Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 02:10 AM   #166
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Alex drew the short straw and had to run back to George to get one of our key cards. Luckily he found him right away but now we were twenty minutes late. We had to recheck in and only had to wait about another five minutes before our table was ready. We met our table mates and headed as a group to our table.

Each table has a hot cooking surface surrounded by ten seats. As we were taking our seats, I warned Demetri a few extra times not to try touching it. Going around the table, there was a single eater on the end, Alex was beside her and then Demetri and I. To my left was a lovely family from Boston finishing up the rest of the seats. Jinta was our server…

… and he took wonderful care of us until our chef was ready to start. He showed us all how to take a little piece of the wrapper that our chopsticks were in and using an elastic band, MacGyver them together so we looked like pros. We practiced picking up the crayons Demetri got with his kids menu and were experts by the time it came to eat.

Alex and I both ordered the Filet Mignon with vegetables, noodles and steamed rice while Demetri asked for the Tempura Combo with a shrimp and chicken with noodles, vegetables and steamed rice. Our chef, Kenji put on a marvelous 'show' preparing our meals.

Preparing an onion train which he choo-choo’d towards Demetri to his delight.

A quick Mickey head.

And his masterful cooking.

Producing our delicious dishes.

Demetri’s meal came from the kitchen in a monorail dish which he absolutely adored. Before our trip, I’d asked him what his favorite ride at Epcot was and he’d answered the monorail. (ha!)

I think I ate every possible bite I could of that meal. Oh the flavors! So delicious! The rice was a bit sticky and I noticed not much of it had been eaten at the entire table, but that just left me more room to have dessert! I had the chocolate ginger cake while the boys had the soft serve ice cream. So very, very, good. We would definately do Teppan Edo again.

It was nearing 3:30pm and we’d been away from George and Ariana for two hours now. A very long lunch! A last few pictures...

On our journey back, we walked past this cute couple…

this practically perfect lady….

and this lovely young girl….

We’d set the place to meet after lunch as the character spot but left the time open because I’d had no idea how long we’d be. I’d suggested to George that he take Ariana back to Soarin and have lunch at either the Electric Umbrella (we’d been there before so no trying anything new there) or to the Sunshine Seasons food court outside Soarin if he wanted a big variety. When we found them at the character spot, what he’d ended up doing is taking it slow visiting each character since the lines were practically nothing and then just stayed there and waited for us.

When I asked him why he chose to skip lunch he answered, “cause I’m an idiot.” Well then. At least he said it instead of me!

Next up: Rain, Rain... Go Away!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:56 AM   #167
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Aww...I'm glad you and your boys had a great lunch at Teppan Edo! I really would like to try and eat there sometime it looks like a great time!!!!

Soarin is such a great ride! I'm so glad its something that you guys are able to enjoy so much as a family!! I can't wait to be riding it soon!!!!

Loved the shirts...they are so cute!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 AM   #168
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Did you ask the family from Boston if they knew me? We're a very close-knit community up here.... all million of us.

Teppan Edo looks delicious - I haven't eaten breakfast yet, so my stomach was growling.

I love the pictures of Ariana with the characters! Minnie Mouse looks so... sassy? For lack of a better word... in her picture.

I'm sorry Alex & George got in a fight, but did it clear up by now? Was that his way of apologizing?
Old 09-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #169
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I love super long updates!

Thanks for the morning ride on Soarin. I find my legs swinging sometimes too, it's just the kind of ride that makes you so happy.

Teppan Edo looks like a great meal! Yum Yum!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #170
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in and loving your Trip Report!

You have a beautiful family and it sounds like you all have so much fun together!
Old 09-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #171
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Oh my, I loved this update! From the great tees, Ian would LOVE Demetri's 4 shirt!, to the magical ride on Soarin', to your delicious and fun looking lunch. Teppan Edo is on my must try list now, thanks to great reviews by you, Amy, and Jackie! That monorail dish is so cute, I wonder if they're available for sale anywhere? Did you e-mail yourself the video game? We never even went into Inoventions, but next time definitely. So how hungry were Arianna and George at this point?
Old 09-21-2009, 07:04 AM   #172
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

I played that piggy bank game online It looks a bit more interactive in the parks. That game Alex and Demetri played looks really cool, might have to try and do that with Jack.

I have never ridden Soarin' and that is even after two trips to DL/CA in Anaheim Trying to see if Jack will be up to it on this trip if he is tall enough.

The lunch looks like a lot of fun, but not something my kids would sit still for

June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 09-21-2009, 09:37 AM   #173
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Fantastic updates! It sounds like you guys have gotten a lot done at Epcot so far. I have a 12 year old son and every once in a while, he'll take our joking the wrong way and get all upset. I think it's the whole...."I don't know if I am still a little boy or a soon-to-be teenager" thing.

Looking forward to reading more!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #174
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Love the long update!!

Yay! for Demetri's shirt!! What a cutie he is!!!

We didn't spend too much time in Innoventions on our last trip, but we did make sure and do the one where you put yourself in a video game. It was so much fun!! Great pictures!!

Thanks for sharing the Soarin' video!! You know how much I love that ride. It made my day!!!

Sounds like you had a great experience at Teppan Edo. Everything looks so yummy!!!

Great character pictures with Ariana!!!

The "Rain, Rain..Go Away" sounds alot like our Epcot night.

Can't wait for more......
Old 09-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #175
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...Another great update...

awesome review of Teppan Edo-I know that Em wants to "eat in Japan" (she is crazy for the store there too) next year on her BD trip but does she want Teppan...or Tokyo D?...your review sounds so good-it just makes me just want to go with Teppan...

I loved the great video game that the boys made...that's the kind of stuff I'd like to do...stop and smell the roses...if you will...if...DH wasn't in a rush to hit the "hightlights"... ...and Alex saving for a trip-now what trip would that be...

I'm sorry about Alex and George fighting......I wouldn't no anything about a stubborn father and teen fighting...---I'm sorry-its really upsetting you know I know but sometimes its comforting to know you aren't the only one...
Old 09-21-2009, 07:29 PM   #176
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Aww...I'm glad you and your boys had a great lunch at Teppan Edo! I really would like to try and eat there sometime it looks like a great time!!!!

After writing about our Teppan Edo lunch I was inspired to make a similar dish for dinner from left over steak. Yummy, but not near as good as Kenji did it!

Soarin is such a great ride! I'm so glad its something that you guys are able to enjoy so much as a family!! I can't wait to be riding it soon!!!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Loved the shirts...they are so cute!!!!

Can't wait to hear more!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post
Did you ask the family from Boston if they knew me? We're a very close-knit community up here.... all million of us.

Oh, you know... they did say they knew of a young lady by the name of Danica, but I assumed they were talking about the race car driver.

Teppan Edo looks delicious - I haven't eaten breakfast yet, so my stomach was growling.

I can totally see you and Lou eating there! You'd love it!

I love the pictures of Ariana with the characters! Minnie Mouse looks so... sassy? For lack of a better word... in her picture.

Sassy is an awesome description! I miss meeting the characters. Our first trip it was our mission to meet every character and I want to do that again next time.

I'm sorry Alex & George got in a fight, but did it clear up by now? Was that his way of apologizing?
Unfortunately those two rarely apologize to one another, they just let it go. Fortunately however, they let it go very easily and instantly 'forgive' one another. Not me, I get sulky and hold grudges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I love super long updates!

Yeah, it'd been a week since my last update so it felt good to just keep going!

Thanks for the morning ride on Soarin. I find my legs swinging sometimes too, it's just the kind of ride that makes you so happy.

I forgot to say we waited for the front row The best!

Teppan Edo looks like a great meal! Yum Yum!
Mmmmm, delish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
I'm joining in and loving your Trip Report!

You have a beautiful family and it sounds like you all have so much fun together!
.... and thank you! It was definately a main objective of ours this time around to just have fun!
Old 09-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #177
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Oh my, I loved this update! From the great tees, Ian would LOVE Demetri's 4 shirt!, to the magical ride on Soarin', to your delicious and fun looking lunch. Teppan Edo is on my must try list now, thanks to great reviews by you, Amy, and Jackie! That monorail dish is so cute, I wonder if they're available for sale anywhere? Did you e-mail yourself the video game? We never even went into Inoventions, but next time definitely. So how hungry were Arianna and George at this point?
I think I'm going to make Demetri a 5 shirt in February for his birthday! I would love to have that monorail dish too.. I'm going to look for it!

Yes, Alex emailed himself the video game and he said its a hoot to play it here at home. He smiles everytime. Ariana needs to be reminded to eat in Disney but yep, George was starving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
I played that piggy bank game online It looks a bit more interactive in the parks. That game Alex and Demetri played looks really cool, might have to try and do that with Jack.

Oh you really should do that with Jack, he'd love it! Demetri was asking to go back at the end of the evening and do the Piggy Bank game again. Not sure how much of the savings part he learned ... that piggy is so darn cute!

I have never ridden Soarin' and that is even after two trips to DL/CA in Anaheim Trying to see if Jack will be up to it on this trip if he is tall enough.

Oh I think he just might love it, it's so... transfixing, he won't be able to look away!

The lunch looks like a lot of fun, but not something my kids would sit still for

Yes, this was not an Ariana lunch either. I was a little concerned Demetri wouldn't like it but the monorail dish was a big hit for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Fantastic updates! It sounds like you guys have gotten a lot done at Epcot so far. I have a 12 year old son and every once in a while, he'll take our joking the wrong way and get all upset. I think it's the whole...."I don't know if I am still a little boy or a soon-to-be teenager" thing.

Looking forward to reading more!
So true! George is pretty sarcastic and I'm a bit of a wise a$$ myself so every once in a while Alex gets frustrated. Poor thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Love the long update!!

Yay! for Demetri's shirt!! What a cutie he is!!!

He gets away with alot due to said cuteness!

We didn't spend too much time in Innoventions on our last trip, but we did make sure and do the one where you put yourself in a video game. It was so much fun!! Great pictures!!

Innoventions has always been a favorite of Alex's but I was usually meh, either way. Was everything in there new this year or did I just not pay close enough attention? Cause it was super fun.

Thanks for sharing the Soarin' video!! You know how much I love that ride. It made my day!!!

Yay! I'm glad! That makes my day!

Sounds like you had a great experience at Teppan Edo. Everything looks so yummy!!!

We'll be back to that one for sure.

Great character pictures with Ariana!!!

I was surprised to see how well his pictures turned out. George is usually the thumb in the picture kinda photographer.

The "Rain, Rain..Go Away" sounds alot like our Epcot night.

It was a doozy!

Can't wait for more......
Old 09-21-2009, 08:12 PM   #178
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hmmm...Another great update...

awesome review of Teppan Edo-I know that Em wants to "eat in Japan" (she is crazy for the store there too) next year on her BD trip but does she want Teppan...or Tokyo D?...your review sounds so good-it just makes me just want to go with Teppan...

I've read one review of Tokyo Dining and it sounded great too, but I don't think it had the extra fun of the chef with the hot plate, etc. They did a marvelous job.

I loved the great video game that the boys made...that's the kind of stuff I'd like to do...stop and smell the roses...if you will...if...DH wasn't in a rush to hit the "hightlights"... ...and Alex saving for a trip-now what trip would that be...

That video was a hoot and I LOVE that you can email it to yourself and just play over and over. I just asked Alex what his dream vacation would be and he said Hawaii or New York. Well I know one little girl who'd be voting for New York.....

I'm sorry about Alex and George fighting......I wouldn't no anything about a stubborn father and teen fighting...---I'm sorry-its really upsetting you know I know but sometimes its comforting to know you aren't the only one...
Isn't it 'funny' how each of us are at the point in our TRs where we're at Epcot and our husbands are bickering with our children? Was there something in the water?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:53 PM   #179
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I laughed a bit about the sticky rice comment. Japanese rice is typically very sticky... Trust me I had it every day growing up...unless....wait a second.....maybe my mom was a bad cook.............no really, it's supposed to be sticky.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #180
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I laughed a bit about the sticky rice comment. Japanese rice is typically very sticky... Trust me I had it every day growing up...unless....wait a second.....maybe my mom was a bad cook.............no really, it's supposed to be sticky.
Very true, very true.

Otherwise sushi falls apart! Duhhhh.... c'mon, how did you not know that?

(Just kidding, I'm pretty sure that's not how sushi is held together)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: