Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
pantherlj
DIS Veteran

Will call vs printing out tickets

Looks like my choices for US/IOA $99 passes are will call or print - any difference with them? With the printed tickets can I just get right in? Trying to avoid long lines on the first day - which ticket is best

And why in the world do they charge a process fee for me to print them on my own printer?!
pantherlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherlj View Post
Looks like my choices for US/IOA $99 passes are will call or print - any difference with them? With the printed tickets can I just get right in? Trying to avoid long lines on the first day - which ticket is best

And why in the world do they charge a process fee for me to print them on my own printer?!
The print at home tickets would be a sheet of paper which a lot of people don't like to carry around. The Will Call tickets will be the regular sized tickets. If you went with the Will Call tickets, you would have to wait in the lines outside the park to get the tickets and then go to the gate. Print at home would allow you to go right in. I would get the electronic pickup option myself. You would need your confirmation # and the credit card used. You simply go to the electronic kiosk outside of either park and enter the information. There is rarely a line and the regular sized tickets will print out right there and you're off.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #3
FormatAmerica
Earning My Ears

Voted will call, the stations are rarely occupied to the point where a line forms.
FormatAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #4
GreyStr0ke
DIS Veteran

I think the options for picking up tickets include print at home or Will Call Kiosk. The Will Call Kiosk are the electronic ticket booths which usually never have a line.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
The print at home tickets would be a sheet of paper which a lot of people don't like to carry around. The Will Call tickets will be the regular sized tickets. If you went with the Will Call tickets, you would have to wait in the lines outside the park to get the tickets and then go to the gate. Print at home would allow you to go right in. I would get the electronic pickup option myself. You would need your confirmation # and the credit card used. You simply go to the electronic kiosk outside of either park and enter the information. There is rarely a line and the regular sized tickets will print out right there and you're off.
This is the way to go.. we have done it this way.. it rocks!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Coach81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
pantherlj
DIS Veteran

I didn't know anything about the electronic option! Thanks, placed my order for tickets today.

I am getting really excited. We are at 30 days out now! Just paid off the condo, ordered the water park tickets and now ordered the US/IOA tickets.

Can't wait!
pantherlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
inkkognito
I shall call him Mini-Me
I fart cigarette-scented farts!

I love the electronic kiosk option. We did it last year several times with HHN Express passes.
inkkognito is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: