Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Back from Wonderland:wAlice,Madhatter,ChesCat&White Rabbit 11/11Thank You

Welcome to Back from Wonderland: A Trip Report with Alice, the Madhatter, the Cheshire Cat and the White Rabbit...

I'll get right back to the writing after a short break to grab a cup of coffee...

(back in a jiffy...)

Back from Wonderland Index:

Introducing the Cast of Characters
Melting & Merriment in NYC - Day 1
Radio City Music Hall - Day 1
Walking Through Times Square - Day 1
A Magical Check In - Day 2
Lightsabers and Legos; DTD - Day 2
The Magic Kingdom really is Magic - Day 3, part 1
The Magic Kingdom really is Magic - Day 3, part 2
Making ears, AKL love & Jiko - Day 3, part 3
Seeing Donald, Smelling Bacon - AK - Day 4, part 1
Expedition Everest & Balou - AK - Day 4, part2
Dinos, Bugs & Tigers - AK - Day 4, part 3
Dinos, Bugs & Tigers - AK - Day 4, part 4
Epcot - Day 5, part 1
Test Track, Tears & World Showcase - Epcot - Day 5, part 2
A Brief Intermission and Short Romantic Interlude
Chefs de France & a Wet Japan - Epcot - Day 5, part 3
Toy Story Mania is Magic - D Studios - Day 6, part 1
Channeling the Force - D Studios - Day 6, part 2
Star Tours & Sci Fi Diner - D Studios - Day 6, part 3
Movies, Meeting Prince Caspian & Learning to Draw Pluto - D Studios - Day 6, part 4

For those of you who have not wandered down the hole into my PTR here is the link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2232160

Last edited by PracPerfPatricia; 11-11-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

I'm subscribing!
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am so here! I have my cup of Rwandan coffee (very good limited edition bagged coffee from Starbucks) and am ready to read all about your great adventures at our favorite resort!

By the way, welcome home! I missed you! I have been dying to tell you that I ordered the Star Wars fandex for Connor's birthday in September and just finished a book that you might like -- Baking Cakes in Kigali by Gaile Parkin!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 AM   #4
hhockman
DIS Veteran

You're BACK! I can't believe you're back already!

Wow. That week seemed to go fast for me. It must have flown by for you!

Can't wait to hear all about it. Drag it out, will you? I've still got 3 1/2 weeks left!
Old 08-25-2009, 10:58 AM   #5
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran

I am so looking forward to this report, I really enjoyed your PTR, so reading how everything worked out for you and your family will be fun! And of course I am looking forward to AKL pics!!
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2010 TR 2010 PTR 2011 TR Dining Reviews:2009 2008 2007
From the Sea to the World - Spring 2013 Trip Report - DCL and WDW
Old 08-25-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
I'm subscribing!
Wow-you guys are quick... welcome... to the tr-aprilisis...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am so here! I have my cup of Rwandan coffee (very good limited edition bagged coffee from Starbucks) and am ready to read all about your great adventures at our favorite resort!

By the way, welcome home! I missed you! I have been dying to tell you that I ordered the Star Wars fandex for Connor's birthday in September and just finished a book that you might like -- Baking Cakes in Kigali by Gaile Parkin!
Hey- missed you too-thought about you several times while I was drinking my coffee and reading my book looking out on the savannah...-btw-aren't you at school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
You're BACK! I can't believe you're back already!

Wow. That week seemed to go fast for me. It must have flown by for you!

Can't wait to hear all about it. Drag it out, will you? I've still got 3 1/2 weeks left!
Hello there...It did go by really fast... but we did have an awesome time...don't worry about the dragging it out part...I'm the student who the teacher always tried to encourage to get to the point quicker-Hemingway I am not ...neither for literary merit nor writing style...(would it have killed the man to use some adjectives?)...

Time to put some substance to my opening...
Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #7
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I am so looking forward to this report, I really enjoyed your PTR, so reading how everything worked out for you and your family will be fun! And of course I am looking forward to AKL pics!!
Flossbolna... Welcome-I had checked out your PTR-right before we left and you hadn't written in a bit so I'm glad that you're here...

I have a ton of photos of the AKL-I also convinced the family to do a photo shoot there that you can do with one of the photo pass photographers-you might want to think about it-but I'm getting ahead of myself...
Old 08-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Yahoo, you're back, you're back!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip, lady.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

I'm here, I'm here!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
Old 08-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #11
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

You're back and I'm definitely here for this one! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures down the Rabbit Hole
Old 08-25-2009, 01:13 PM   #12
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

The Cheshire Cat, The White Rabbit, Mad Hatter and Alice outside of Jambo House.

Welcome.

My family and I have officially gone down the Hole into Wonderland and come back out again...

We had a fantastic, fabulously fun, sometimes nutty, occasionally very dramatic and in a few instances perilous adventure... (in other words-our own version of a WDW family vacation.)

An introduction to the cast is in order:

DD, Emily will be assuming the role of Alice. Emily is 14 3/4. She is a great daughter and awesome big sister. She is lovely inside and out. She is a great student, kind hearted, in love with the arts-has little tolerance or patience with rudeness or what she sees as bad manners. She is curious and can tend to be given to bouts of intense drama. She is something of a type A personality and can butt heads with the Mad Hatter.

DS, David will be playing the White Rabbit. David is 7. He is extremely kind, cute, extraordinarily clever & a little bit quirky. (He has Asperger's Syndrome which gives him an interesting take on the world around him.) He is very honest and assumes that others are as well. He has a very robust sense of humor. He can (like the White Rabbit) become nervous about being late to things-and is keen on keeping the group/family together. He adores Alice although as he gets older and asserts his independence can occasionally scuffle with her if he feels she is being overprotective.

My charming if somewhat eccentric husband is the Mad Hatter. At his best he is funny, helpful, protective and caring. He is a great dad and husband. The flip side is that he can be impatient, slightly inflexible and really likes to be in charge of the group-let's just say he really likes to be the one with the map. This can cause occasional issues between Alice and Hatter because they are both type A's unlike Rabbit and I (Cheshire Cat-soon up) and since I'm actually the planner and tend to have more background knowledge-but he likes to have the map and lead...it can lead to some interesting situations...

Finally your humble author is assuming the role of the Cheshire Cat. (I do quite often feel also very much like Alice and much less frequently the Queen of Hearts) I have been told that I smirk a lot-as does Chessie and I truly do try to be helpful even if my advice can sometimes be confusing-my brain sometimes works more quickly than I can get the words out...I believe myself to be compassionate and intelligent. I can be mildly sarcastic and don't tolerate cruelty or ignorance well. I am soft hearted and sentimental however and cry easily when moved.

Well now the cast is in place. Come on down the hole with us...first for a day in NYC and then 6 nights and 7 days at WDW staying in Jambo House at the Animal Kingdom Lodge...visiting all four parks having scads of fun, eating very, very well, experiencing some amazing surprises and a few problems (including some pretty intense heat) along the way...

So fasten your seat belts, secure your belongings because here we go down the hole...

Down...

Down...

Down...

Down...

Down...

NEXT UP...FIRST STOP-A DAY IN NEW YORK CITY...

Last edited by PracPerfPatricia; 08-25-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #13
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

WOO HOO! Wonderful introduction to the Cast. I also love that you all had your picture taken with your characters. Very sweet!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #14
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Yahoo, you're back, you're back!! I can't wait to hear all about your trip, lady.

Hey welcome...I'm back...but I am happy to be able to write a trippie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'm here! I'm here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
I'm here, I'm here!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!!!
Thanks-writing the TR takes away some of the pain of leaving...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
You're back and I'm definitely here for this one! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures down the Rabbit Hole
Hi there!I learned something really great from your TR that I put to very good use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
WOO HOO! Wonderful introduction to the Cast. I also love that you all had your picture taken with your characters. Very sweet!
Thanks...I thought the photo idea was cute even if a little corny...it's the Alice statue in Central Park-My character-the Cheshire Cat is the smallest and hardest to see...its above my head...

Thanks everyone for jumping on-it makes the sadness... of leaving DW a little less...I'm going to try to post our New York Day tonight-after I put away all the stuff and get the wash done...(a lot more stuff returned with us than went...)
Old 08-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #15
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

This should be lots of fun!!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: