Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2009, 05:44 PM   #31
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady's Mom View Post
Unfortunately, Space is my almost 5's absolute "most favorite ride EVER" and I won't be letting him ride it that day. Toooo scary with the ghosties and ghoulies - I don't want to be up with nightmares in a hotel room!

There is a little disappointment going around our house because of Space. But, my 7 yr old is HOPING to be tall enough for Screamin'. He keeps eating his vegetables to get taller.
Aw, poor 5 year old. I haven't felt that we were lucky b/c E won't ride it, but now I do. When the disney site gives a warning that it's not for the little ones...I'm paying attention.

Go 7 year old, go 7 year old! Black beans seem to help too. (though it's best not to think of what black beans and broccoli, E's fave eating to get big foods, do to his system, though)

Well, we're in self-imposed quarantine. Hubby comes home from a foreign country, and today:

Robert is coughing and sneezing with a bit of a fever.

Eamon is a bit achey with a headache and a fever. Some upper tummy upset early this AM.

Molly just feels OFF, and a bit hot, but is, so far, the healthiest of the 3 (reminds me, where's my vitamin C powder?)

Robert stayed home. His co-workers would NOT appreciate him coming in sounding like that. (though I personally would blame the YMCA pool germs, from Saturday, more than what he was exposed to out of the country) The two of them are playing low-key, non-violent computer videogames on the couch.

Interestingly, we've ALWAYS noticed (and we've read about the phenomenon elsewhere as well) that after E has a fever, he grows/changes in some way. So here he is, having a fever, and he's doing better at this v'game than he has EVER done before. Interesting.

As usual, I'm going to refer to whatever it is that we have (and we likely won't go be diagnosed unless it hits me and smashes my lungs and causes me to need help...those guys in my house are excellent at battling bugs b/c they don't have my "challenged" lungs) as the plague. Sigh. Silly plague.

But at least we have the plague now, and not in October!

Oh hey, look at that! E's up and dancing with the Backyardigans' song about "we're knights that's right". He must be feeling a little better! Yay!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:46 AM   #32
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I sometimes wonder, if there were a contest for the most dramatic difference between Replies and Views, if I would win...

Then again, I know that most of my posts are absolutely useless, so probably people just check out the latest bit in my reports, then go off and do something more fun...like clean the bathtub or something scintillating like that.
I have often thought this about my TR's as well. You can count me in on yours. I can't wait to see the pictures.

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #33
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Hmm...now I am a thinking. My 6, almost 7 year old has been one of those kids not to like creepy things. I have gotten him on HM by spending a lot of time explaining the stuff. He likes it okay now. He loves space mountain, but do I risk the frights?? He has not even watched the Disney movies with villains, like Snow White, Sleeping Beauty etc.. He just won't watch them because he has gotten a glimpse of the scary parts. I guess we will wait and see. Maybe watch it on Utube if someone posts on there in early, early October.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #34
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Well that was a quick bubonic plague! () E lazed around on the couch most of yesterday (with the mentioned break for dancing with the Backyardigans), fever going up and down, and he woke up right as rain! Robert woke well enough to go into work. And I feel fine. Better than I normally do, actually.

Weird!

Tracey, I'm sure it will be on youtube very quickly. That way he can decide if he wants to go. I can't find it now, but it was on the disneyland site the other day that it's not for little kids for Halloweentime...

Oh gosh, for some reason that reminded me that I'm going to have to get Nutella again! I used it last year (Cost Plus sells little couple ounce packs) for E to decorate the Yuletime cookies (available for purchase for only 6 bucks or whatever..."only"...) and avoid the gunk in their frosting. They had decorate-your-own cookies at Halloweentime in '07 and I assume they will again. Darn, a trip to Cost Plus, poor little me....

And it's fairly close to Michaels, where I'll have to go to see if they have those cheapie glowstick packs that they had at July 4th... I hope so! They were better than the dollar store sticks.

Thinking of making a PS at Minnie's for my birthday. Better to make the PS than cancel rather than find a holiday Monday all booked up, I suppose!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #35
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Oh, your plague sounds like what went on at our house a couple of weeks ago. Of course, right as school was starting. LOL

A fever, headache, a funny cough and a little need to lay around. Then, POOF, next day it's gone. I was so glad.

I don't think it's possible for our 7 yr old to even try black beans. He does like chili, though. That may just have to do. I actually had never even had black beans until our trip to DLR in July when DH and I had the lobster nachos at Cove Bar. I didn't even realize I liked them. I think it's because they turn everything such an ugly color. I think I've tried every other kind of bean, though.

We just feed our kids dark green leafies and tell them it helps them grow taller for whatever the current ride is. We eat a LOT of Chinese veggies at our house. We have a couple of good Asian groceries that aren't too far away from us, so it makes it easier. Even though it always seems like a jaunt to get there.

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM   #36
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

"A fever, headache, a funny cough and a little need to lay around. Then, POOF, next day it's gone. I was so glad. "

I'm glad to, but then again...I've always been a bit dramatic, and I was kinda looking forward to getting the plague to laze around and whimper about needing water and coughing like I have consumption and all that...pathetic of me! I'm glad the guys aren't sick, but I do kinda wish I'd gotten a touch of it, LOL.

The decision on the table is....Grayline DL Express or continue looking at those car rentals! Decisions decisions. Already what was 30+ bucks a day is down to 19 a day. It would be a no brainer if it weren't for the extra 6 hours...paying a full day's rate for 6 hours just bugs me. So it needs to get further down. I might even play the priceline game later on, but for now I continue to check the travel sites for the stated rates.

Oh, and we're considering the car b/c we know we want one store trip really quick, and we're also getting in at a tricky time where it's possible we'd miss the bus leaving 20 minutes after we land, and then we'd have the same long wait we had the last time. Even if it took the same amount of time getting a rental car, at least we'd be moving while doing it.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #37
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I vote for the rental car. Although there the problems that go with it there are the convenience factors of having the car.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:08 PM   #38
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

That's definitely where hubby has his thinking.

Funnily, I'm the one against it this time! Why? Because it means we have to haul the carseat with us. I don't wannnnnnt to. I say, just write out a list of exactly what you want at the store, snag a cab, go, run in, buy it, run out, get the waiting cab, come back. He sees that as some huge expense. Oh and have I mentioned that he's all on the "carryon only" bandwagon (and has forgotten that he's been AGAINST that this whole time!)...so I'm picturing carryon size + personal size for each of us, stroller (maybe..not sure..still under consideration), carseat...UGH.

If Southwest had better flight times we would have gone with them, but Virgin America had the best times for this trip (well, Alaska going there and VA coming back, but by the time I went to book, Alaska had raised the prices too high for us to be happy with for those good times) and they charge $20 for the first bag checked per person, hence the urge to carryon only.

But I'm definitely keeping an eye on those prices for the rental car! And on the Express side, I found that getting the vouchers through GAT is cheaper!

Old 09-03-2009, 04:14 PM   #39
kaoden39
Hugs

Or there is the option of ordering your groceries and having them delivered. I know that Safeway delivers. Sure it costs but then so does gas and the time. Wow I love playing the devils advocate.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #40
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Yeah, I wanted to have them delivered. He's not the biggest fan of the delivery cost.

And back and forth we go again.

Forgetting the transportation, I made a "just in case we really want to do it" PS for Minnie's on my b'day. And the moment I hung up, I wanted to change it! Wanted to have Cafe Orleans dinner on my b'day and do Minnie's another morning. But the other mornings are MM mornings. But it's a later PS anyway, so who cares?

I'm sure I'll change my mind a couple more times so I'll hold off on calling back.

E just finished up the preschool work we had set out. He's a graduate!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #41
kaoden39
Hugs

Yay Eamon!!!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #42
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Old 09-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #43
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Today marks a month out, or 30 days, if I'm remembering "30 days hath September blah blah blah" rhyme correctly. Woo!

Does anyone out there think that we'll actually be able to do the following?

After landing at LAX and getting to the hotel and all pre-checked-in, will we TRULY be able to go to the pool and relax? Just take advantage of the fancy place we're staying? Perhaps have a bevvie at the pool (that's allowed, right?) and maybe a snacky from WWS.

Then the plan will be to get into our room, get cleaned up, and head over somewhere (totally dependent on the time), and then get a GOOD spot for the fireworks that night!

Speaking of that, I *have to* get a handle on what exactly is a good spot. We always seem to end up behind a tree, or in a spot that seems good but then the fireworks themselves are behind a tree! Not so bad in December when some of the trees are bare of leaves, but I doubt that'll be the case in October.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:44 PM   #44
kaoden39
Hugs

I have always been fond of riding the rides during fireworks. Bad, I know, but I love the lines during the fireworks. Your plan sounds good.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:54 PM   #45
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Ooh, good idea. If the fireworks-viewing is successful on Saturday, perhaps we'll shoot for that on Sunday.

Wow did I have a cruddy day! Few believe in this, that's OK, but I was raised with it and as soon as I realized how junky the day was and I went looking, ayep, Mercury Retrograde. Sucky communication bleah bleah bleah. I spent about 2 hours on the phone with insurance, going back and forth, FINALLY (after 3 months) hearing about their Specialty Pharmacy, and how they *might* be able to help Robert with the HCG prescription... Everyone is as mystifed as we are that we can actually have $10,000 in infertility coverage (not that that would go very far!) but they don't cover a major drug used for couples that might be using their infertility coverage. How much sense does THAT make? Unfortunately, they want a diagnosis code...is there a dx code for "prolactinoma which is messing with another hormone and we want him to feel more like himself again without *causing* another medical problem, ie, infertility (as pure testosterone would do)"??? I just can't quite imagine that that has a dx code.

And I could not get my brain together all day. I feel like there's a filter in my eyes keeping me from focusing, then another filter on my optic nerves keeping me from understanding. I was doing confusing math in my head (you know, addition) and I kept losing my random pieces of paper, and it's just all a mess.

Add to that...I finally sent his prolactinoma drug prescription to drugstore...they should be taking over the 3 refills of a 3 months supply. We haven't been able to get more than a 1 month supply from the local pharmacy, and we've gotten 6 of the 7 pills that is prescribed for a 3 month period. I figured there would be NO problem getting the one pill for today and next Thursday...uh, no, drugstore already went through, so now? Had to pay OOP. Not a horrid amount for such an important issue, just under $40 for ONE pill (two weeks' worth, though), but still. Come on. Just let us finish up the first prescription, ya know? That was the start of the phone calls to insurance, and it just went on and on and on.

And Robert's going on an 11 day trip end of next week. To a couple places I would LOVE to go. Sigh. I know I know, he does just sit in the hotel room, but still....I wouldn't have to.

But in good news, I got a sweet present from Blue Donkey here on the Dis, thank you if your'e out there! OK well it's for E, and I told him that my online friend had sent him something, and he said, no lie, "awww, isn't that sweet of her????" He might spend a bit more time with me than with hubby, LOL.

Also, I worked out. And got E's schedule for swim and gymnastics classes at the Y. Exciting!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: