Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2009, 03:53 PM   #16
Tickla
Mouseketeer

Well, THANK YOU everyone for your help. It sounds like I should keep my plans & not worry! I will just have to cross my fingers that it won't be too bad.It is our tradition to go this week since my boys were tiny. My oldest just started college last week, so this trip is going to be tough on me already (he won't be with us), so didn't want to have to add extra misery. Thans again, everyone!
Tickla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #17
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickla View Post
So, anyone out there considering canceling their upcoming trip because of the free dining offer? I am seriously thinking about it. It sounds crazy, but there are so many stories of the craziness associated with it I'm becoming afraid I made my reservations back in January for Nov. 29-Dec 5, the same week we have always gone every other year since 1995. I have noticed an increase every year since about 1999 crowdwise, but it's still been ok. But now, free dining!! I have never experienced free dining, & not sure I want to. If my one & only vacation I get per year will be miserable, why go? I LOVE disney, & hate to think of canceling, but I don't want my family hating the place if it will be unbearable. HELP! What would you do?
Not sure why free dining would make it "crazy" ? This October will be our 4th free dining visit and I'm sure it will be as awesome as the previous 3 years.

We went for free dining 2 years ago the 1st week after Labor Day and it was a ghost town!! 5 minute waits for the big attractions. 1/2 empty buses. Short waits to get seated for our ADR's.

Now crazy would be to go Easter week, Thanksgiving week or Christmas/New Years week when the crowds are at capacity and they raise the food prices!

Go! It will be great.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #18
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spare+a_pair View Post
LOL - Sorry I had to laugh at this one. We are taking our DS9 out of school the week AFTER Thanksgiving to go on our trip.

After talking with our principals and teachers last year, they said if we have to miss school, this is the best time to miss. Also, DS will get the week excused if he writes journals, and does a presentation of his experiences and what he learns in EPCOT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
We are taking our kids out the week after Thanksgiving too. They get Monday off so it's only 4 days they are missing and there isn't a lot of missed work. 4 days missed school for 11 days of vacation is great. It isn't just because of free dining, though. We often travel that particular week.
Oh crap...so much for my well thought out theory!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: