Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
dizct
Mouseketeer

2010 Trip Booked

So we're trying the POFQ this year. The math behind the decision is straightforward. I cheaped out of the Polynesian yet again, it would be ~$1,300 more than POFQ and that is not chump change for a five night trip. That difference covers our airfare, towncar service to/from MCO, and still leaves a couple hundred $ leftover to cover a carriage ride for DD and other incidentals. Wanted to try Coronado Springs but standard view rooms were not available, suites only so too expensive. No standard rooms available at either POR or CBR, so both more expensive than POFQ. I liked the look of POR better than POFQ, but we can just walk up there for dinner, and the pool too if the weather cooperates. I like the idea of taking the boat to DD for dinner, never been there. Though Capt. Jacks is the only Disney Dining Plan option at DD. WL is another I would like to try and it was just $550 more than POFQ, but it's not on the monorail and we decided to keep costs down as much as possible for '10. Looking forward to trying POFQ and I used feedback from here a lot as part of the decision making process.
2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, 2006 - Contemporary Resort, 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2008 - Beach Club Resort, 2009 - Contemporary Resort, 2009 - Disney Marathon, 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter, 2011 - Polynesian, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, Aug 2014 - Grand Floridian
dizct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
katieam1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizct View Post
So we're trying the POFQ this year. The math behind the decision is straightforward. I cheaped out of the Polynesian yet again, it would be ~$1,300 more than POFQ and that is not chump change for a five night trip. That difference covers our airfare, towncar service to/from MCO, and still leaves a couple hundred $ leftover to cover a carriage ride for DD and other incidentals. Wanted to try Coronado Springs but standard view rooms were not available, suites only so too expensive. No standard rooms available at either POR or CBR, so both more expensive than POFQ. I liked the look of POR better than POFQ, but we can just walk up there for dinner, and the pool too if the weather cooperates. I like the idea of taking the boat to DD for dinner, never been there. Though Capt. Jacks is the only Disney Dining Plan option at DD. WL is another I would like to try and it was just $550 more than POFQ, but it's not on the monorail and we decided to keep costs down as much as possible for '10. Looking forward to trying POFQ and I used feedback from here a lot as part of the decision making process.
We just got back from French Quarters and it is now one of my favorites. I have stayed at POR Riverside, CBR and POP before this and was happy to try something new and I was 100% happy we tried it. It is a beautiful place. We had a room that we could look out and see the river which was so nice. It was quiet and clean and I will 100% be going back. I can not say enough good things about it. We really enjoyed our stay for sure. I did twist my ankle while I was there but that was my own clumsy doing but that was the only negative we had our whole trip. We were on Deluxe Dining so I can not really tell you how the food court is but we did order a pizza one night for our kids and it was good.

katieam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #3
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

We stayed at POFQ this passed April. It was an absolutely beautiful, romantic, well-kept, tranquil resort. We really enjoyed it. We had a standard view room but no complaints! There were so many trees and beautiful courtyards that it'd be rare to have a view of the boring parking lot If you want to read more about our stay, check out my review in my signature.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: