Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #331
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Awwh, poor E. And poor Robert. And poor you, Mom.

At least you got home safe!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #332
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

It really colored our trip-memories for a week or so!

I have learned though...I think I'm going to get trip insurance, a thing I have never gotten, in the future. Because by all rights, we should not have gone on this trip. We were too dang tired. And then obviously, in retrospect, E picked up a bug while there and it smacked his tired immune system, and we just should not have been there.

Either that or we're going to have to go back to Southwest, so that our fares don't get money taken from them if we have to cancel. But I love VA so much!

I just don't ever want to go somewhere *right after* being sick, and I would hate the idea of not being able to play on vacation b/c I was actively sick and have no interest in spreading, so I'd like to just be able to go home (or not go).

Gotta dig up my paperwork for DVC points trip insurance...

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #333
Yakety76
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
I had mentioned the reactions of kids to him...here's a picture taken around 1pm that day...

You can see the redness around his mouth. In person it was so much worse. It's only animal-nature for another mammal to avoid someone looking like that. It just hurts the feelings of humans, while it might not hurt the feelings of a different mammal.
Oh...Poor guy. Having his mouth probably hurting and then getting his feelings hurt too. That is enough to put a damper on anything. I hope his mouth feels better. My kids always get dry, chapped skin around their mouths during the winter (fortunately just from licking their lips and not from being sick..knock on wood) and it is impossible to heal. They do not like putting anything on it because of the taste and feel. Anyway, I hope he is feeling better now.

What a trip home you had. I am sure most of the people on the plane felt nothing but sympathy for you, Robert and Eamon. For those who were annoyed, well, you'll never see them again.

Thanks for sharing your trip. It is always fun to read about your families' adventures.
Yakety76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #334
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I forgot to mention E, Kody used to have that problem when ever she got a cold. I finally too her to the Dr, and it was an infection of sorts and we had to put an ointment on her face. Poor guy, I feel for him it never was fun. Even at the advanced age of 15 she had problems whenshe had her last cold.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:22 AM   #335
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Great end to your trip report Molly! Poor Robert, getting puked on. I agree about the trip insurance in theory, but I wonder if I would have the forsight to actually use it in the circumstances you were in. I mean actively sick yes, but mostly recovered, it would be hard to not go.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #336
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I think that, after this experience, I'd be OK using the insurance. It was just so exhausting. You saw us on our first night, and you saw Eamon sleeping for over an hour. He does not nap anymore, so that was weird...I should have known then.

I was so glad to see you and meet your son and friends, but the rest of the trip was just so hard, because E and I had been so sick, and he got the "bounceback" (I've been reading WDW threads too much!) illness to boot.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: