Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #16
MarkinNM
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

OUCH.....................

I think this situation may more have to do with the party of 9. I thought one had to call to bok parties of 8 or more???
MarkinNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 PM   #17
parkers*momma
**This spot reserved for something witty that I may say-like that is ever going to happen**

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinNM View Post
OUCH.....................

I think this situation may more have to do with the party of 9. I thought one had to call to bok parties of 8 or more???
Online says groups of 10 or more...

.......2005.......................2006............ .........2007......................2008........... ............2009........................2010......
parkers*momma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #18
JMB123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkers*momma View Post
I don't know if this will help but if you really want it...there's room on the 17th. I noticed our dates are the same time.

there's a 12:10, 1:20, 3:10 all for 10 ppl (i put 10 in for the heck of it). Maybe you could book two ressies-one under your name and one under someone else's name. You won't get to set at the same table but at least get to eat there.
Thanks, that's great to know! My brother an his family aren't arriving until the 19th, and they're the ones who really want to go, but we may just have to go without them! It seems like the week of the 19th will be a lot busier because I had a lot more success with my ADRs on the 16th - 19th than the rest of the week.

ETA: Bummer, can't do the 17th, I have HDDR and O'hana's that day. It's funny, I got both of those reservations in the past couple of weeks; they just suddenly popped up. Where is everyone going to be on the 17th?!?! LOL
JMB123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #19
maltdisney
Mouseketeer

That's just not good enough. I'd be calling them back to either -

1/ Reinstate the ADR / find someone else to kick off or

2/ Offer me an incentive to eat somewhere else for same date / time within Epcot

2013 - Carribean Beach Resort
2013 - Pop Century
2011 - Wilderness Lodge
2010 - Grand Floridian
2009 - Wilderness Lodge
2008 - Wilderness Lodge
2007 - Polynesian
2006 - Beach Club Villas
2005 - Honeymoon @ Wilderness Lodge
2004 - Wilderness Lodge
2004 - Port Orleans
2003 - Off property

maltdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:34 PM   #20
parkers*momma
**This spot reserved for something witty that I may say-like that is ever going to happen**

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltdisney View Post

2/ Offer me an incentive to eat somewhere else for same date / time within Epcot
That would be me...lol. I was up at 5:50am on my 90 day mark priming up the website. Those that I couldn't book online, I was on the phone at 6:55 to get those.

I would freak if that happened to me.

.......2005.......................2006............ .........2007......................2008........... ............2009........................2010......
Old 08-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #21
chipndales
bELIeve GO GIANTS!

With all the ADR's being cancelled, I just checked all mine since I made some online. It's getting like the airlines now where they can just bump people who have ressies b/c they overbooked. Insane. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you though.

1984 first trip! off site
1988 college trip! off site
2006 MNSSHP @ ASMovies
2007 MNSSHP @ offsite time share
2008 MVMCP @ offsite time share
2009 MNSSHP @ ASMovies (mother/daughter trip! )
2010 TURKEYDAY! @ ASMovies & offsite time share
2013 Spring Break! @ offsite time share
chipndales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #22
JMB123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltdisney View Post

My brother said the same thing. He was pretty mad at me for not fighting about it. The CM was very nice and told me she would give me priority in getting into any other restaurant that day; I just need to talk to my family first to find out where they want to eat. Now, if they aren't able to get me in somewhere else in Epcot around that time, I will put up a fight at that point.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:55 AM   #23
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Oh boy this thread has me worried!

Here is my story. I am going in October. I missed my 90 day mark due to emergency surgery 2 hour before my call time!!

So, I spent 3+ weeks trying to get anything for Le Cellier as I am determined to eat there in this lifetime!!

Then one day a MILLION ADR's opened up online...there was even a thread about it! I of course snagged one. But it sure makes me wonder if there was some HUGE glitch? I can't think of any other reason that soooooo many spots opened up between October 1-11 for lunch and dinner ?? Guess I will find out!

Gina
Old 08-26-2009, 01:03 AM   #24
Willow1213
DIS Veteran

I would assume that this is mostly because at Teppan Edo they only have tables of 8. I would call back and tell them specifically that really only 8 of you are eating there and you will be bringing in food for your son because of his allergy. They might just be able to scoot up an extra chair. It might work!!
May 2013 - Pop
Upcoming - Baby's First Trip! - May 2015 - CSR
Willow1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:23 AM   #25
darlak
By the way, if my children ever see this, I'll deny writing it
I think that may just be one of those things southern girls are born knowing how to cook

If it was just the OP who said it happened to her, I would assume it was due to her party size. However someone else mentioning it happened to them has me a bit worried too. I have an ADR for 6 at Teppan Edo on 9/30.
darlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #26
francie57
DIS Veteran

If they tell you its because you have 9 people that is crap. We were there on Aug. 20 and the table next to us was a table of 9. They weren't even together. They put a party of 4 and a party of 5 together. They had plenty of room at the table. I would be on the phone making them find me a reservation at Tappan Edo. It is not your fault that the on-line system is to blame for these problems. I'd be interested to see how they decide who to bump and who gets their reservation.
francie57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:43 AM   #27
JMB123
Mouseketeer

Two people in our party are even high chairs...I mentioned this, thinking it was because the tables were only for 8 and she still couldn't get us in!

You guys are making me think I should have fought harder. I'm going to call and try to get someone else to talk to. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the help!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 AM   #28
parkers*momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMB123 View Post
Two people in our party are even high chairs...I mentioned this, thinking it was because the tables were only for 8 and she still couldn't get us in!

You guys are making me think I should have fought harder. I'm going to call and try to get someone else to talk to. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for all the help!
Good Luck! I truely believe Disney dropped the ball and need to step it up a notch for you. ADR's with the 90 day mark is almost an art form so when you snag one that you really want, it's ! But to have it, then lose it 3 weeks before your trip is . My questions would be:

A) Why did they call 3 weeks prior and not immediately when the ressie was made?
B) Why not call and cancel the ppl who booked last if they are overbooked?
C) If the cancelled your ressie due to size, the I would ask why they couldn't redo the seating schedule they currently have and break your group apart. 4+5 at tables.
D) If they still won't honor your ressie, I would definitely be requesting compensation....not just priority at another ressie...as most nicer TS are fully booked at this point, so the logistics of you getting into them are null also.
E) Lastly, I would be writing Disney or email Disney immediately requesting they call you BEFORE your trip.

Sorry, to me, glitch or not this just isn't right. Why cancel the larger groups and accomidate the smaller group. Just think, they bump your party of 9 yet 3 other groups who possibly booked after you didn't get bumped. It's easier for them to make one call to the larger groups than to call the smaller groups to cancel ressie.

I'm really curious if those who were canceled are all larger groups.....

Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #29
clc053103
DIS Veteran

Two things- we ate at tepan edo last september-

1- our table had 9 people at it. I am positive. It was our party of 6, plus a party of 3 (I remember this distinctly b/c it was a couple and their young child. The father talked on the phone much of the meal, and was extremely rude to everyone).

2-our chef was downright boring, portions small, food only so-so. If you have a picky eater, the kids meals had a japanese flair- for example, they had tempura chicken but no regular chicken strips or nuggets, and were unwilling to find the regular childrens menu options for us (most places I found would find you at least an Uncrustable). So, our 3 year old ate nothing. I persnallywould not be too disappointed missing this meal! But I would definitely call back and insist they find you another option- or if part of your group wants to eat there, insist they split up your party for two meals in Epcot at the same time.

Best of luck to you- you didn't make the mistake, Disney did, they should be more willing to accomodate you in any way when it's their error.
BWV 98, 01, 08
BLT (our DVC home): 09, 10, 11, 12 (split stay w/ BCV), spring break 2013, Fall 2013, 2014
WL: 2011
AKL: 2012
OKW: 2013
DCL Dream: 2012, 2014
clc053103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #30
LorilieMarie
Addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow1213 View Post
I would assume that this is mostly because at Teppan Edo they only have tables of 8. I would call back and tell them specifically that really only 8 of you are eating there and you will be bringing in food for your son because of his allergy. They might just be able to scoot up an extra chair. It might work!!
You think it should work . . . but Disney is stubborn about that. We have a party of 12 at Le Cellier, with one person wanting to join us. I called to add her on and they said no way. I told them we don't mind sqeezing together, and they said it is a fire hazard. I called 4 different times and spoke with 4 different CMs and was told the same thing every time.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
LorilieMarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: