Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #136
Alex2kMommy
I'm going a little nutso myself (and Disney says I'm Goofy)and I dumped gracelessly butt-first into the pool
Who puts a hickey on an eyelid, for cryin' out loud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffney09 View Post
I'll be traveling with two 14y.o. so I've been trying to think of some activities to keep them occupied for the 13-14 hr. drive from WV. I have this idea in mind, but still not quite sure of how to do it, so I'll try to explain my idea...
I want to make my own activity book for them, full of Disney related things, maybe even throw in some Disney trivia. And at the end of the trip, give them some sort of reward for answering the trivia, completing the puzzles, etc. (such as a Disney gift card, a refillable mug for the week...) I don't really want to include disney coloring books b/c I'm afraid they may think it's a bit childish. So I'm going to find some different trivia, some car games, maybe design some special pages for them to use for Character autographs, etc. and bind them into my own activity book/ mini album. I hope this is making some sort of sense If anyone has any other ideas to add to this, that would be great! Thanks!
Megan
I love the Discovery Education website's Puzzlemaker. You can make puzzles of all different kinds, filling in words/definitions etc. yourself, and it shapes your information into a puzzle. You can make them as hard and/or complex as you want.

http://puzzlemaker.discoveryeducation.com/

Also the WDW trivia questions from the mouseforless website are fun:

http://www.mouseforless.com/download...eyTrivia.shtml

graphic design by eatmypixiedust
Alex2kMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:32 AM   #137
ilike2decor8
Earning My Ears

wow, what a wealth of info. Can't wait to make up some activity books for my girls-thanks everyone !
ilike2decor8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #138
broberts
Mouseketeer

Wow this is awesome so much stuff on this site. I think I found one of my new favorite web sites.
broberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #139
sleepingbeautyalways
Earning My Ears

Great ideas! Thanks!
sleepingbeautyalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #140
sleepingbeautyalways
Earning My Ears

Great idea.Thanks
sleepingbeautyalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #141
jkie26
Earning My Ears

thanks for all the links. i'm looking for disney pumpkin carving stencils...any ideas?
jkie26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:31 PM   #142
Alex2kMommy
I'm going a little nutso myself (and Disney says I'm Goofy)and I dumped gracelessly butt-first into the pool
Who puts a hickey on an eyelid, for cryin' out loud?

Here are some freebies:
http://www.huggieshappybaby.com/tool...nockcheck=true

graphic design by eatmypixiedust
Alex2kMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 03:33 PM   #143
disneyfantasy
Earning My Ears

I'm going in September.
disneyfantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:36 PM   #144
gaffney09
Mouseketeer

So I've finally started on making this activity book for two 14 yr olds for the looong drive from OH to FL! Since I love to scrapbook, I used a lot of Disney themed papers, stickers, etc. Here's what I've got (and feel free to add suggestions!): On the cover, I'm going to customize it by saying something like "Our Year of a Million Dreams 2008". Page 1 is a little letter to them about the book, and how exciting this trip is! Pages 2-3 I wrote down our itinerary for the entire week (including which parks are what days, dining reservations, extra possible activities, etc). Page 4 I found some fun facts about Disney World and wrote them out (gives them something to read on the way down!) Page 5 is titled "I'm all Ears" with a big picture of mouse ears- on this page I listed several disney movie quotes and they had to name which movie it was from (some are considerably harder than others!) Pages 6-7 is full of WDW trivia that I found online. I also listed some prizes they could earn if they answered a certain amount correctly (ie- 1 snack of their choice, a refillable souvenir mug, a $15 gift card, etc) Page 8 is a Road Trip scavenger hunt and I just thought of maybe 30 random things to find on the drive down. Then the next several Pages will be a WDW scavenger hunt (with the help of the book Passporter's Treasure Hunts) and basically just kinda picked out different clues (probably around 150) for each park and resort. I'm also going to have prizes for finding a certain amount of those as well! Then at the end I'm going to have a page of favorites- their fav. park, restaurant, resort, attraction, etc. I also might throw in some blank pages for character autographs too. I want this little book to be something they can keep and look back on for years to come! Any thing else I could add?
December 2010- Christmas at Fort Wilderness Cabins with the family- Free Dining!
October 2011- tentative trip to BC or YC for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

gaffney09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:06 PM   #145
lubbockfolks
traveling with grandkids

thanks for ideas

We will be traveling with our five grandchildren about 8 hours in the car one way. The activity books and pages of ideas will be lifesavers! Thanks!
lubbockfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #146
TroyE
Mouseketeer

We are traveling about 12 hours one way with 3 kids in the car. This will help us to keep them occupied.

TroyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:51 AM   #147
bookworms
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the tips. We made a book for our kids the first time we went and the teachers & principal were so impressed they excused our kids even though they weren't supposed to. They said they probably learned more than they would have in school
bookworms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #148
mort0203
Earning My Ears

Great Stuff!

We are going in a few weeks and I am always looking for things to keep the kids occupied during long trips. These are great, and as a teacher I would even excuse my kids!!!

1985: Me, offsite
1990something: Husand, offsite
2008 1st Family Visit -Christmas/New Year's, offiste
mort0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #149
mrieber
Earning My Ears

wow thanks
mrieber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #150
mrieber
Earning My Ears

this might actually make flying with a 2 year old fun!
mrieber is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: