Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #106
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrank9504 View Post
Its just a meal, cant you do a quick service restaurant somewhere else in the World Showcase?? I dunno, maybe its just me, but I'm not all about eating in Disney. Yes I have ADRs made, but if we had to cancel or they cancel for us if not a big problem. At least they called you ahead of time instead of telling you at check in day of. Now you have time to either find something else or QS it. Look at the glass half full. Have a fun trip. Relax.
I think if they're on the DDP then it would be more of a problem.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:49 AM   #107
Mrs.Toad
The poster formerly known as AnaheimGirl
A frequent eye-roller and one who has also, um, danced in a cage
Likes to catch the early edition of Poo Watch in the morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyscool View Post
I asked about switching TE out for another night the week were there and she said its over-booked FOR 30 DAYS!!!
Anyone know what 30 days? We have an ADR there for dinner October 9. Looks like most cancelled here are in September. Is it just September that got overbooked, or have they just not gotten around to calling us October people yet?

I'm sorry this happened to all of you. If it happens to us, dh and the kids will be so bummed, they are the ones who really wanted this ADR. Sure, we have these kinds of restaurants at home, and they serve more food for less money, but still, we haven't tried Teppan Edo before and really wanted to this trip!
Mrs.Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #108
CindyCharming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
They really need to find something different to offer people. I heard they aren't swapping out CS credits for TS this year. But maybe that, or maybe a Disney gift card in its place. At least give people an option that doesn't include further crowding the other restaurants.
I wonder if the CS to TS thing will change in the next few weeks. I was trying to rearrange a few of our ADRs for the end of September and having a really hard time. Even the over-flow restaurants like Diamond Horseshoe and Tomorrowland Terrace are unavailable. Then you know there are a ton of people coming down that have no idea about ADRs and create a whole other mess.

Honestly, I'm considering trading in a good chunk of our TS for CS just to avoid the chaos. I don't even mind if it's straight TS to CS instead of the extra incentives they've offered the past couple years.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #109
Mickeyfollowers
DVC MEMBER SINCE 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyMarigold View Post
I can't believe all the people who expect Disney to break the law just for them. You do realize that when there is a surprise fire inspection (not if, but when), the restaurant will be fined and/or shut down, right? And then you'll either complain that the prices went up or that the restaurant is closed?

It's particularly ironic that people *both* complain about how crowded the restaurants are and how long the waits are, and *also* expect Disney to cram in more people just for them.
I don't know if this is directed at me also. I was just saying what was told to me after asking if he could sit in my lap. I thought is was just a issue of that the table only sit 8. Once CM told me is was a fire hazard I understood that and didn't push the issue any futher and picked another day.

Mickeyfollowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #110
daleswife
DIS Veteran

wonderful. I have teppan edo in september. I havent gotten a call yet, but I reserved over the phone with a real person, so maybe that helped.....sorry this happened to you guys!!!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #111
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker and Fairly Good Sailing Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFrank9504 View Post
Its just a meal . . . Yes I have ADRs made, but if we had to cancel or they cancel for us if not a big problem . . . Look at the glass half full . . .
1) OK, be disappointed, but, as said, it is just a meal.
2) I am sure there is another place to eat.
3) And, it isn't going to wreck a vacation.
4) If it does, then making rescheduling the vacation is the option.

NOTE: I critisize WDW when waranted, and do the same for guests. There was obviuously a glitch somewhere. So, go-with-the-flow and just eat elswhere. It really isn't that important.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #112
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

DH wanted to eat there on Aug 15...for 2 days (last minute trip) I called all day, went online and did just about everything to try and get a ressie for any time....no luck they were booked solid.

The morning of Aug 15 I called again, nothing, I went online, nothing.

We walked up to the podium at 11:30 and the CM said no openings and sent us on our way.

DH was not backing down so he went back to podium at noon when they opened and guess when? They sat us right then and there.

Try walking up when the place opens, you may luck out like we did.
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #113
francie57
DIS Veteran

My question/worry would be if they have overbooked TE and are trying to put all the people into other restaurants where are they getting the extra tables at these places. If people have tried to make ADRS at Ohana for free dining and they are all booked up how are the CMs now able to get overbooked people in there. They could be creating long waits at other restaurants - in Epcot or not.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #114
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

It's Disney "Magic"......... They're getting them the same place they get them when VIPs come into town with no ADR's. I think folks all over Disney are going to have a little longer wait for tables this September........
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:23 PM   #115
palavra
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Eat off-site... problem solved!!

Oh wait, you're all on free dining.

Getting ressies shouldn't be a challenge, I can't believe everyone is OK with this situation.
I'm not sure "o.k." is quite what most people are, but really, what can be done? Whether it is machine or human error, things happen. While i hope Disney will do all they can to accommodate the ones affected, there is just no such things as perfection, even at Disney
Old 08-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #116
mickey2000
Pin trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by francie57 View Post
My question/worry would be if they have overbooked TE and are trying to put all the people into other restaurants where are they getting the extra tables at these places. If people have tried to make ADRS at Ohana for free dining and they are all booked up how are the CMs now able to get overbooked people in there. They could be creating long waits at other restaurants - in Epcot or not.
Guess my vacation will turn into waiting to eat
Sort of like cattle .....

Old 08-28-2009, 05:00 PM   #117
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

well, I called Disney back this afternoon but had to leave a message. They returned my phone call a short time ago and left me a message saying that my ADR at Teppan Edo is just fine now, and will not be affected in any way . She did say that they had a problem with the restaurant being overbooked, but that it had been corrected and there will be no changes to my ADR on the 28th. Yay!
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon
*8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 MarathonGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #118
jettyspagetti
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mis099dlm View Post
A similar situation happened with Teppen Edo in 9/2007 (maybe 2006?). Teppen Edo's refurbishment took longer than expected so those with reservations scheduled about a month after the refurb was to be completed were left without someplace to dine. About a month before your reservation, Dining called to let you know about the problem and re-book you someplace else. Dining was able to do an 'override' and book us into restaurants that were booked solid, LeCelier, Coral Reef, you name it. We took LeCelier. The kicker was they included Illuminations Priority Viewing for your trouble. This was back in the days of WDW customer service so most folks took it pretty well.

Have you tried to re-book? A glitch is a glitch. I'd take a ressy someplace else rather than face a potential 2+ hour wait. However, if they leave you high and dry with few options, that would be REALLY crummie. Good Luck.
We had ADRs for Teppan in 9/2007. When renovations went longer than expected we got the call and were offered Le Cellier and Illuminations Priority Viewing. It was the only choice given us. While we were waiting for our table we spoke with a few other guests and of them had been bumped from teppan. That was approx. 30 diners. So the other restaurants can handle the overflow. Our service and food were spectacular. You could tell they were making an effort to turn tables over faster but I really didn;t want to linger over dinner when there was so much else to do!

This year we have ADRs for Teppan on Sept 16th. I really hope they don't cancel us since its a dinner with my newly wed sis and we are having a celebrations cake and its the only place she requested for dinner. If they do call I will be ready to politely ask for some priority viewing tickets

Reunion/Birthday trip December 2013
Reunion Trip September 2011 POFQ
Valentine's/Farewell to Toon Town Trip 2/2011 CBR
Family Sanity Trip 2/2010 POFQ
First Family Disney Trip 9/2007 CBR
BBW Leadership Disney Swan 9/2004
12+ day trips 90s and 80s
jettyspagetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #119
Disneyliscious
DIS Veteran

Are you kidding me? A support group?? Its dinner....not death.
Disneyliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #120
Chevyscool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Toad View Post
Anyone know what 30 days? We have an ADR there for dinner October 9. Looks like most cancelled here are in September. Is it just September that got overbooked, or have they just not gotten around to calling us October people yet?

I'm sorry this happened to all of you. If it happens to us, dh and the kids will be so bummed, they are the ones who really wanted this ADR. Sure, we have these kinds of restaurants at home, and they serve more food for less money, but still, we haven't tried Teppan Edo before and really wanted to this trip!
I'm not sure what the exact dates were for the 30 period, but our ADR was on 9/28 and I mentioned about swapping our Coral Reef ADR for later that week (10/2) for TE then, and she said that wouldn't work because the computer glitch was for 30 days. Don't know if that helps or not, but that's what the CM told me when she called yesterday.

I do have good news though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post
well, I called Disney back this afternoon but had to leave a message. They returned my phone call a short time ago and left me a message saying that my ADR at Teppan Edo is just fine now, and will not be affected in any way . She did say that they had a problem with the restaurant being overbooked, but that it had been corrected and there will be no changes to my ADR on the 28th. Yay!
Me too! I told the CM yesterday that I would have to get back with her on what we wanted to do because, for one, I was shopping when she called on my cell, and two, we were a party of 6 and I had to see what everyone else in our party wanted to do before I made a decision. So I called the special number this morning, like you, got a recording, left our info and then this afternoon another CM called back and said they moved enough people and we could keep our TE ressie!!! I love it when my procrastination ends up working to my advantage.

Chevyscool is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: