thought the rain was a favorite part of the day! Was it because he got a chance to just sit and hang out with his brother and sister?

Kathy
That answer definately made me smile. I asked him at the time why it was his favorite part and he replied, "I don't know. It was just cool." He liked Pooh Bear's room of rain too. Maybe that's the storm chaser in him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Great idea giving Alex the waterproof camera... I bought one for Tricia and one for Catie so they can do the same! They're for pool pix, though, we're not doing the water parks...

I should have got more waterproof cameras for pool pics now that I see what he did at the parks! They went fast though... 27 pictures each wasn't enough!

Demitri looks pleased as punch with himself for conquering the big wave! I'll bet Ariana loved the pressure of the water, too.

Oh the smiles on Demetri's face everytime the wave came was priceless! Ariana got more of a kick pretending to be Ariel and having the waves splash up around her

If we ever do one of the water parks I can definitely see myself wanting to stay in the lazy river for most of the day!

The lazy river was definately heaven on earth!

And great job defending your turf!

Kathy

Oh, and a Happy Belated Birthday to the big teen-age girl!!
Thank you! Dinner and the movies are two of her favorite things so we went to her favorite restaurant and went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 3D. Very cute movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
I LOVE your TL update. We cannot wait to go there in August too, those water parks look so great. We're going to try to do both.

Your little guy is so cute in the little waves.
They were fabulous and so much more than I expected them to be. My family loves water parks but I'm more used to just a little wave pool with a slide ride here or there.... This was a water park Disney style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
George doesn't get sunburned does he.....you mentioned he likes to snooze in the sun...I hope whoever it is...it isn't too bad...

George is very susceptible to sun burns.... when he was a teenager he was hopsitalized because he fell asleep in the sun all day......

Love the look on Demetri's face...good for George for showing him something fun to do that wasn't going to overwhelm him......I love that wave pool-but it can be intense...

For sure he didn't want anything to do with the waves farther in, even in George's arms.... it's definately a really strong wave.

Annoying table thieves......good for you...Doesn't it ever blow your mind how some people just don't think the same rules apply to them as the rest of the world?...

All the time! And to boot, they were smoking while sitting there. Seriously!

Love the update....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It looks like you guys are having a blast at Typhoon Lagoon. I am not a fan of the wave pool.....seems like I just get sloshed around everywhere. The pictures are just fantastic. I took a waterproof camera with us to TL too but I haven't gotten the film developed yet to see if any of the pictures turned out.

Looking forward to reading more!
That's a fairly accurate description... sloshed around. You definately lose your footing and end up in a much different place than where you were standing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Typhoon Lagoon looks like so MUCH FUN! WOO HOO!
It was!
Old 10-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #234
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Gosh I can't believe I missed so much, work has had me exhausted each day, each night I try and catch up on at least one (though I try for two) PTR/Tr's- tonight was yours

So Happy Belated Birthday Ariana, wow 13. I remember those years, fondly and not so fondly, lol, teenage turmoil. And so you have two teens now

Way to go George on the nice stroller save, I would've greatly appreciated that if I was so lucky as to have my stroller saved on a rainy day.

Mickey race cars I'm in trouble there if my boys see those They'll want to buy them all. My plan is to get them each a gift card to be their spending money, but they might be too young to fully understand that concept

Love your Illuminations pictures, you got some great shots. I can't wait to see that show, that is one of my top things to do.

Typhoon lagoon looks like fun, we did blizzard beach on our honeymoon, but I'm just not a water park kinda girl and DH came off that big big big slide with a headache so that put a short stop to our afternoon. Can't wait to see what else you did at the water park.

Demetri is so cute, he is such a little ham
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 10-02-2009, 01:33 PM   #235
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Gosh I can't believe I missed so much, work has had me exhausted each day, each night I try and catch up on at least one (though I try for two) PTR/Tr's- tonight was yours

Yay... welcome back Hope things settle for you soon, it's not fun being exhausted all the time.

So Happy Belated Birthday Ariana, wow 13. I remember those years, fondly and not so fondly, lol, teenage turmoil. And so you have two teens now

Thank you! Yep, keeping up with the angst keeps me on my toes!

Way to go George on the nice stroller save, I would've greatly appreciated that if I was so lucky as to have my stroller saved on a rainy day.

Yep, that's pretty much why he does those kinds of things.

Mickey race cars I'm in trouble there if my boys see those They'll want to buy them all. My plan is to get them each a gift card to be their spending money, but they might be too young to fully understand that concept

Be prepared.. they're all over! The gift card each is smart... I'm going to be especially frugal for our Christmas trip and although we don't spend a whole lot anyway, I think I'll do that too just to keep things under control.

Love your Illuminations pictures, you got some great shots. I can't wait to see that show, that is one of my top things to do.

Thanks.... its a beautiful show for sure. Listen for the flames to be blown out! Did I mention that's one of my favorite parts?

Typhoon lagoon looks like fun, we did blizzard beach on our honeymoon, but I'm just not a water park kinda girl and DH came off that big big big slide with a headache so that put a short stop to our afternoon. Can't wait to see what else you did at the water park.

Demetri is so cute, he is such a little ham
TL was a LOT of fun .... George didn't have a lot of luck at both water parks but that's another update... Demetri's definately a character... almost everyone we meet asks us with a huge smile on their face, "Is he always like this?"
Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #236
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Blue"]

For a while there I thought I was going to fall asleep on CC too... I could feel myself drifting off while drifting along and the kids were with George..... but then suddenly realized my face was beaming straight up into the sun. Would not have been pretty!

For sure Erin would love Kim Possible. There is lots of audio and the clues are by no means hard, there are pictures to guide you and a "help" button on the phone if you need more detail than what the initial clue is.

Demetri loved being the "Kimmunicator keeper" while we were searching for our next clues and he loved huddle-ing up with us around the phone to shield it off from everyone else to keep it a secret.
I had that issue. I fell asleep and my front side was a little more red than my backside, but I didn't burn so it was all good.

I'm glad you think Erin will like Kim Possible. I think she will like it too!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #237
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Had to get all caught up now, and I really really enjoyed reading your EPCOT posts, you have so many details! They were great! We have yet to explore everything there, ourselves, so I know that there is always more to do, you are right! I also really liked the photos, you take nice pictures! Typhoon Lagoon looks like it was a fun day too... we can't go there quite yet, not until both of mine swim, it would be too stressful for me otherwise. HOWEVER, I cannot believe someone would think they could just take your table!! Good grief! Looking forward to hearing more about the day!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise *
Old 10-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #238
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
my front side was a little more red than my backside
Oh dear... I had to read that a few times to catch that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Had to get all caught up now, and I really really enjoyed reading your EPCOT posts, you have so many details! They were great! We have yet to explore everything there, ourselves, so I know that there is always more to do, you are right! I also really liked the photos, you take nice pictures! Typhoon Lagoon looks like it was a fun day too... we can't go there quite yet, not until both of mine swim, it would be too stressful for me otherwise. HOWEVER, I cannot believe someone would think they could just take your table!! Good grief! Looking forward to hearing more about the day!
I remember when I first started reading the DIS, I loved reading reports (and still do!) with lots of detail. Plus, I'll be able to read back and remember myself.

A little more to tell about TL... we just came back from the Toy Story double feature so hopefully tomorrow!
Old 10-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #239
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Was it awesome? I want to see it!
Old 10-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #240
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Was it awesome? I want to see it!
You know what? I LOVE the movies..... I love the dimension... I loved seeing them on the super huge screen... I loved wearing the funky glasses and giggling with my kids at all the parts that we love... I loved the entertaining intermission..... but......

I was expecting things to be popping out at me, to want to reach out and grab things or duck from something coming straight at me.... to be saying "whoa.. cool!" ..... but it wasn't.

It didn't quite live up to my expectations, but we really, really enjoyed going.

Mickey's Philharmagic has totally spoiled me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: