Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
anonymousegirl
DIS Veteran

Any Live365 listeners? I have a question

Is Live365 like XM or Sirius radio where you pay to listen to commercial free, or limited commercial music?

I'd like to listen to Mouseworld radio but haven't a clue how to go about it.

Is it better to put the app on my Iphone and sign up through iTunes, or should I sign up via my laptop?
1973 Disneyland Hotel;1985 WDW Grosvenor; 1988 same;1994 off-site; 1997 off-site; July 2008 POR; December 2008 Pop Century; January 2009 Contemporary, BCV; March 2009 Pop Century; May 2009 Grand California at DLR; September 2009 SSR; December 2009 Pop; May 2010 DL off site; July 2010 Disneyland Hotel; October 2010 Disneyland Hotel; January 2011 Saratoga Springs;May 2011 Disneyland off-site; October 2011 AKV Kidani; DLR OMDD Leap Day 2012; June 2012 BCV/Vero Beach; September 2012 All Star Sports; December 2012 Grand Floridian; DLR off site February 2013;DLR off site for Long Lost Friends week April 2013;DLR Paradise Pier Hotel July 2013; DLR off site November 2013;Aulani DVC January 2014; WDW OKW May 2014; WDW October 2014
anonymousegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
pilgrimr
Mouseketeer

Live365

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousegirl View Post
Is Live365 like XM or Sirius radio where you pay to listen to commercial free, or limited commercial music?

I'd like to listen to Mouseworld radio but haven't a clue how to go about it.

Is it better to put the app on my Iphone and sign up through iTunes, or should I sign up via my laptop?
I am not familiar w/ XM or Sirius radio, but you do pay to listen to the stations on live 365 and they have many Disney Stations like the Dis Radio and Mouseworld. Now you can listen to both by just going directly to there websites. Also mouseworld radio does have have an iphone/itouch app that allows you to listen to it w/out Live365 that can be found on itunes. Live 365 has apps that you also download via itune or you can downloand on to your PC that keeps your preset stations. You can have it on both.
pilgrimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
GenieCat
DIS Veteran

Many stations on Live365 are free if you don't mind listening to ads every 10-15 minutes.

Go to http://www.live365.com, and log in or sign up. On the "Home" tab, click on the word "Advanced" next to the "Find Stations That Play" Search box.

Enter Disney in the "Artist / Track / CD" search box.
Under "Limited to", click the drop down box which is defaulted to "Free and VIP Stations. Choose "Free Stations Only" Click the Green "Find Stations" button.

Dis Radio and MouseWorld will be on the first page of results. Click on the black arrow inside the yellow circle next to the name of the station. You may have to temporarily disable your pop up blocker.

Turn up your speakers and sing along!

"It's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day..."

"When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight."
GenieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:42 PM   #4
Minnie Lor
I feel that same comaraderie

I listen to Live365 on my laptop most of the day when I'm not listening to a podcast. I didn't join but the ad's don't bother me. I listen to Sorcerer Radio, Dis Radio, and Mouse World.

Oct '99: CSR via SOG ~ May '02: CR via SOG ~ Nov '04: SOG ~ May '06: SOG ~ Dec '07: Pop for MouseFest ~ May '08: Pop w/friends ~
Oct '08: SOG ~ Dec '09: Pop for DIS-A-Palooza ~ Sep '10: Solo @ Pop ~ May '11: AKV for 15th Anniversary ~ Mar '13: Tokyo Disney
Minnie Lor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #5
Castaway Dave
"Earthlings have the worst sense of direction!"

There are a lot of Disney Music stations out there which are virtually commercial free. Check out:
Disney Tunes Radio Network: www.dtuneslive.com
VF Radio: www.visionsfantastic.com
ImaginEaring Radio: www.imaginearing.com
LaughingPlace Radio: www.laughingplace.com/radio
Utilidors Audio Broadcasting: www.uabmagic.com
Le Squeak Radio - Disneyland Paris: www.lesqueakradio.com/

I listen to all them on Winamp which is a free media player download.
Castaway Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: