Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #31
MarkinNM
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkers*momma View Post
Good Luck! I truely believe Disney dropped the ball and need to step it up a notch for you. ADR's with the 90 day mark is almost an art form so when you snag one that you really want, it's ! But to have it, then lose it 3 weeks before your trip is . My questions would be:

A) Why did they call 3 weeks prior and not immediately when the ressie was made?
B) Why not call and cancel the ppl who booked last if they are overbooked?
C) If the cancelled your ressie due to size, the I would ask why they couldn't redo the seating schedule they currently have and break your group apart. 4+5 at tables.
D) If they still won't honor your ressie, I would definitely be requesting compensation....not just priority at another ressie...as most nicer TS are fully booked at this point, so the logistics of you getting into them are null also.
E) Lastly, I would be writing Disney or email Disney immediately requesting they call you BEFORE your trip.

Sorry, to me, glitch or not this just isn't right. Why cancel the larger groups and accomidate the smaller group. Just think, they bump your party of 9 yet 3 other groups who possibly booked after you didn't get bumped. It's easier for them to make one call to the larger groups than to call the smaller groups to cancel ressie.

I'm really curious if those who were canceled are all larger groups.....

This is not the issue, looks more like a "timing" issue, when resies are changed, my experience was to start from the bottom up, in other words last one to make resies.

Also PLEASE don’t call demanding anything as Disney owes nothing in this case. Unfortunately this is a very common occurrence in the resturant business, a mistake was made, sure I would be upset but this is not the end of the world, there are PLENTY of other choices, call back and see what’s open, who knows you just might like it better…………..

And NO it is not easier to cancel a larger group then a smaller party, its just as hard….
MarkinNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #32
redhead09
Mouseketeer

Also worried...

As we have just read, this is not isolated. It is definitely a systemwide problem. There was another thread, and it was some family that was told it was a 2 hour wait for the Crystal Palace ressy, due to overbooking. Now, given, this guy didn't have anything nice to say about CP, but still.....I am very nervous about free dining in September and the online ressys.
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #33
mis099dlm
Earning My Ears

Tepen Edo Bump

A similar situation happened with Teppen Edo in 9/2007 (maybe 2006?). Teppen Edo's refurbishment took longer than expected so those with reservations scheduled about a month after the refurb was to be completed were left without someplace to dine. About a month before your reservation, Dining called to let you know about the problem and re-book you someplace else. Dining was able to do an 'override' and book us into restaurants that were booked solid, LeCelier, Coral Reef, you name it. We took LeCelier. The kicker was they included Illuminations Priority Viewing for your trouble. This was back in the days of WDW customer service so most folks took it pretty well.

Have you tried to re-book? A glitch is a glitch. I'd take a ressy someplace else rather than face a potential 2+ hour wait. However, if they leave you high and dry with few options, that would be REALLY crummie. Good Luck.
mis099dlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #34
Disney-Kim

Always planning our next trip !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorilieMarie View Post
You think it should work . . . but Disney is stubborn about that. We have a party of 12 at Le Cellier, with one person wanting to join us. I called to add her on and they said no way. I told them we don't mind sqeezing together, and they said it is a fire hazard. I called 4 different times and spoke with 4 different CMs and was told the same thing every time.
ah....the fire code answer....we have had that one too....trying to seat a party of 4 with baby on lap...no firecode says that is a party of 5...your wait is longer

~ WDW Boardwalk Inn May 13 ~Disneyland GCH Sept 12 ~ Disneyland GCH Nov 2011 ~ CBR May 2010 ~Polynesian Sept 09 ~ POR May09 ~ VWL May08 ~ Polynesian May07 ~ BCV May06 ~ VWL May05 ~ VWL May04 ~ BWV May 03~ Yacht Club Concierge Sept 02 ~ Polynesian Concierge for our Honeymoon May 02 ~ Beach Club 09/01 ~ CSR, POR, POFQ, and CBR on our previous trips back to 1992~
Disney-Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:44 PM   #35
JMB123
Mouseketeer

Just an update. I've talked to 3 different people so far and each are telling me that they will overbook any restaurant I choose to get me in. However, each time I call with a choice, I am told "we can't overbook that restaurant" and when I mention that the last person told me they could overbook anywhere, I'm told "yes, anywhere but here". They did offer me Coral Reef

Now it's back to calling all of my family members to decide on a new restaurant and to call back and get a new person. Honestly, I wasn't really upset about this to begin with, but now I'm getting a bit frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good place to eat with a 1, 2, and 4 year old? It doesn't have to be Epcot...

Thanks again for all of the advice!
JMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #36
karin037
DIS Veteran

Unhappy

I just got the dreaded phone call from Disney. I booked Teppan Edo on my 90-day mark, promptly at 6am. I'm so dissapointed :-( Teppan Edo is my favorite restaurant. We have a party of 7. I was able to get Coral Reef for 10/2 at 7pm. I'm not that crazy about Coral Reef. Guess I just have to make the best of it. When I asked about my other reservations, I was told that they are ok, unless I get another phone call, she said she wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I hope I don't get any more calls.

karin037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #37
Ladybugsy
Counting the days...Will it EVER get here?
I did get some weird looks as I picked it up

Now wait just a minute here. They are cancelling Teppen Edo reservations for large parties? And then leaving you to find a new ADR? GREAT! Teppen Edo was my daughter's only choice for her birthday on 9/17. I will be heartbroken and so will she if they cancel our ressies. I wonder if I should call...

The kicker is, our phone number changed due to an issue with my internet service not being able to be fixed on the old number. Disney only has my old number. I'm afraid to change it because of my ADR's!!!
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*ºoº -
Ladybugsy-ºoº,,·´*`·.¸¸*

Trips to Pop or AKL every year since 2005.
Currently planning for FD in September 2014
Ladybugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:58 PM   #38
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karin037 View Post
I just got the dreaded phone call from Disney. I booked Teppan Edo on my 90-day mark, promptly at 6am. I'm so dissapointed :-( Teppan Edo is my favorite restaurant. We have a party of 7. I was able to get Coral Reef for 10/2 at 7pm. I'm not that crazy about Coral Reef. Guess I just have to make the best of it. When I asked about my other reservations, I was told that they are ok, unless I get another phone call, she said she wouldn't be surprised if that happened. I hope I don't get any more calls.
Well I guess there goes the theory that they cancelled the last reservations booked. If you booked right at 90 days out I find it hard to believe that too many people booked in the +10 for you to keep your ADR. That just stinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsy View Post
The kicker is, our phone number changed due to an issue with my internet service not being able to be fixed on the old number. Disney only has my old number. I'm afraid to change it because of my ADR's!!!
LOL. I think I'll turn off my answering machine so they can't leave me any messages. I don't have Teppan Edo but if they start cancelling any other restaurants, well, I might be in trouble.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #39
TillyMarigold
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
LOL. I think I'll turn off my answering machine so they can't leave me any messages. I don't have Teppan Edo but if they start cancelling any other restaurants, well, I might be in trouble.
Turning off your machine won't help you, they had to call me when Spoodles closed and my voicemail wasn't working (saw the missed call though) and then they ended up emailing me a couple days later. Sorry.

On the plus side I haven't seen any reports of other restaurants being canceled.
TillyMarigold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #40
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyMarigold View Post
Turning off your machine won't help you, they had to call me when Spoodles closed and my voicemail wasn't working (saw the missed call though) and then they ended up emailing me a couple days later. Sorry.
Darn.

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
jcemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #41
djp0630
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlak View Post
If it was just the OP who said it happened to her, I would assume it was due to her party size. However someone else mentioning it happened to them has me a bit worried too. I have an ADR for 6 at Teppan Edo on 9/30.
Ha, see you there. I have an ADR for Teppan Edo for 6 also on 9/30.

DS - 6 years old
Twins - DD & DS - 3 years old

Many trips growing up (CBR, Poly, PFQ)
Contemporary - August 2003
BLT- September 2009

BCV - May 2010
BCV - August 2012
djp0630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #42
eyeheartgoofy
DIS Veteran

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You guys are savvy disboard members. Keep squeaking and let them cancel some other poor schmucks ADR. It's not like the restaurant is closed. They overbooked and need to deal with it ...

Remember when they overbooked Pop a few years back for free dining and gave free upgrades to SSR in order to entice people away from Pop? They didn't cancel the reservations of people booked at POP, they gave them an incentive to leave. Disney needs to give you an incentive to give up your coveted ADR or they need to let you keep the ADR.

Stand strong!!!
eyeheartgoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:25 PM   #43
JMB123
Mouseketeer

Well, I just snagged an online ADR for lunch at Teppan Edo on the 21st. I was told yesterday that there wasn't a single time during the entire week that they could fit us in. I wonder if the glitch still isn't fixed and they're going to call me to cancel it again, LOL.

Good luck to everyone else who've had their reservation cancelled on them!
JMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #44
parkers*momma
**This spot reserved for something witty that I may say-like that is ever going to happen**

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeheartgoofy View Post
The squeaky wheel gets the grease. You guys are savvy disboard members. Keep squeaking and let them cancel some other poor schmucks ADR. It's not like the restaurant is closed. They overbooked and need to deal with it ...

Remember when they overbooked Pop a few years back for free dining and gave free upgrades to SSR in order to entice people away from Pop? They didn't cancel the reservations of people booked at POP, they gave them an incentive to leave. Disney needs to give you an incentive to give up your coveted ADR or they need to let you keep the ADR.

Stand strong!!!
yea what she/he said!

.......2005.......................2006............ .........2007......................2008........... ............2009........................2010......
parkers*momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #45
parkers*momma
**This spot reserved for something witty that I may say-like that is ever going to happen**

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB123 View Post
Well, I just snagged an online ADR for lunch at Teppan Edo on the 21st. I was told yesterday that there wasn't a single time during the entire week that they could fit us in. I wonder if the glitch still isn't fixed and they're going to call me to cancel it again, LOL.

Good luck to everyone else who've had their reservation cancelled on them!
HAHAHA I was just coming to post that there's alot of them available online for parties of 6-9 from 9/15-24.

So glad you got one!

.......2005.......................2006............ .........2007......................2008........... ............2009........................2010......
parkers*momma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: