Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #46
marymac123
DIS Veteran

We have Teppan Edo for 3 on 9/2-I think I got that one online.?. And, I had 2 missed calls today from Fl. with unknown #'s-no messages though. Are we next?

marymac123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:05 PM   #47
Betzee
Mouseketeer

Oh no, I've got a ressie for 8 for 9/29 at 7:30pm. Now, I'm panicky!

I booked it on my 90 day, first think in AM and have been trying to change it to an earlier time every day since...guess I now know why I haven't been able to get anything else, LOL!

This was pretty much our only "grown up" meal, so I really hope it doesn't get cancelled on us...wishing for pixie dust!

July 1975 -- Trip with Parents
May 1995 -- CBR with my Sister
February 2008 -- First Family Trip at POR
Sept 2009 -- Grand Gathering with Family at CBR
February 2013 -- Family Trip at CSR
Betzee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #48
darlak
By the way, if my children ever see this, I'll deny writing it
I think that may just be one of those things southern girls are born knowing how to cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0630 View Post
Ha, see you there. I have an ADR for Teppan Edo for 6 also on 9/30.
I haven't gotten a call yet. How about you?
darlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #49
Mickeyfollowers
DVC MEMBER SINCE 2004

This past Jan when I tried to make ressies at H&V for a party of 9 (two in highchairs) CM told me all they had left for the day I wanted it was for a table of 8, I told them I could sit my then 14 mt old on my lap. Said I couldn't do it because it would be over the restaurant capacity and against fire code.

Mickeyfollowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:18 PM   #50
ga9497
DIS Veteran

I think blaming it on the new online dining system is a cop out.

I can't remember off the top of my head if it was 2008 or 2007 but the same thing happen. Teppan Edo was overbooked and they were calling people to change their ADR's. The online dining system wasn't around then.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #51
mkleinbe
DIS Veteran

Does it seem like it's just this restaurant that's having the issue? I dare them to try to cancel my CRT ressies...
Old 08-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #52
Calgary DISHeads
DIS Veteran

I'm guessing right or wrongly that they are calling most of the people who are booked for the day and telling them all that they overbooked and playing the old "you'll wait for five hours if you insist on keeping your ADR" whittling down until all they have left is the right amount of people for the day. I think if you insist on keeping your ADR they will go to the next name on the list. However - if I could get bumped to a 2TS restaurant using only one credit I think I could be persuaded to shift

AKL/Portofino Bay CL - Christmas 2009
Poly/Beach Club - Christmas 2007
POP/Hard Rock CL-Oct 2006
CBR - Jan 2003
Disneyland - Jan 1999, AllSS Sept 1996
Disneyland - Sept 1991, Camping at DW 1976

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/362dhz1q6jullmo0.png[/img]
Calgary DISHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #53
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Eat off-site... problem solved!!

Oh wait, you're all on free dining.

Getting ressies shouldn't be a challenge, I can't believe everyone is OK with this situation.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #54
LorilieMarie
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfollowers View Post
This past Jan when I tried to make ressies at H&V for a party of 9 (two in highchairs) CM told me all they had left for the day I wanted it was for a table of 8, I told them I could sit my then 14 mt old on my lap. Said I couldn't do it because it would be over the restaurant capacity and against fire code.
Yep, that's their programed response. I got the same exact statement when trying to add one person on. It's funny how they are EXACTLY at capacity. I guess they can't call in extra people to work on those days then, building will be over the capacity.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
LorilieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #55
TillyMarigold
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorilieMarie View Post
Yep, that's their programed response. I got the same exact statement when trying to add one person on. It's funny how they are EXACTLY at capacity. I guess they can't call in extra people to work on those days then, building will be over the capacity.
I can't believe all the people who expect Disney to break the law just for them. You do realize that when there is a surprise fire inspection (not if, but when), the restaurant will be fined and/or shut down, right? And then you'll either complain that the prices went up or that the restaurant is closed?

It's particularly ironic that people *both* complain about how crowded the restaurants are and how long the waits are, and *also* expect Disney to cram in more people just for them.
TillyMarigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #56
LorilieMarie
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Eat off-site... problem solved!!

Oh wait, you're all on free dining.

Getting ressies shouldn't be a challenge, I can't believe everyone is OK with this situation.

Eating off site would certainly not work for me. It takes long enough to eat on site, let alone walk 10 miles to your car,then drive to an unknown city, then wait for a table there, eat, then drive back to the huge parking lot, and then walk back to where you left off in the park. A lot of us fly in and don't want to rent a rental car or pay a taxi just to eat. Plus, leaving the World destroys the magic for me.

I got all my ressies with no problem - It seems like this problem is with this one restaurant. It would NOT be ok with me . . .I would have put up a huge fight when they called unless I just made them that day.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
LorilieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #57
CindyCharming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga9497 View Post
I think blaming it on the new online dining system is a cop out.

I can't remember off the top of my head if it was 2008 or 2007 but the same thing happen. Teppan Edo was overbooked and they were calling people to change their ADR's. The online dining system wasn't around then.
I'm pretty sure that was due to the Teppanyaki to Teppan Edo refurb though.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #58
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Well, they gave us the 'ol "double/triple booked" excuse in June-only we were at the restaurant for our ADR! They accomodated us, but the fist night we waited almost 2 hours for our ADR at CR. Believeing it was a fluke, I was unpleasantly suprised when the same thing happened to us the next night at Sci-Fi! So, I don't know what is worse...advance notice and getting the chance (limited, tho) of booking a new place or showing up and being told you'll wait 2 hours or more. At that point, what is the alternative? Grr. Anyway, good luck!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:39 PM   #59
JMB123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Well, they gave us the 'ol "double/triple booked" excuse in June-only we were at the restaurant for our ADR! They accomodated us, but the fist night we waited almost 2 hours for our ADR at CR. Believeing it was a fluke, I was unpleasantly suprised when the same thing happened to us the next night at Sci-Fi! So, I don't know what is worse...advance notice and getting the chance (limited, tho) of booking a new place or showing up and being told you'll wait 2 hours or more. At that point, what is the alternative? Grr. Anyway, good luck!
I would much rather have the advance notice than waiting 2 hours for an ADR, especially with young kids. I can't imagine how bad that would be!
JMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #60
jrc-elpaso
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
ah....the fire code answer....we have had that one too....trying to seat a party of 4 with baby on lap...no firecode says that is a party of 5...your wait is longer
If you look on the wall of most restaurants you will see a "maximum seating capacity" - that means the number of people, not the number of people sitting on chairs. The restaurant is not supposed to exceed that capacity and can probably be fined by the fire marshall if they do.
jrc-elpaso is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: