Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 09:43 PM   #226
RiverLou
The reason why the rum is gone.

I am enjoyin' the heck out of your TR.

*Love* Eddie Izzard.
RiverLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:11 PM   #227
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Well thank you!

I got to thinking about EI and had to go find his official facebook page and join it.

We found out about him when we had HBO one hundred million years ago (OK, more like, in late '00 early '01) and saw one of his specials. Then we started finding more and more of him... He's just brilliant. Funny, oh absolutely, but also really really smart.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #228
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Monday

Mickey woke up Eamon again, yay for Mickey! Great motivator that dude is.

Today was our DCA-opening day as well as our WWS breakfast day.

On our way out, I made sure to take a pic of the hallway. At some point during the night, they put baskets filled with bedding outside each door (even though their info states that they don't change bedding each day...they do seem to do so! same with towels...even the towels we hung back up, in compliance with the card saying "hung up towels won't be replaced, towels in basket will", were replaced with new...sigh) so that housekeeping doesn't have to have mine-train style carts with the bedding for alllll of those rooms down each lonnnnnng hallway.

So today was my birthday, and yet, despite a few heavy hints, Robert had yet to go snag me a birthday button. It's hard enough for me to celebrate my b'day with my family, let alone go ask someone to give me a button AND give my family buttons saying they are celebrating.

We got to WWS, ordered, and had food. Robert had the burrito as usual; DS and I had the french toast sticks (all without meat, and DS and I didn't have the syrup, of course, nasty HFCS filled stuff). (OK. I opened it and tried some...EW! last time I had it I kinda liked it. guess I've lost my taste for fake syrup, which is also evidenced by my recent and sudden not-minding-all-that-much of the real syrup we keep on hand for Eamon...life long maple syrup hater here...very very strange change)

Eamon had more Nesquik. Except...he spilled a quarter or so of it on the table, whoops! Didn't hit anything but the table, which was amazing. As the day went on, however, and his mouth started having big red reactions, we realized that it was probably time to stop it with the Nesquik. E has traditionally had skin reactions, on his face, to cow's milk (just the milk...not cheese...though one time raitta did it to him), and we figured we'd just pushed him beyond his limits. The redness bothered him so much he *agreed*. I tell you, he is SUCH a good kid when it comes to the things he can't have!

At some point after Robert was done eating, he excused himself for the restroom, then came back with the buttons. YAY!!!!!

I had heard rumors that sometimes GCH guests are allowed in even earlier than normal-early. But when we walked up (again with a confused knowledge of time), the gates were closed closed closed, and the dude said that he might open it at 9:45, but definitely at 10.

OK, we'll just sit here. Wait, what time is it? What? Not even 9???? What is going on here with our timing?????

So we sat there, as there was already one family waiting...I asked Robert to take my fleece back to the room (mistake, it was cold that day!) and something else, and sent him off with his AP just in case the gates opened so we could go on in and he could meet us later. Um...however...I did NOT send him with his room key.

Yeah...going into a room and rummaging through a woman's purse, while housekeeping is out of the room (but the door is left open)...and not having your room key on you...and having a different last name from the wife who made the reservation...well....that'll get Security called on ya!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 11-15-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:11 AM   #229
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

Yeah...going into a room and rummaging through a woman's purse, while housekeeping is out of the room (but the door is left open)...and not having your room key on you...and having a different last name from the wife who made the reservation...well....that'll get Security called on ya!

NO... did they really?!?!

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:11 AM   #230
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Takin' a little break! All the sitting and finding notes and such seem to be doing something really negative to my spine. So I'm going to rest (which I thought I was doing by writing this out, but it turns out my lumbars don't agree) and watch some TV with the hubster.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:58 AM   #231
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Hi Molly! Really enjoying your TR. I am in the hotel for my conference and heading back to DL for one more day on Thursday. I was so glad we got to see you and your fam too! I liked you online and then the first time I met you too. You can just tell sometime! Maybe I'll see you in Washington wone day
Old 10-21-2009, 03:01 AM   #232
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Well thank you!

I got to thinking about EI and had to go find his official facebook page and join it.

We found out about him when we had HBO one hundred million years ago (OK, more like, in late '00 early '01) and saw one of his specials. Then we started finding more and more of him... He's just brilliant. Funny, oh absolutely, but also really really smart.

Holy cannoli! I'm caught up! I am LOVIN' your trip report. I love that you drag it out. I love that you use an acronym for a bunch of random stuff. I love that you go off topic, and then just keep trucking with the topic as if you never left. I love that you have conversations with everyone. You have a conversational writing style, so it's like you're talking to us on the phone. It's wonderful. You're awesome!

I ALSO love that you like Eddie Izzard. I am so glad that you emphasized him being "really really smart." When I tell people that Eddie is "an intelligent comedian" they look at me funny. No one seems to get it. I've tried and tried and tried to re-create my favorite part of my favorite HBO special of his (the India/Britiain "Do you have a flag?" bit), but people usually end up poking fun at my terrible British accent. He just doesn't tell jokes about the obvious things, you know? I don't like him AS much as an actor, though...

Anyway, the moral of the story? E is cute as can be!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #233
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Molly,

It definitely sounds like early mornings are NOT for your family! We love the early morning flights - but for some unexplainable reason I have VERY early birds. The only time my kids ever sleep in a little bit is right about now when mornings are very dark. Once the time change hits they will be back up bright and early. The would sleep all the way to about 7:15 or 7:30 now that it is so dark in the mornings, but that will go back to 6:30 or 6:45 easily when we switch. I have no idea how this will mess them up since we are leaving for DLR on Nov. 1 and that is when we change times! Maybe they will be up at 4 am???

I almost don't know what to do with them when we are at HoJo and DLR doesn't open til 10 am. We do a lot of walking around the hotel and checking out the grounds and watching the maintenance guys clean the pool.

I love reading your report and hearing how things went for your family. I love that you got to meet a fellow DISer and do a couple of things together. Maybe I will have to check out who is going when I am and arrange a meet! You've inspired me!

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #234
jobo
Mouseketeer

Enjoying you trip report!

Eddie Izzard is a brilliant comedian! He is also a great humanitarian. He ran 1,105-miles in 51 days, around the UK and raised £200,000 for Sport Relief.
jobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #235
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Hello to all! Thank you so much for reading and writing!

disneynerd420, didn't see ya there. The answer to your question is...well, just read on.

QueenDoOver, I'm so jealous of you getting to be there again! I've started looking under cushions for the few hundred to get me back.... My brother is talking about us visiting in mid-Nov, and watching kids cats while they either visit Duke (their alma mater) or SIL's sister (also in NC) and having our "required days in Disneyland"...but my AP would be EXPIRED by then...waaaaaahhhhhhhhh. And we have vowed to not spend more on disneyland until our car is paid off. Augh. Jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAKid View Post
I ALSO love that you like Eddie Izzard. I am so glad that you emphasized him being "really really smart." When I tell people that Eddie is "an intelligent comedian" they look at me funny. No one seems to get it. I've tried and tried and tried to re-create my favorite part of my favorite HBO special of his (the India/Britiain "Do you have a flag?" bit), but people usually end up poking fun at my terrible British accent. He just doesn't tell jokes about the obvious things, you know? I don't like him AS much as an actor, though...
Yeah, the actor part is weird. Seeing him in, oh, what was that silly superhero movie with Hank Azaria and Ben Stiller???...anyway, he's so campy in that you can't pay attention to him. Then again, there was a movie with him and Matt LeBlanc about WW2, and I remember that being pretty good. But, ya know, to be honest...I have a crush on him whether he's dressed as a man OR woman (just as long as he doesn't wear his "chicken patties" in his bra...I need him *flat* in the chest for the crush to work...which is what made me sad when we saw him in Vancouver...he looked SO awesome, but he'd filled his bra)...so as long as he isn't just being a silly bad guy "foil" like in the Stiller movie, I like *watching* him.

England, what's that behind your back.....

Brady's Mom, that's going to be so difficult! I was thinking you could walk to DLH and wander the grounds, but we noticed in May that they don't open the RC boats for quite awhile in the mornings...what time does HoJo open their pool? Maybe just schedule sit-down breakfasts and make them get ready slllloooooowwwwwwlllllyyyyy for them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobo View Post
Eddie Izzard is a brilliant comedian! He is also a great humanitarian. He ran 1,105-miles in 51 days, around the UK and raised £200,000 for Sport Relief.
I know, I saw that! It's incredible. I'm sure he exercises to some extent regularly (when we saw him in Vancouver he'd just done the Atkins diet and had dumped quite a bit of weight, and I'm sure he's kept up with keeping that off to some extent, though Atkins for 6 years I can't even imagine), but to just say "yep, a marathon a day"...is just astonishing.

Old 10-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #236
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

It's my birthday, I have my button, I've sent back my fleece jacket in what turned out to be a shortsighted decision, and we're well ahead of time for DCA's secret-not-secret opening time, waiting, waiting, waiting....

I kept myself amused by chatting with E and by watching the pretty family across from us. They had 3 or 4 kids, and E's fascinated by that (let's face it, we ALL want some siblings in his life...not that we want them FOR him, we wanted them before he showed up...but that's what they would be; siblings to him), and the bitty one was adorable. Eamon said "I didn't know toddlers could walk"...and I got to explain what "toddler" and "toddling" meant...

I was just amazed at how many gorgeous families we had seen during that trip. When I say that I don't mean to denigrate us...I mean, right now we're squishy and it's harder to see any cuteness in the adults here, but our reality is that our souls are quite smaller and we're kinda cute when we're like that (wedding picture soon). But what I"m talking about is...it felt like we saw *model* families. Just gorgeous, with style and the "it" factor. It was just kinda weird. And that's the kind of family that was across from us.

Wedding picture:

See? I'm vaguely cute, and hubby's so handsome and that's a great haircut (he got his hair cut in Federal Way WA, but it was horrible, so he went off to pay $30 to have it RE-cut in Beaverton when he got down to OR before the wedding) and I'm so smiley...

Goodness, I have a whole Queen Elizabeth bust thing goin' on...I'm about her height and I seem to be built like her up there, which I never realized before (strange, really, as I had books with her wedding pictures in it while planning!).

Also, I do have the rights to the pictures, for any photographers out there. Paid extra, have the ONLY CDs in existence of the pictures, etc etc (really need to copy them as the photog's wife urged).

As another "aside"...that pic is from our recessional, which was done while our Irish band played the Indiana Jones theme!!!! (I'd walked down the aisle to a bodhran (Irish drum) solo and felt like I was in Braveheart which of course wasn't in Ireland but they have the drums in the movie in parts) We thought ourselves quite fun, to have that theme song as our recessional.

Ok so anyway, surrounded by models, waiting for Robert...waiting, waiting, waiting....

Finally he showed up. He didn't appear flustered or anything, but he was kind of laughing..."yeah, they had to call Security...turns out I didn't have my room key..."

What????

He got to our room and it was open, because housekeeping was working on it. OK, after that stay, seeing how open they keep those rooms, I'm hiding our stuff in the closet. We just sort of left things out in a lump, but that feels really stupid now. Just a little warning.

So the door was open, it was his room, he walked in. First he put my fleece down, which was fine, but then I'd wanted him to get my bracelet, which I'd left in a jewelry box in my purse, and THAT was not appreciated by the housekeeper. She only had my name on the list, and neither of us changed our last names after the wedding, so even his ID didn't help. She called Security.

When they got there they had access to more than what the housekeeper had; his name was on the reservation...just not first on it. And of course it's funny, because legally HE is the DVC owner, and we were using DVC points for the stay, but I made it in my name, so he was the afterthought.

They had his name, he showed his ID, it was all good. He didn't even seem to be embarrassed! But I felt like a prize idiot, for not thinking to give him the room key. (I am generally keeper of all cards especially after the whole "losing R and E's APs" incident Robert had on Screamin')

But all was well, he was back with us instead of in Disney Jail, and it still wasn't yet 9:30.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 11-15-2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: extra wedding picture thoughts
Old 10-21-2009, 05:31 PM   #237
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

small break in storytelling

I meant to write more, but I'm caught up in a WDW trip report "Did Pluto Just Give You A Lap Dance".

Plus, I need to do a little research about how, and how soon, the HCG is going to impact Robert in side-effect ways...he finally got his instruction in how to use the needle this morning...I asked him if he was turning into the Hulk yet, LOL. He's pretty happy that soon he should feel like himself, instead of, as we call him in his sappier moments...prolactin-boy.

So I'll be back to my own TR soon, just need to be "elsewhere" online and on the dis right now.

Last edited by bumbershoot; 10-21-2009 at 05:54 PM. Reason: "you" not "me"
Old 10-22-2009, 12:16 AM   #238
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

I just had to tell you your wedding picture is gorgeous! But, I'm a sucker for Asian men! So much so, I married one! LOL

And about the HoJo pool - I don't think they open til 10 ish - won't help with my early risers. Oh well, it will be fine.

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:12 AM   #239
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady's Mom View Post
I just had to tell you your wedding picture is gorgeous! But, I'm a sucker for Asian men! So much so, I married one! LOL
Thanks about the pic.

Until Robert I never realized I had a thing for Asian guys...well except for Bruce Lee when I was a kid. Liked him. A few Asian guys in high school liked me, but I had my mind set on one of two people...a white guy or a Mexican-American guy...no room for the guys that actually showed *interest* in me! But the last dude I dated pre-Robert was called the Viking by my friends...tall and just big looking (though actually he was fairly scrawny) with long blonde hair...I was all over the place.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #240
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

totally unrelated

Just read this...it amused me...

Might not be a surprise that when someone in my household is going to take a drug, I research it. OK, that means western medicine drugs...I often do NOT want to research homeopathic remedies b/c they come from really really disgusting things (though there's no "findable" amount of the thing in it by the time it's prepared)....but anyway, from the age of 18 when I read the package insert of an eye dilation drug in the waiting area of the optometrist's office (he was angry with me for asking about it, and sent me out there, where I, you know, read it out loud to people along with the risks of cardiac involvement in the drops...he made a mistake...BIG mistake) through now, I read inserts, I go to drugs.com, I look into it.

So the article on MSN today about how drug labels are made by the maker, not the FDA, and how they hedge the truth and hide unpleasantness as much as possible, didn't surprise me. But for some reason, this did:

Quote:
Only by wading through the FDA’s 403-page internal review of Lunesta do the details emerge: patients fell asleep 15 minutes faster and slept 37 minutes longer, on average.

“Lunesta patients still met criteria for insomnia and reported no clinically meaningful improvement in next-day alertness,” the authors state.

Despite that lackluster finding, the drug has grown into a $600 million-a-year drug for Sepracor, helped by the company’s advertisements featuring a green Lunesta moth.
So users *still* fit into the definition of insomnia, eh?

I remember hearing this GREAT skit by Steve Martin, where he's describing this amazing drug, it does all these crazy things (note: he's talking about an illegal drug, so the effects aren't things like "gets rid of stuffiness" etc)...then he goes to read the name....plaaaaaa ceeeeee booooooo.....

Heard that skit in chiropractic college, loved it then, love it now! Placebo effect is possibly the most powerful and *wonderful* effect there is, IMO! All the positives, absolutely no side effects. What's not to love????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: