Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 12:09 AM   #46
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Molly, that's insurance companies for you and bureaucracy for you. I thank God everyday for our Kaiser insurance. Even when I was so sick in 2006/2007 they never blinked an eye. Our prescription are like $20 for a months supply. No fuss, no muss. But, on that same note having a baby with them was no picnic. Hopefully they can get this all straightened out properly. And too bad that Robert is going to places you would like to, maybe there will be chance for you to go with him another time.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #47
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I'm going to hang on to the receipt and maybe send in a "please pay me back" form. Maybe get 30 bucks back (month's copay for the drug is $10).

Oh, that was the other problem...drugstore.com! AUGH. They state on their site that it takes about 10-14 days total from sending in a prescription by mail to receiving it. Uh, no. I sent it in WELL over a week ago. They finally started putting it into their system today...I call to ask "what's next"? They say oh it's not totally in the system yet, we'll send you an email. I say OK, oh, by the way, that other part of the prescription isn't needed, but I didn't want to write on an offical prescription (it was for the syringes, should we get the HCG), that's page 2 of 2 pages, we only sent one, just delete that part. They said they would. It shows up later with an email "we got this, we're sorry, your insurance doesn't cover it"...omg they've checked with my insurance, even though I told them to just delete it.

Time goes by during the day, I'm talking with Aetna about everything else...Robert sends me his itinerary, I get the order/ship confirmation from drugstore...his pills are slated to arrive the day AFTER he leaves. That won't work. So I call in

"Ccan you stop it and upgrade shipping to 3 day?"

"Probably, but it's going to take 1 to 2 business days to get out, so it won't get out until Monday, so you'll need to do it 2 day."

"OK, do it 2 day for 12.99 instead of free...it's a stupid, I wasn't thinking, tax, right?"

"Oh, but this shows it's on hold...we only have 2 pills. It will take 1 or 2 business days to get from our supplier, so you'll have to change it to overnight."

At this point I burst into tears, it's just all too much. $40 instead of $10 at walgreens, now 39.99 instead of 20 at drugstore...just make it stop.

I give the go ahead, I explain why I'm crying, we get it squared away...and then I ask, in a very pathetic voice, that although obviously I ordered it too late and needed to send it 2 day (I wasn't even thinking about the 14 day nonsense they LIE about on their site at that point), needing to overnight is NOT my fault, it's their supply problem, and can we erase the difference between overnight and 2 day.

He wasn't happy about it, but he did it. Supposedly.

I mean, he said they wouldn't be charging me until it shipped, and the $20 has already been charged.

I want to love drugstore as much as amazon...I've worked for both...but I quit drugstore b/c we were given woefully inadequate information, we had NO power, we didn't know who to contact in problematic situations...it was too much. It was when drugstore bought a company in Carlsbad that did specialty vitamin orders for Dr Weil, Dr Sears (not the kid doctors, but the diet doctor with the same name), and some female celebrity person. People take their vitamins SERIOUSLY, folks, and the CA people told us this...the drugstore people did NOT. My last person that I remember...I was dealing with the agent/rep/person working for a famous person that will go unnamed that was dealing with cancer, and this person trusted VERY highly in his vitamin regimen, and the person's shipment was late or missing or messed up, and we had to get it to the person in a different city instead of Chicago, and...I had NO ONE to escalate it to. I mean, I wanted ownership of the problem, but all I could do was say platitudes...no one to email, no one to call...nothing. drugstore didn't want the CA people, who had told the reps to call at any time about any thing, to know that they weren't giving us power or info, so we got yelled at if we called them...it was awful. That was pretty much the person I quit over. I'm so glad that the celebrity was successful in his/her cancer fight...after all, vitamins were a huge part of Robert beating a brain tumor he had in his 20s, too. I personally can't seem to find any vitamins that don't make me want to toss cookies, but all my life I've been surrounded by people who seriously believe in them!

Anyway, the drugstore thing is driving me mad.

All I can do is complain, it seems!!! That's not fun.

I get to book hubby's hotels. Let's hope they get me sunshine credit this time...the other time, well credit hasn't come through yet, and I'm peevish about that, too.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2009, 02:37 AM   #48
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Oh dear Molly! Well, I say just breath deeply and go to your happy place in your mind and this too will pass!

Can you believe how quickly the time is flying?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:53 PM   #49
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Yes, time is going by quite nicely.

To top everything off, last night I suddenly got that feeling in my throat that now I'm sick. And today, I'm sick. So glad I went to the Y yesterday! Hope I'm all better for E's very first swimming lesson on Monday.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 09-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #50
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Oh, don't you just hate bureaucracy!!! Hubby works for a Mental Health facility as their head of IT and has to deal with HIPA all the time.

I am surprised that the drug company will even talk to you about Robert's prescriptions and needing a diagnosis code and all of that, a LOT of times they won't even talk to the spouse! Have you called the Dr. and asked for a specific dx for his HCG? Sometimes they will be obliging and give you whatever code you might need.

Good luck with the drug people and WOW that your trip is coming up fast! Ours is less than 2 months - but not as close as one month - which is good, it gives me a chance to save up more money!

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #51
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

He has an appointment on Monday, so he'll talk with them then about the HCG diagnosis code...his endo seems kinda strict, so we're not sure if he'll be willing to bend anything for us. We'll either just have to wait it out until the prolactin lowers enough to let the other hormones get normal, or pay out of pocket. If the special permission doesn't work that is.

It's quite lovely that everyone will talk to me. I don't complain! We've never signed anything for insurance that lets them talk to me, but with doctors, we always make sure they know that they can talk to either of us. I was actually the one who got the official diagnosis news, because hubby doesn't need that at work (though honestly, a prolactinoma is so much BETTER than the alternatives that it was pure relief!) and I understand things more...

And the drugstore.com thing is interesting, too...but it's my account and I put his prescription on my account, so maybe there's a grey area...but I was actually surprised that they talked to me without needing him here. Shhhh.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:51 PM   #52
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Trip thoughts!

Wait, first, I did want to say that I've been thinking off and on about today, and the anniversary...seems no one is talking about it, but I'm thinking about it, and I just wanted to put it "out there".

In fact today Robert had to rent a car and drive around with coworkers, and it felt so strange having him rent a car, at the airport, so he and 3 other guys so they could drive around Seattle, on today of all days. I wonder if he saw extra security at the airport this morning.

OK anyway...things are looking up! Seems that the extra $399 our chiro had "pending insurance" is just the stuff her dingbat billing lady keeps sending back through. It's been paid at the level it will be paid at. That's what being a preferred provider is all about! Stop it! And I let the insurance people know what the billing people are doing, which sometimes has a tendency to prompt a letter being sent to the offending billing people.

While on the phone, sounding so pathetic b/c I have almost no voice, I mentioned the drug thing from yesterday. She put me on hold and talked to their pharmacy department, because she totally "got" what the problem was. As soon as they can see the drugstore stuff (I can see it online but the pharmacy can't yet), the rep will call me, and I'll fax in the receipt from yesterday, and they will work on an override to pay me back!

Like I said, things are looking up!

It's hard for me to think about the trip, b/c my mind and desk are filled with all this insurance stuff, working on budget stuff, organizing, really working with E on learning-work...I need to clear off my desk (especially needed because it's actually the dining room table!!!) and get it all put away, so I can really focus.

Because, you know, it's absolutely necessary to decide if I truly want a character breakfast this trip or not.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #53
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Howdy Molly :-] Coming in late to your PTR - busy time at work and home atm, you know how it goes We'll be at DLR for a couple of the same days you are

First off very cool that you're getting to celebrate your B-day at the land that Walt made I turned 40 this year but it just wasn't in the cards for us to go (my b-day is right in the middle of most people's spring break and I'm not gonna brave DLR during spring break ).

Glad to see your foot is doing better but sorry that some sicky ickies have plagued your household. But at least you're getting them over with before you hit DLR! Also sorry to hear about all of the insurance and drugstore woes, I hate all the hoops they make us go through. But glad to hear that you're finally seeing some progress in getting paid back

As far as the character breakfast goes, is it something you've done several times and are wondering if doing the same thing would be worth it given the extra cost? Were you thinking of Goofy's Kitchen or Ariel's Grotto?

I look forward to hearing more about your trip planning and maybe we'll see each other in the parks!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #54
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I feel so bad that my husband wasn't able to go for HIS birthday. We've been there for E's and we'll be there for mine...poor hubby! But his is in late March, so the beginning of Spring Break, and costs are high then, so... In retrospect I wish we'd made it happen, but what's done is done.

We're thinking of Minnie's. Or, well, I am. We've been to PCH Grill and Storytellers for their b'fasts, and for whatever reason I'm not yet drawn to Goofy's. I do not know why. Ariel's...we were going to go there last year then cancelled it...it's worth a second thought this time. DS still likes princesses, so it might be fun. Hmm.

For some reason, though, I get all jealous of people with the Minnie's breakfast button! Then again, I also got jealous of the people getting into the far regions of the park before it opened, as we waited around GRR for rope drop. Thanks for the idea!

Old 09-12-2009, 03:55 PM   #55
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Hi!

I feel so bad that my husband wasn't able to go for HIS birthday. We've been there for E's and we'll be there for mine...poor hubby! But his is in late March, so the beginning of Spring Break, and costs are high then, so... In retrospect I wish we'd made it happen, but what's done is done.

We're thinking of Minnie's. Or, well, I am. We've been to PCH Grill and Storytellers for their b'fasts, and for whatever reason I'm not yet drawn to Goofy's. I do not know why. Ariel's...we were going to go there last year then cancelled it...it's worth a second thought this time. DS still likes princesses, so it might be fun. Hmm.

For some reason, though, I get all jealous of people with the Minnie's breakfast button! Then again, I also got jealous of the people getting into the far regions of the park before it opened, as we waited around GRR for rope drop. Thanks for the idea!
Howdy! Yeah, my b-day is in early April and we dealt with the same problem

Yes, we've contemplated the Grotto for the same reason, but decided to do a Goofy's Kitchen dinner this time around. But I've heard great things about Minnie's

Oh, and I know what you mean about the view to post count ...I think I have you beat with my ratio
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 09-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #56
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!

DISboards Moderator

Just wanted to pop in and say hello, Molly! I haven't abandoned you (have been following along), but have just been very silent. In fact, I just mentioned you in my TR update today!

I am so glad you are joining me in the 'I've stayed at all 3 DLR hotels' club soon. When last I was at GCH, in 12/07, I mentioned that there was a birthday (friend Shawn's - see my latest TR installment for that sad saga) and the nice lady at the front desk gave me Tinkerbell pins for both Shawn and me, as well as the birthday buttons and a certificate for MORE free pins!!! So you may get something like that, or you may get a treat in the room, or a CM who couldn't care less.

I hope you are all better (or close to it) with being sick and the foot pain and all of that. I get really bad foot pains here and there from PF, and if it is not the PF stuff in my foot then it is horrible cramps in my legs, or the ongoing pain of the disc issue in my back. When pain happens that affects mobility, it makes you realize how much we rely on being able to walk and how inconvenient it is when we can't!!

I can't wait to hear the rundown of your stay at GCH and see if you like it more than or equal to the other DLR hotels, or will think it is a waste of time and DVC points!! I will be living vicariously through your TR and WazowskiLOVER's and a couple of others to get my DLR Halloweentime fix.

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:51 PM   #57
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

feelin' like eeyore today

This health stuff continues to annoy me!

Felt fabulous yesterday! OK not fab, but I could talk and I was basically OK. Then we stayed up too late last night, and this morning I feel like a truck ran over me. Just not fun. And it's all just as Robert and Eamon are finally sounding normal again (they felt fine but their voices have been strange).

And I totally need to have my hearing checked; I can't even hear the thermometer beeping when it's done anymore. While taking my OWN temperature. Can you say hearing loss?

Whine whine whine.

Oh, and I've also entered the "month out" low excitement time. Every time. I picture entering the parks and have a feeling of "ugh, here again, more lines, more people." Last week it was a very different feeling with the same picture in my head. It'll fade, it always does...it just cracks me up when I'm in this part of the planning...

Old 09-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #58
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Well at least you recognize the pre-trip doldrums! It would be awful if you canceled your trip every time you felt that way! You'd cancel - feel better about DLR, re-reserve your trip - cancel, feel better . . . .

Hope you get your voice back soon, I hate it when mine sounds terrible - but, I also sing around my house, in the shower, in my car, with a choir I direct. My DH says he lives in a musical since I always have a song for everything and my oldest son just rolls his eyes when I make up new words to fit a situation!

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #59
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Poor Molly. It will end and the excitement will start all over again. I always get that way as the time gets close. My DH's bicycle racing season ended today and I am sadder than I thought I would be. It was fun to have someplace to go every other week.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:26 PM   #60
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Awww bummer, sorry you're still under the weather. Just gotta get some rest and protect your voice as best you can. And look at that doldrums time as more time to get y'all healed up and healthy for the trip!

I'm focusing on the costume end of things (for MToTP) to keep away the doldrums. Most of the stuff should be in on Monday or Tuesday. Then I'll be out of stuff to do for a bit, but I still hope to stay busy enough to avoid getting worried about the whole thing

Feel better!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: