Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 12:17 PM   #1
tinktmg
Earning My Ears

Mom and Daughter trip 7 days at the Beach Club!!!

Ok let me start off by saying this is my first trip report so bear with me as I get into the swing of it. Lets just start from the begining of April when my mom needed to take some vacation time off work or risk losing it and who wants to lose vacation time? So she suggested we go somewhere and after a couple days throwing ideas around I received a discount pin for dining in the email. Now let me tell you a little about us both, we both have Disneyland Annual passports and have been to Disney World before so going back is always a choice even though we love to mix our vacations around with our family. Ok back to the dining pin, the pin some how came to my email even though it was in my cousins name, who knows why? So I called Disney to ask if we could use the code since it came to my email, at first the cast member said we could not and then I said well I was going to book a reservation if we could use it, she then asked when we would be booking for and I said in about 2 weeks lol Now I dont know if that was the magic words but she put me on hold to talk with a Supervisor then came back and said they would make an exception and put on a 24 hour hold with the dining pin. Now that sounded great so I thanked her and then spoke with my mom and said I think were going to Disney World!!!
Ok I just realized I should give you a little more back info, I am 40 and my mom now 60. We have been to WDW a few times but always with children so this would be the first time without any kids which was actually pretty exciting. The only stipulation my mom had was that we dont over do it and just have a nice relaxing time which was quite alright with me. So we decided on staying at the Beach Club which we have before but it has been a few years. We went last year and stayed at POR which was great but I think we are partial to BC. Since we were so close to our departure date of 4/25 the money was due in full and I am guess that is why we got the ok for the Dining Pin and we decided on the DDP. So the easy part was booking the WDW portion of the vacation, now was time for airfare that seemed to rise every minute I looked from California to Orlando! Finally found a decent fare from Long Beach Airport to MCO on Jet Blue so I booked it. Ok I think I hit all the pre-trip stuff and I will start little by little day by day on the trip itself. I have taken some pictures and will post some here and there as I have not done that before so it in itself should be an adventure. The Mother Daughter adventure will continue!

Last edited by tinktmg; 05-08-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #2
WDWsweetie
Earning My Ears

joining in!
cant wait to hear all about your trip
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
Brizite76
Mouseketeer

Hey! My DD and I are going to Beach Club in October. She's only 8, but it's still a mother/daughter vacay
Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
tinktmg
Earning My Ears

Day 1 - Leaving, Traveling & Arriving

Day 1 is up first. Flight out wasnt terribly early, just before 10 am actually. Just knew we did not want a redeye flight so we opted for the Jetblue flight. No problems arriving at the airport in Long Beach. It is such a small airport and I do love flying this one over LAX or John Wayne. We checked our bags at the curb, walked on through security and were sitting in our gate in less than 15 minutes. We had our headphones ready for the flight when right before boarding they announced that the entertainment system was down and we would not have any tv for the flight. So we picked up a couple of magazines and boarded the flight ready to get on our way to WDW. The flight was no problem, smooth sailing and I forgot to mention we do have a 1/2 hour layover in Austin, TX. We didnt have to change planes and when we arrived we had the option to leave our carryons and deplane if we wanted. We decided to jump off and share a sandwich as it was lunch time to us. After our short time in Austin we were on the way again and landing at MCO early just before 6:30pm.

We were off the plane now and making our way down to the Magical Express check in. We didnt even get in line and a nice castmember was holding a copy of the mailed Magical Express transportation coupon instructing us to bypass the check in desk and make our way over to the boarding area if we had one. Since we had that out and handy we moved right over and then on to the line for the Beach Club. We got to the front of the line to wait for our bus and they waived us right in and on a waiting bus so literally our wait was 10 seconds to make it on the bus. Once on the bus it was not full and we did end up waiting about 10 minutes for just a few more vacationers and then we were off and on our way. About half way through our drive the rain, lightening, thunder and hail started but no worries we knew we were staying at Beach Club with interior corridors so we were not as concerned as we would have been if this had happened last year when we stay at Port Orleans Riverside. No getting wet for us on our first night at Disney!

We pulled up to our resort and jumped off the bus and were greeted by staff immediately, a nice young gentleman took us right in and found us an open spot to check in and since we had done the online check in our paper work and folder was waiting. We were given our key to the world cards and made our way to our room. I had requested a first floor room so my mom would not have to walk far since she has bad knees and also I just like the patios outside of these rooms. Our room was in a great location right around the corner from the Beach Club Marketplace and with a beautiful courtyard view. I love the way the rooms had been refurbished and the colors and even flat screen tv were very pleasing. We were very happy to be in the room and quite hungry for dinner. Since it was still pouring outside we made our way to the BC Marketplace and used a quick service meal. I had the turkey and cheese sub heated and my mom had the make your own salad. Let me tell you they do not skimp on that salad and she picked all the ingredients she wanted and there was no way I thought it would fit in the container but they managed to pack it well and fit it all. We grabbed a couple of rice crispy treats and our drinks to complete the QS meal. We also picked up some little cereal bowls, milk, 2 liter sodas and some snacks for our breakfasts during the week. It is nice that they provide you with all the extra cups, bowls, cutlery and napkins for these items so you can keep in your room. After making our purchases we were off back to the room to eat and relax. Back in the room I love how the little table under the desk comes out and and were able to pull 2 chairs up and have our dinner there. It was already after 10 pm now and our luggage came from the magical express. Its good to see our luggage arrive after leaving it at the curbside checkin back in California. Whew! We unpacked and watched some tv and just prepared ourselves for what we called our most relaxing no stress Disney trip ever! That was about it for our first day, mostly travel and check in but just knowing you are on vacation makes it seem just so much more magical. If i remember anymore about our day 1 I will add it.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
WDWsweetie
Earning My Ears

too bad you couldnt watch tv on your flight
great update

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: