Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Pyro2008
Mouseketeer

Universal Express VIP Pass - October?

We are going to Universal Orlando in October (10th-18th) and wanted to purchase this on conjunction with our 2-Park Unlimited Admission Ticket. However, I noticed tat the VIP Pass expires at the end of this month.

My question is, do they regularly offer this or something similar to this offer each month?

If so, do they generally update their offers each month at the beginning of the month or does it consistently change throughout the month?

Thanks!
Pyro2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

The VIP Express tickets include the park admission and since you already have your park tickets, this would not be a good deal for you. You will most likely not even need Express in October. If you want Express and you're not staying onsite, I would wait until you arrive to purchase the Express passes.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
Pyro2008
Mouseketeer

Ah, thanks for pointing that out to me about the admission.

Still though, the price was worth it to me with the idea of just having unlimited uses of the express pass per park.

Every October that we have gone, the lines haven't been extremely long (like in mid summer) but they are still long enough so that we wish to have an express pass.

Basically, what I am looking for is an express pass that has unlimited uses whether you buy it by a single day or consecutive days.

In either case, I don't know if it's possible but maybe I can get a refund for the tickets I just purchased online. That is, if they had another VIP Pass like that again.

So, back to the original question, do the do that often/once a month?

Edit: Also, besides staying at the official 3 Universal hotels, do any other hotels off the free express pass for as long as you stay? I know some hotels out there offer the Disney perks (magic hours) even though they arent officially part of it all.

Last edited by Pyro2008; 08-27-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Pyro2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro2008 View Post
Ah, thanks for pointing that out to me about the admission.

Still though, the price was worth it to me with the idea of just having unlimited uses of the express pass per park.

Every October that we have gone, the lines haven't been extremely long (like in mid summer) but they are still long enough so that we wish to have an express pass.

Basically, what I am looking for is an express pass that has unlimited uses whether you buy it by a single day or consecutive days.

In either case, I don't know if it's possible but maybe I can get a refund for the tickets I just purchased online. That is, if they had another VIP Pass like that again.

So, back to the original question, do the do that often/once a month?

Edit: Also, besides staying at the official 3 Universal hotels, do any other hotels off the free express pass for as long as you stay? I know some hotels out there offer the Disney perks (magic hours) even though they arent officially part of it all.
As far as I know, Universal always offers the VIP passes...not just this month. No other hotels offer unlimited Express...just the three onsites. The only ways to get unlimited Express is either stay onsite or purchase the VIP tickets.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: