Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #181
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Ooh are they tricky. Each time I went to book, "whoops, the price went up, instead of 17 now it's 42" or 20 or 22 or whatever. Thhhpppppttttth on them!

I called Disneyland Express to clarify, she gave me info, we're just taking that. Walking from the VA terminal (3) to #1 to be first on the bus, we'll just pay the round trip fare (with Anaheim OC coupon) then, it'll be good.

Instead of a store trip for water, we'll just drink water with all meals, etc etc.

And we don't have to haul the carseat. Thank goodness.

Currently charging all batteries that might be needed.
Currently washing all clothes not being worn.
Found a place to park the car while we're gone, made reservation and deposit.
Then to clear off this table and do some ironing with the cheapie deapie iron!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 10-09-2009 at 04:48 PM.
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #182
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Also done? Made the *November* payment on our car and tossed an extra 200+ of principal at it. Got to fill in almost 100 squares on my chart on graph paper (visual representation of the debt). Whoo!

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #183
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynerd420 View Post

BTW... I'm rooting for E to make it on HMH this year!
Yay! We are too. I'm sure he will be disappointed later, if he doesn't do it. Especially since this might (it's planned to be, but you know how it is) be the last trip for something like a year...gotta get that car paid off then we have a WDW family reunion thing planned, both need to be done before going back (unless the brother/SIL decided they *must* see their nephew of course).

Anyway, we all know how the snowball works, especially on us, but the *plan* is to not go back for a good while after this...and if he misses HMH he won't have another chance for any HM until WDW.

I hear the laundry buzzer! Gotta go do more!

Old 10-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #184
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

Okay, now I'm curious, and this might be a better question for when you get home. Squares on a graph to show your debt paydown? Mind sharing what you're doing? I'm always looking for good tips to help me stay motivated to become 'debt free'. If/when you have time I'd love to hear about it!

And have a mahvelous time on your vacation! I look forward to reading the lastest installment of your Disney exploits!
Daisybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #185
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I took the total principal we owe on the car (actually I started from the very very beginning to give myself a whole bunch of coloring to do, to motivate me right from the start), got a piece of double-sided graph paper. Divided it up so that each square = $5 of principal. Today we paid 465 in principal, so I colored in 93 squares.

Now here's what's WEIRD. I have the CAR page and the DVC page. And with both of them, when I initially wrote out CAR and DVC in the squares, the number of squares the word covered actually coincided with the amount of principal I needed to show as paid on that page....it was weird enough when it happened with the CAR page...when it happened with the DVC page, I nearly fell off my chair.

I got the idea from the less official Dave Ramsey forum, llnoe.com.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #186
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

I had never heard of that site, thanks for the tip. I've read one of his books and listen to his radio program when the rare chance arrises. He's coming to Portland at the end of this month and I'm toying with the thought of going. Maybe this site will help me determine if it's worth it.
Thanks! I appreciate it!
Daisybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #187
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

You are welcome!

I really like the site. Their breakdown of the babysteps is so helpful, and the discussion (and tough love) in the forum for each of the steps is incredible!

I've read the actual daveramsey forum (to post and to get to the really meaty stuff you have to join for a fee) and that's helpful, but the livinglikenooneelse forums are good for me right now.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #188
jobo
Mouseketeer

Molly-
I mostly lurk, but I wanted to wish you a fantastic trip and a happy birthday on Monday! Put that gift card to good use!

Last edited by jobo; 10-09-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: If only I hadn't failed English.......
jobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:59 PM   #189
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

E is watching Bolt. That scene when Mittens is in the pound...she's just shaking and looking so sad....

Robert is still asleep. Got up in the early AM with the cabergoline headache, finally got to sleep, and is still sleeping. Almost 4pm. Obviously he took a personal day today, but he was supposed to be helping me. In one of his awake times, he said that today's sleepiness was the worst yet...glad he wasn't going into work.

Kinda wish the sleepiness would lift, though....hopefully the endo will schedule a followup MRI soon. The prolactin levels have already dropped by something like 300 units, but I'd like to see if the tumor is smaller. If only I had xray (er, magnetic resonance) vision....

Back to work!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #190
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Have a good trip Molly. And have a wonderful birthday.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #191
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thanks and thanks!

All tshirts done, including the little cheapie bag I put a Jack head on.

One haircut done...the shortest one in the house is insisting on finishing up watching Space Buddies before the evils of the hair cutting...he loves the end result, but hates the process. If only I had a spaceship chair to make it more fun!

Second haircut done. Packing. Plans to be all packed and ready for wakeup!

Toodles!

Old 10-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #192
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

HAVE A GREAT TRIP AND HAVE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOLLY!

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #193
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thanks and thanks!

I'm posting using wireless internet in our room right now. Robert put Nemo on (we have a DVD player in our totally normal, standard, room...I'd heard of that happening, so made sure we packed some DVDs), Eamon is playing his Leapster, we're resting our feetsies. Actually we're just resting...didn't get much sleep, and the flight felt long, the wait for the bus was long (we walked from terminal 3 to terminal 1, to be one of the first on, just in case and also to take up some time), the bus ride felt long, etc. We did not swim, as we were so tired it didn't feel safe.

Rode TSMM, it was most excellent! Got a FP for Grizzly on the way, and after TSMM and the Triton carousel, and after wandering, going to Guest Relations to get the Disney Debit Card "rewards card" while hubby and son shopped (for my present! so nice!), we snagged a FP for Soarin' and THEN finally rode Grizzly. Most excellent.

This is likely the last "to the minute" report of the trip, but I figured I'd do it since I have time.

Before we got to GRR, I saw this boy and he just caught my eye, then I saw his mom, and it was Tracey, QueenDoOver! Yay! How cool was that???? They'd just ridden GRR and were a bit soggy.

While we were on GRR, we were with two 2-person families, and 4/6 of us were wearing ponchos...as we approached the first downhill, we heard, over the PA system..."cheaterrrrrrssss, wearing ponchooooosssssss" LOL. Silly CM.

Anyway, we'll be having an early dinner soon. I'm fairly certain we're as far from anywhere in this hotel that we could be. If it weren't pleasant, I would have been having images of the Big Wheel scenes in The Shining. Long corridors....

Old 10-10-2009, 08:58 PM   #194
BillyFan
My white-trashiest chefy moment ever
I, for one have had a Billy Hill Buzz more once
And thanks so much for warming up the boyfriend for us

How fun that you ran into Tracey! And thanks for the update, Molly! Enjoy your birthday trip!!!

BillyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:18 AM   #195
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

Sounds like you guys are having fun already. I hope you get the rest you need so you can tear up the parks later. Have a great time!

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: