Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

WONDERful Cruise TR- 4 night July 26, 2009 MORE PICS THAN WRITING... TR FINISHED

I’m finally starting our TR from our July 26, 4 night WONDERful Cruise! Hope you enjoy!

Cast:

Me, Stacey, 26. I’m a third grade teacher

Ryan: Fiance at the time of the cruise! Now my DH!!!! Ryan is in his last year of medical school!

Addison: Our DD2. Addison loves being outside and swimming!

Day 1- July 26, 2009

We were all too excited to sleep the night before, even Addison. We put her to bed around 8:00 and I don’t think she fell asleep until past 11:00. Ryan and I were up until 3:30 or so. I had to finish a lot of wedding stuff before we left and pack because I tend to procrastinate. I was surprised when 6:45 rolled around and she was in our room waking us up! No need for my 7:00 alarm. She was so excited to go on the Mickey Boat! Here is Addison waiting to leave.

We finished packing the last of our things and were on the road by 8:00. We stopped at McDonald’s for breakfast and Wal Mart to pick up my book because my Wal Mart was out of stock. I wasn’t sure if I would actually have time to read it, but you never know!
Addison fell asleep in the car and as we got closer we woke her up to see the Mickey Boat.

We got to the port around 10:00 and were told the parking lot wasn’t open yet but we could pull up and unload our stuff. A guy came over to our trunk and took out our ONE suitcase and asked if that was it. Yes sir it is! My goal was to pack as light as possible and get all of our stuff in one suitcase. My dad would be proud!
While Ryan parked the car, Addison and I called my mom. I think Addison was too excited to talk and she just sat in her stroller staring at the ship.

It felt like it was taking Ryan FOREVER to park the car. I called to see if he was on his way back and when he finally arrived I was like “Great, it took you so long we’re going to get like a 4 or 5 boarding card.” I knew I wouldn’t mind if we did because I have heard the boarding process goes by fast, but still, I wanted a low number…
We went through the security check point, Addison told everyone she was going on the Mickey Boat. Her excitement made me even more excited! When we went to check in, look at what we got…

YAY!!! I got a 2. I was so excited. Check in was easy and afterward we just chilled, watched Cinderella, and took turns taking Addison to look around the terminal. During this time we got to meet the Big Cheese himself. Perfect timing if I might say, we were 2nd or 3rd in line!

After what seemed like a short wait, they started boarding. It was kind of annoying because a bunch of people with three’s and fours were blocking the way so we had to push our way through. After we finally made our way up there we walked through the Mickey Ears and I couldn’t stop smiling. We stopped for our family boarding photo and then walked across on to the most WONDERful ship ever!

Up Next: Our first magical afternoon and evening on board!

Last edited by princess22; 09-06-2009 at 10:33 PM.
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
princess22

Day 1 Part 2

As we walked across the gang plank the cast member asked us our family name and Addison’s name. Then came the most magical moment “Please welcome Princess Addison and family. Once again, I found myself grinning from ear to ear. We were finally here!!!
We went to Parrot Cay and enjoyed a delicious lunch. Addison had spaghetti and meatballs but I think she was too excited to eat. Ryan and I enjoyed our lunches and we finished it off with some ice cream. Addison picked off the marshmallows and sprinkles and left her ice cream. I decided since we are on vacation, I’m not going to be too picky about what she eats. Besides, I know my daughter, and I knew she would eat plenty of grapes and watermelon anyway!
After lunch we went to the Oceaneer’s Club to show Addison and see if she would like it in there. She is only 2 but is potty trained and goes to day care, so we thought we would giver her a trial run. She loved the slide and we couldn’t get her off.
After about 15 minutes we finally dragged her out.

We walked around deck 9 while we waited for the rooms to open.

At 1:30 we headed to our room and our suitcase arrived a couple minutes after we did. We also had our Castaway Club bag on our bed. It is now my favorite bag and I use it all the time!!

I quickly unpacked our suitcase and Ryan and Addison put on their swimwear and off to the Mickey pool we went. Addison liked the Mickey pool but I think she liked the splash zone even more!

We let her play for a while and then decided to go get ready for the lifeboat drill. Our station was in Animator’s Palate and Addison was NOT a happy camper. It was hard keeping her occupied for 20 minutes and I was glad when it was finally over.

Ryan took our life vests back to our cabin while Addison and I went to stake out a spot for the Adventure’s Away party. We went up to deck 10 and found a nice table and patiently waited for the fun to begin! We all loved the party, and I will admit, I shed a tear or two when we counted down and heard the horn. With the wonderful atmosphere and seeing the excitement in Addison’s eyes when all the characters came out, by the time the horn went off I think all of the emotions just got to me. Trust me though, this wouldn’t be the last time I cried.
You can totally tell she is already tired!!

[

After the horn we grabbed some fruit and went down to deck 4 to watch us pull out. My parents and grandparents had drove over to wave us off. Normally we go to Jetty Park to watch the cruise ships leave, but they decided to stand at the side of some other restaurant. We could barely see them, so they hopped in their car and drove down a bit further.
We stayed on deck 4 until we passed Jetty Park and made our way out to sea. It was a beautiful sight waving goodbye to the shores of Florida.

We made our way to our room and had Addison lay down and watch Donald Duck cartoons while we got ready for the show. Addison was really tired and grumpy because she hadn’t had a nap yet, so I wasn’t sure if she was going to make it through the show and dinner. However, she LOVED the show and got very excited to see some of her favorite characters. And this is where I cried for the second time, but still not the last. I loved watching her react to the show and get excited when she saw someone she knew, especially Mickey.
After the show we went to dinner at Triton’s where we met our serving team. Herbert was our server and he is Filipino so he hit it off right away with Ryan. Our assistant server was Roland and he was from India. Addison loved him because he would quack like Donald Duck every time he walked by her. She would turn around and quack back at him and then quack at Ryan and me. I also have to say that the fries that come with the kids meals are Delicious! I think I ate Addison’s every night because she didn’t eat them. I was a bad DISer and didn’t take pictures. I tried so hard to remember.

After dinner we went back to our room and found this waiting for us.

It had been a long day for all of us and Addison was exhausted since she didn’t have a nap. So, we all went to bed dreaming of our days on the Mickey Boat that were to come. Coming up: Go to Nassau or lay around the pool??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

YAY you started your TR

Addison is such a cutie! Can't wait for more!
not_Joanna_eggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #4
princess22

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
YAY you started your TR

Addison is such a cutie! Can't wait for more!
Yay!!! I have a reader!!! I'll go as fast as I can. I never realized how much work a TR is!!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 PM   #5
star2500
Mouseketeer

Subscribing

We leave Nov 29th for our 4 night Bahama Cruise We will be at the GF for 3 nights prior to the cruise....I just booked it all yesterday and I'm soooo excited.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!
star2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
princess22

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2500 View Post
Subscribing

We leave Nov 29th for our 4 night Bahama Cruise We will be at the GF for 3 nights prior to the cruise....I just booked it all yesterday and I'm soooo excited.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!
OMG! I'm so excited for you! Also a bit jealous. I think all three of us are ready to go back!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #7
LLLBelle
DIS Veteran

It sounds like so much fun. Addison is adorable! Can't wait to read more.
LLLBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #8
star2500
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
OMG! I'm so excited for you! Also a bit jealous. I think all three of us are ready to go back!!!
Thanks

This last minute trip in the sense of last minute booking a cruise is a little overwhelming but fun! I just can't imagine booking and waiting over a year for it lol. We were able to get the rooms we wanted 1 Nav. Ver. cabin and one Cat 11 cabin for teens. By the looks of your pictures you looked like you had a wonderful trip!
star2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Addison is adorable and it sure looked like she was enjoying herself!!!
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #10
princess22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLBelle View Post
It sounds like so much fun. Addison is adorable! Can't wait to read more.
Thank you! I will try to post more tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a move on this because after this part it's back over to the wedding board for my wedding and honeymoon report!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by star2500 View Post
Thanks

This last minute trip in the sense of last minute booking a cruise is a little overwhelming but fun! I just can't imagine booking and waiting over a year for it lol. We were able to get the rooms we wanted 1 Nav. Ver. cabin and one Cat 11 cabin for teens. By the looks of your pictures you looked like you had a wonderful trip!
I know what you mean about booking last minute. We booked this cruise 3 weeks before it! We left for the cruise the sunday before our wedding. So we got back the thursday and got married the Saturday. It was a crazy three weeks between the cruise and the wedding and the honeymoon but totally worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Addison is adorable and it sure looked like she was enjoying herself!!!
Thank you!!!! She had a blast! She cried when we left!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
pinkcow
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh is Addison a cutie! Can't wait to read more!
Old 08-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #12
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you! I will try to post more tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a move on this because after this part it's back over to the wedding board for my wedding and honeymoon report!!!
Umm.... yes it does... so let's get a cracking on this TR missy.... we want the wedding report

Just a question.... is that a regular inside cabin? It's ginormous! I so need to get my butt on a Disney Cruise... but DF said no more cruises until the wedding... but thats 5 months away - meanie! (I'm not addicted I swear )
not_Joanna_eggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #13
princess22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcow View Post
Oh my gosh is Addison a cutie! Can't wait to read more!
Thank you! Thanks for coming over to read!
Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
Umm.... yes it does... so let's get a cracking on this TR missy.... we want the wedding report

Just a question.... is that a regular inside cabin? It's ginormous! I so need to get my butt on a Disney Cruise... but DF said no more cruises until the wedding... but thats 5 months away - meanie! (I'm not addicted I swear )
It's okay to admit your addicted. I admit it. My name is Stacey and I'm a cruise-aholic. And I'm proud of it!

I'm dying to go on another one. My mom just booked to go on the Carnival Glory this Saturday. Darn work, or I would of gone! She got an awesome deal! Ready for another disney cruise! And YES that is the inside! IT is HUGE! Plenty of room!!!!!!

It is my goal to have the cruise part finished this weekend at the latest! I have every intention to finish soon!
Old 09-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #14
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

oh yay Stace your TR!

I love the photo of Ryan in the lifejacket...!!

Addison is such a sweetie! I bet it was the most fascinating trip ever for her!

I know what you mean when big things happen and it brings tears to your eyes... hehe! i am always doing it! It must have felt so amazing knowing she was in her element on her mickey boat! hehe!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #15
disneygirlsx3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Ryan took our life vests back to our cabin while Addison and I went to stake out a spot for the Adventure’s Away party. We went up to deck 10 and found a nice table and patiently waited for the fun to begin! We all loved the party, and I will admit, I shed a tear or two when we counted down and heard the horn. With the wonderful atmosphere and seeing the excitement in Addison’s eyes when all the characters came out, by the time the horn went off I think all of the emotions just got to me. Trust me though, this wouldn’t be the last time I cried.
We made our way to our room and had Addison lay down and watch Donald Duck cartoons while we got ready for the show. Addison was really tired and grumpy because she hadn’t had a nap yet, so I wasn’t sure if she was going to make it through the show and dinner. However, she LOVED the show and got very excited to see some of her favorite characters. And this is where I cried for the second time, but still not the last. I loved watching her react to the show and get excited when she saw someone she knew, especially Mickey.
After the show we went to dinner at Triton’s where we met our serving team. Herbert was our server and he is Filipino so he hit it off right away with Ryan. Our assistant server was Roland and he was from India. Addison loved him because he would quack like Donald Duck every time he walked by her. She would turn around and quack back at him and then quack at Ryan and me.
Congrats to you and your beautiful family. You looked amazing in your wedding dress.

I have become teary-eyed now that I have kids too. I think that is the best thing about being a mom just that smile and the way they view the world pulls at those heartstrings.

If I'm understanding correctly you had late-seating for dinner!? I'm doing this also with a 4 yr old and a 17 month old at the time of travel. So I'm interested on how this worked for your family (was Addison able to cope with it)? Where there other kids in the dining room also? I'm getting nervous that it just might be dinner then straight to bed.

I hope that you are adjusting back to reality nicely since your cruise, wedding and honeymoon. Any more cruises planned as of yet?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: