Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
renartig
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1

Disney Youth Education Series

Looking for 6 youths, Grades 9 - 12 to join our group to attended the Disney Youth Education Series Program. As attendess of the program you get discounted Park Admission. There are several great programs to choose from, Team up for Wildlife, Disney's World of Physics: Energy and Waves, and Disney's Leadership Excellence: The Inside Trach are the programs we are looking at. Please email me if you are interested. We will be in Disney from November 4th - 8th.
renartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #2
slmcn66
Mouseketeer
 
slmcn66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 94

YES - did you attend

Just wondering, did you attend the YES program at Disney? It's difficult trying to find some type of review.
slmcn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
alex9179
DIS Veteran
 
alex9179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,300

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmcn66 View Post
Just wondering, did you attend the YES program at Disney? It's difficult trying to find some type of review.
Wow, you unearthed an old comment

The Budget board has a very long thread with info.


http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2861293
alex9179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:54 AM   #4
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmcn66 View Post
Just wondering, did you attend the YES program at Disney? It's difficult trying to find some type of review.
I am currently writing a trip report for a class trip during which we attended two programs-

Energy and Waves at Magic Kingdom and The Science of Imagineering at Hollywood Studios. You can click on the link in my signature for Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail? The 2nd post in the report has chapter links.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
slmcn66
Mouseketeer
 
slmcn66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 94

Thank you! The link was helpful
slmcn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:13 PM   #6
slmcn66
Mouseketeer
 
slmcn66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I am currently writing a trip report for a class trip during which we attended two programs-

Energy and Waves at Magic Kingdom and The Science of Imagineering at Hollywood Studios. You can click on the link in my signature for Wicked Awesome or Epic Fail? The 2nd post in the report has chapter links.


Too funny - I stumbled across your report today and really enjoyed it! Would you attend/schedule the Y.E.S. classes again? I'm going w/ my DD 13 & some other girls & moms. We have three classes scheduled - none of which either of us would have selected - Emerging Leadership at HS, Behind the Show at Epcot & Team up for Wildlife at AK - we would have preferred science/math related classes Trying to figure out the best use of our time. I'd be grateful for any input.
slmcn66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
natebenma
DIS Veteran
 
natebenma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: near Boston
Posts: 11,816

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmcn66 View Post
Too funny - I stumbled across your report today and really enjoyed it! Would you attend/schedule the Y.E.S. classes again? I'm going w/ my DD 13 & some other girls & moms. We have three classes scheduled - none of which either of us would have selected - Emerging Leadership at HS, Behind the Show at Epcot & Team up for Wildlife at AK - we would have preferred science/math related classes Trying to figure out the best use of our time. I'd be grateful for any input.
The answer is Y.E.S, I will probably be doing more classes in 3 years when my youngest son is in 8th grade.

I'm not familiar with the ones you have listed, but I think in the past our school has done a Wildlife class at AK and maybe a Marine Discovery class at EPCOT.

Our school has attended done the Physics class at MK where you ride Space Mountain with the lights off and on and that gets great review from our group.

The Behind the Show at EPCOT sounds fun to me, since EP is my favorite park.

I don't plan on doing any of the classes during visits with just my family. If I lived in the area, I think this would be an awesome enrichment opportunity for my kids.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alphabet game: Disney Characters II ryley26 Theme Parks Community 4115 07-12-2010 04:08 PM
"The Next Poster" - Disney Style.. Part III continued sm4987 Theme Parks Community 3582 07-10-2010 08:05 AM
Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-) teresajoy Disney for Families 3742 10-23-2009 10:38 AM
Alphabet Game, Disney Related mandymouse UK Community Board 3757 09-03-2009 08:12 AM
Disney fact or fiction... Disneyland Veteran Disneyland Community Board 9 08-28-2009 04:33 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.