Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #76
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by may_baby06 View Post
im kind of waiting for a phone call for the same reason. We have an ADR for teppan edo on Sept. 29 for 7 people. I'm trying to figure out what other options we have since i have been hearing a lot about this. Trying to prepare myself just in case.
I think it's a good idea for your Teppen fams to get a backup plan together. I'm so sorry this is happening to you guys.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #77
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

It sounds like there will be a lot of cancellations, and a need for a support group thread here on the Dis. I combined the two threads that we had on the first page and am going to adjust the title slightly so those looking for support know to come here.

Sorry to everyone who is getting bumped, that just sucks.
Tricia1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2009, 10:21 PM   #78
connie1042
DIS Veteran

I am hoping that all of our ADR's are okay. I booked Fultons Crab House on line, then had an issue, so wrote a letter. The manager called me and said he was sorry and when were we coming. So I think to myself, why would he ask that ? apparently if you book with Disney on line, they can not see it on their reservation system. So now I am thinking. Okay, then where does these reservations go if you book them with Disney? I still don't have an answer, so I guess we will just have to see when we get there. I do have all my reservation numbers written down, so that they can be carried with me. Only time will tell!
connie1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #79
Chevyscool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
It sounds like there will be a lot of cancellations, and a need for a support group thread here on the Dis. I combined the two threads that we had on the first page and am going to adjust the title slightly so those looking for support know to come here.

Sorry to everyone who is getting bumped, that just sucks.
Thanks Tricia!

Chevyscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:40 PM   #80
cepmom
Mine are painted too
My kids call me a "trash picker"
Who wouldn't choose Chachi over a skunk?
I hate finding burning butts in my mulch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyscool View Post
So I'm out shopping (ironically for some things for our trip in 4 weeks) and I see a number on my cell with a (407) area code. I think to myself, "hey that's the Disney area code", so I answer it. Well, it's a CM from Disney Dining regarding Teppan Edo. She said it was over-booked by 1,000 people!!!

She gave me a couple of options...we could keep our ADR (which is Sept. 28th @ 7:50pm), but the expected wait is already backed up by 4 HOURS!!! Or she said they could make us another ADR anywhere but Le Cellier for that night. I asked about switching TE out for another night the week were there and she said its over-booked FOR 30 DAYS!!!

Since I was out, and my kids were going crazy in the store (naturally since I was on the phone), I told her I would have to think about what we wanted to do. We wanted TE, that's why I made that ADR 90 days out for that night, but I have two small kids that aren't going to wait 4 hours past our ADR time to eat...that's just not an option. Any ideas on what to do now?
I was out tonight with the kids and DH got the phone call about our reservation on 9/28 at 6:50 (party of 4) which of course is for Teppan EdoHe took a message and told them I'd call them tomorrow. Now I know what they are calling about

I also made my ressie exactly 90 days out, 7:00 AM...how annoying. Well, I guess I better think about where else we would liek to eat that night....
*lots of offsite trips growing up**3/1995 offsite**11/2002 Wilderness Lodge**8/2005 Polynesian~4 night DCL~Royal Pacific**8/2006 10th anniversary 3 night DCL**1/2007 SURPRISE 7 night Western DCL**2/2007 Caribbean Beach~Nationals Competition**8/2007 Girls Only Trip~Pop Century**8/2008 Port Orleans Riverside**12/2008 DH's Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century**9/2009 My Big 4-0 Birthday Celebration~Pop Century* *8/2010 California and Disneyland!*5/2011 Beach Club**6/2012 Coronado Springs mother/daughter graduation trip **8/2012 POFQ* 1/2014 Disney Marathon Weekend Old Key West*
2/2014 Princess 1/2 Marathon with DD
**Coming Up**8/2014 Disneyland 1/2 Marathon with DDGoing Coast to Coast
cepmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:04 PM   #81
Chevyscool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepmom View Post

I also made my ressie exactly 90 days out, 7:00 AM...how annoying. Well, I guess I better think about where else we would liek to eat that night....
I know...I'm a total planner and this throws the night off for me.

Oh well, the only problem is that were eating another night in Epcot later in the week, so there's really not any other restaurants we would want to do (that were not already doing on the other day). Perhaps will just eat at the F&W booths and save the credit, but were on DxDDP...already a lot of credits. Maybe we'll eat outside of Epcot, but again that messes up our plans.

Oh, well. On to planning "Plan B".

Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #82
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

We were there last week and their system had totally dropped our ADR, I even had the ressie # with me. So, they made a quick phone call or two and then came up with a table for us. We were a family of 4, we were seated with a family of 5 (so they can accomodate 9 at a table). The only problem was the family we sat with had a 2 or 3 yr. old child who was in dire need of a nap, and cried thru the major portion of the meal, finally someone from one of the other tables in our room asked the CM who was waiting on their table if they could do anything. I don't know what she said to the family, but mom & dad took turns eating, while the other took the child out side. She was clearly over stimulated and was on over load heading to the meltdown.

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
mom2taylorandemily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #83
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what date the overbook starts? I have ressie for the 9/17 and am wondering if I should be proactive and just call...

I am really sorry that so many people are having this happen... Really throws a monkey wrench into plans...
oregonmommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:30 PM   #84
KPeterso
Mouseketeer

Location: Southern CA - very close to the original, Disneyland!

We have a ressie for 2 on 9/28 at 5:20 PM. Disney will be in for a fight with me if they call to cancel. It is always a must do, a family favorite. We will not be giving up that ressie. I booked it in my plus 10 days. I tried 3 AM (gotta love being west coast time), but online was not working for plus 10 yet for DVC members, so I called at 4 AM my time. Not a great way to start my day. We will be dining there on 9/28. There are no options Disney can offer to get me to change my mind.

1985-1993 Disneyland Spring Break every year, 10/02 - All Star Sports, 9/03 - Disneyland - Fairfield Anaheim, 9/04 - Pop Century - Survived my first hurricane (Jeanne), 10/04 - Disneyland - Days Inn, 9/05 - OKW/AKL, 9/06 WL 9/07 VWL - First trip home, 9/08 AKV/Poly, 2/09 AKL, 9/09 BCV/BLT

September 2010 - AKV Kidani/Poly
Next visit to Disneyland, anytime I want! I love my AP!
KPeterso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #85
wdwiala
DIS Veteran

So, as I see it, this creates an issue for everyone else. These 1,000 ressies for Teppan Edo are being given "top priority" reservations at other restraunts. Does that mean that everywhere else will be double booked now as a result? Just what I want, hour long waits to get into dinner because the system goofed up.

I know that many people feel like Disney owes them something for this goof up. Still, promising reservations at almost any restraunt (including those that were previously "booked up") will cause many torked off hungry people. First free dining crowd worries and now potential double bookings everywhere. Now, I'm getting concerned.
wdwiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #86
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

hmm...i just looked online and my TE ressie for 9/28 for 4 people is still confirmed. I'll have to keep an eye out for the disney phone number Sucks that this is happening to everyone!
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #87
Chevyscool
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
hmm...i just looked online and my TE ressie for 9/28 for 4 people is still confirmed. I'll have to keep an eye out for the disney phone number Sucks that this is happening to everyone!
Mine still says it's confirmed too...but I got the phone call.

Funny thing, I thought about you today. I saw we had similiar dining ressies and are eating at a lot of the same restaurants around the same times...I wondered if you had gotten a call...here's hoping you won't! It's a pain to re-work your plans you spent months preparing!

Still haven't decided what were gonna do...decisions, decisions!

Old 08-28-2009, 12:29 AM   #88
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyscool View Post
Mine still says it's confirmed too...but I got the phone call.

Funny thing, I thought about you today. I saw we had similiar dining ressies and are eating at a lot of the same restaurants around the same times...I wondered if you had gotten a call...here's hoping you won't! It's a pain to re-work your plans you spent months preparing!

Still haven't decided what were gonna do...decisions, decisions!
crossing my fingers and if you see me in the parks come say hi
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:36 AM   #89
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

My res for TE is not until November. I hope the same thing doesn't happen then. Though if it does you can bet if they try to bump me I'll be getting more than a lateral move to another restaurant in Epcot with no if, ands or buts.

I know mistakes can happen and I won't freak out or throw blame around. I will politely let them know what is acceptable to me and we'll go from there. Nothing unreasonable. I don't expect a free trip or 10 day tickets. I am talking a move up to a 2TS (signature) or complimentary bottle of wine where I end up. Something along those lines.

Last edited by Mysteria; 08-28-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Mysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:43 AM   #90
francie57
DIS Veteran

I'm now wondering, after reading all these posts, if they tried to call to change our reservation for our ADR on the 20th. I had several calls from a 407 number that I never answered. My first thought was that it was a Disney area code but why would they be calling since I had all my paperwork for the resort. We had a 12:30 ADR and were seated about 10 min. later. There was a large crowd waiting when we came out so they may have had a back-up at that point. Makes you wonder what is going on. Can they not figure out how to coordinate the on-line ADRS with the call-ins. It seem inconceivable that they will over book by 1000 and not know that it is happening. Something has really got to change. What will happen now that they are going back to 180 days - will they now over book by 2000 since they have double the time!!
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: