Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #151
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Well glad E is better and hope you're getting enough rest to get you well too. Soups are always a winner in our household - love the stuff the local Safeway makes up fresh (we're lazy that way and don't make our own).

Kimchee should do good for clearing out the sinuses at the very least. Burn that bug out!

I'm a total novice at traveling from LAX (we've always driven down before). We're doing the ME bus thing and our flight is supposed to land at 9am. Do you think we'd have time to make it to the 9:30am bus?

I'm assuming we have to go to baggage claim and get our bags down to the bus and I'm thinking we won't make it and will be stuck there until 10:30am too

Good luck with the reservations and continued travel conondrums
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #152
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Hi all!

So today I should make our transportation reservation. And I'm stuck. Price of car rental never came down enough, so I want to do Grayline through GAT (discount!). But. I'm stuck b/c I don't want to pull up to the GCH on a bus.

Stupid stupid stupid....sigh.

And I'm thinking of moving our Minnie's breakfast, too. Also need to check GAT's price to compare it to normal price. See if a voucher is a better idea.
Well, I could recommend a great limo. $85 LAX to The Grand. Not bad really. Maybe you deserve a little splurge

I wonder some times if they have a statistic on how many times the average guest changes the PS. I know I usually change each one at least once and usually 2 or 3 times

Glad to hear of your improvement in health
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #153
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Looks like we'll be able to make that plane. He's doing very very well today. That reminds me, I need to get the round of vitamin C etc going...trying to perk myself up with an Emergen-C and a dropper of echinacea...

Now that I have handy dandy transfer pictures (thanks!), I need to figure out light vs dark transfers, and either find some shirts or run to Michaels, etc, for the iron on stuff and shirts. busy busy.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #154
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

Oh... I am so excited for you!! I'm glad to hear that you and E are doing better. I'm sure your travel plans will work out nicely. I can't wait to see the pics when you come back!

You must be so excited... only three days left!

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #155
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

In the moments I allow myself to think about "we're actually going!", I vacillate between "omg we're going!" and "augh, I have to get us ready....".

I'm making a list or four *right now*.

Oh, and reading your trip report.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 10-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #156
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I wonder if Space Mtn Ghost Galaxy is allowing Rider Switch with kids that are tall enough, but not mature enough to deal with the extra frightening images....could make quite the difference in our mornings!

Just switched Minnie's to Sunday, and now we'll do a b'day dinner at Cafe Orleans.

I realized that Monday is the PERFECT day to open up DCA, but I had us over at Minnie's at 10! Even if I moved us to the earliest seating (which would have been 7:40) we'd have had to book over to DCA to get there for opening. Plus, being in DL already and needing to go to DCA without riding anything at DL might not work for, oh, various elements of my family.

So Monday will see us bright and early at DCA; I might even spend some early early time at Sephora, if they are still offering that Resort Guest makeover thingie (pay for a giftcard, get a makeover for "free"). Of course...having a makeover on the day we'll be all over Grizzly is, well, not the brightest idea ever, but oh well.

Solid day on Monday to enjoy DCA, then a dinner at 6 in NOS, and perhaps we'll see Fantasmic. I know, what???? We didn't, so much, enjoy it before. But DS heard about it, and says he'd like to see the dragon. So, I'll read up on the light tower trick, and maybe we'll be able to see it.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:05 PM   #157
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

Quote:
In the moments I allow myself to think about "we're actually going!", I vacillate between "omg we're going!" and "augh, I have to get us ready....".

I'm making a list or four *right now*.

Oh, and reading your trip report.
I hope you are enjoying it... Please leave me some comment love if you did.

Quote:
I wonder if Space Mtn Ghost Galaxy is allowing Rider Switch with kids that are tall enough, but not mature enough to deal with the extra frightening images....could make quite the difference in our mornings!

Just switched Minnie's to Sunday, and now we'll do a b'day dinner at Cafe Orleans.

I realized that Monday is the PERFECT day to open up DCA, but I had us over at Minnie's at 10! Even if I moved us to the earliest seating (which would have been 7:40) we'd have had to book over to DCA to get there for opening. Plus, being in DL already and needing to go to DCA without riding anything at DL might not work for, oh, various elements of my family.

So Monday will see us bright and early at DCA; I might even spend some early early time at Sephora, if they are still offering that Resort Guest makeover thingie (pay for a giftcard, get a makeover for "free"). Of course...having a makeover on the day we'll be all over Grizzly is, well, not the brightest idea ever, but oh well.

Solid day on Monday to enjoy DCA, then a dinner at 6 in NOS, and perhaps we'll see Fantasmic. I know, what???? We didn't, so much, enjoy it before. But DS heard about it, and says he'd like to see the dragon. So, I'll read up on the light tower trick, and maybe we'll be able to see it.

They might allow a switch. I don't see why not. I'm sure if you explain it to the CM they would be cool with it. I'm sure E will be ready soon. He seems like such a bright little guy. I can sympathize though. When I was his age, I made it very difficult for my parents to enjoy a disney park, since there was so much I was terrified of.

Good choice for a B-day dinner. I love Cafe Orleans, and I was thinking of doing it for a b-day meal as well when I go in Jan.

It is probably way too late for E, but when we where there in Sept, we walked over to the the second light tower as the fireworks were playing and grabbed an amazing spot (dead center, front row) for the 10:30 show of F!. I thought this might help.

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
Old 10-07-2009, 04:22 PM   #158
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Since you were just there, and rode SMGG a few times, when the line was long was it coming out of the ramp? The biggest problem with Space for us has been that E won't even go up that ramp. So if the CMs were down further b/c the line was crazy, it's more possible.

That pesky bit about having to show the kid for kid swap you know.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 PM   #159
JustAKid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Since you were just there, and rode SMGG a few times, when the line was long was it coming out of the ramp? The biggest problem with Space for us has been that E won't even go up that ramp. So if the CMs were down further b/c the line was crazy, it's more possible.

Ugh! The catch-22 that is kids! I bites the dust HOPING for a long line. But at least you'll get to go at all, right? I'm SO glad that everyone is feeling better. I was keeping my fingers crossed. I would have been heart broken for you had you been SO close to going, but then not able.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenDoOver View Post
Well, I could recommend a great limo. $85 LAX to The Grand. Not bad really. Maybe you deserve a little splurge
Wow! I've been researching limo rides. They're expensive. This isn't bad! What company is this through?
Old 10-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #160
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

Quote:

Yeah... I do understand. The line only made it down to the bottom of the ramp on the first night I was there. Keep in mind that was opening night. The rest of the time the line was worse than a normal space mountain, but not down the ramp. There are 2 CM's up by the entrance to the fastpasses and the queues though.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #161
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

LOL, I feel like a traitor hoping the line is down the ramp.

Augh, I gotta get out to the stores! And bank. Must swap money over to Chase so I can either use the ATMs or the silly rewards debit card we have for this year. And get tshirt transfer paper and maybe some self-laminate stuff. And maybe a tshirt.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #162
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Oh Molly I am so glad that everyone is better. Good luck on those llong lines for SM.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #163
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Banking done.
Bought light and dark tshirt transfers.
Bought a few cheap tshirts.
Bought...some more glow sticks.
Bought a black, cheap, little tote bag to put a Jack transfer on so I can be sort of matchy with the guys.

Now E and I would like a nap. OK, he'd never admit that, but I can tell.

Printed "golden ticket" for b'day.
Printed coupons for various offsite seatac parking lots.
Prepacking started.
Have another spot for various organizational items.
Wondering if we could get away with glowsticks in the carryons....

Old 10-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #164
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Quote:
I've gotten sick WAY too many times the last few years. I forget about it in between, but it's starting to really come to my attention how often I get sick.

This is no good. Gotta figure this out.

I wasn't getting sick a lot - but had some really bad fatigue and issues with sleeping - just couldn't seem to do it well. I have a friend who uses Dr. Christopher's herbs and swears by them. She recommended the Adrenal Formula. It is FAB. I sleep better, deeper, longer and I don't fade in the middle of the afternoon and feel like I need a nap. My energy level is much higher and I feel like I get more stuff done. I actually feel motivated to do something.

This link takes you to the regular Dr. Christopher's site - but I've been somewhere where there was a description of each product and it was in this big long list. I can't find it now - but I'll look around and see if I can find it.

It's nice to hear that E is feeling better and so are you and I can't imagine having to cancel my trip when you are so close - here's hoping you can make it and have a great time.

I would totally take the stroller - I still use our double jogger for our 7 yr old. But I kick him out of it regularly. There is no way our 5 yr old would make it without a stroller.

ETA: found the list I was looking for - here

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends

Last edited by Brady's Mom; 10-07-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #165
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Okay - tshirt transfers. Use the light transfers on white t-shirts ONLY. Any color that the tshirt is will show through the light transfers. If you have white in your design and you have a colored shirt the white will show up as the sirt color. Light transfers is a misnomer to me. I am pretty sure the picture has to be reversed when you print it.

Use the dark transfers for any shirt other than white. (You can use them for white, too) They turn out looking pretty good. Although I don't like the transfers I got from Michaels. I liked the HP transfers a LOT better. But, you have run out of time for those, I ordered mine from the HP site. I think you can get them at Staples.??? But, I'm not sure.

Don't expect the shirt to last any longer than one trip. The transfers get sort of yucky looking after you wash them. They get sort of cracked and weird looking. But, they are really cool for the trip. Turns out my light transfers on white shirts lasted much longer than my dark transfers on colored shirts.

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: