Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2009, 01:53 PM   #91
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Yaaaay!!!! I am so excited to read more! You girls seem like so much fun! I hope you had a few cocktails for me.

Old 10-05-2009, 02:42 PM   #92
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Hey!! MCO airport is my favorite! Love it!!!! That's a cute picture of you!

Your food looked good.. Port Royale is a great food court.

That stinks about your room not being ready on time. Looks like you guys had a Nemo room. It would have been cool if they put you in the pirate themed rooms. They look cool.

Can't wait to hear what you girls did next.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #93
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Great start! Can't wait for more.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #94
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

I cannot wait to hear about your adventures !

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
Old 10-06-2009, 02:01 AM   #95
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Hi tink! I've been waiting for this TR. You're off to a good start, I can't wait to read more.

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
Old 10-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #96
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Yay!! You started your TR!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!! Good start so far!!

Old 10-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #97
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
Better late than never! Safe travels to you! Everything looks great! I can't wait for your return and your TR to follow!
Have tons of fun!!!
Thanks so much and to the trip report! We really did have a great time together. I hope you enjoy reading it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Hi,
Your moved to our regular board.
Hope you had a great time.

I wish I would of seen this sooner and told you to have your friends to DME, but i am sure you are way to excited to see them. I just know girls and luggage and ours barely fit into a Towncar that we used when we went on our cruise. The driver actually told me he had to drive slow, because the trunk was so heavy. That was the lamest line I ever heard.

Looking forward to your report when you return.
Thank you OhMari. I appreciate your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Awww, well I guess I'm checking in a little to late to see you off, but if you do check the boards again - hope you have a great time, and make all those rope drops! I'm trying to get the ball rolling on a girlfriends trip myself, so I can't wait to hear how yours goes
Better late than never! It was totally worth doing a girls trip to wdw. You'll have to wait to hear about how many rope drops we made though

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Oh my goodness, I can't believe I've been gone so long that I missed seeing you off for your trip. I hope you had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to read about it!
Hey Deanna, its great to hear from you again! I'm glad things have settled down a little w/ you and you're back on the boards. We missed you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Hey Tink!!! loving the start of your TR!!! I am so jealous of you right now!!! France in a few days!!! And Disney!!! Lucky duck!!!

I have to say, I totally agree with you about the airport in Orlando! It's my favorite and one of the nicest I been in! Can't wait to read more!!!
Hi Reese! I'm still really disappointed that we never met up at MNSSHP that would have been so fun....and as you'll read later, I could've used a pick me up around that time!

The crazy part about the France trip is that I really haven't had time to get excited about it b/c I was so busy planning this Disney trip. Oh well, c'est la vie I guess! That's French lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
Yaaaay!!!! I am so excited to read more! You girls seem like so much fun! I hope you had a few cocktails for me.

Actually Heather I'm glad you picked up on it because we are so much fun. It's about time you noticed lol!! We had plenty of cocktails but I never did get that grey goose slushie...blame that on the margaritas though more on that later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Hi! Can't wait till you start your TR!!!! Looking forward to it. Glad you all had a great time, and yes it is important to remember the good things, and forget the bad things!

Hey!! MCO airport is my favorite! Love it!!!! That's a cute picture of you!

Your food looked good.. Port Royale is a great food court.

That stinks about your room not being ready on time. Looks like you guys had a Nemo room. It would have been cool if they put you in the pirate themed rooms. They look cool.

Can't wait to hear what you girls did next.
Hi Lynnie! Yeah, whatever little negative parts there were to this vacation are slipping away...I guess that's why we don't take pictures of the bad stuff

That cupcake at lunch was soooo good. I seriously have been craving another one since. I actually had another one on the day after the trip ended b/c I brought one home, but I mean that I have been craving one since then, um, yeah.

I like those pirate rooms too, they really did some cool theming with those. I think my husband would like to stay in one sometime.

I'm going to add another update right after this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Great start! Can't wait for more.
Thanks Sarah! I have about a week to get this TR done so it's going to keep on coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
I cannot wait to hear about your adventures !
Stay tuned...I have an update to post tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaddicted View Post
Hi tink! I've been waiting for this TR. You're off to a good start, I can't wait to read more.
Thanks Ty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Yay!! You started your TR!! I can't wait to read all about your trip!! Good start so far!!
Thanks Angie! 4 days is so little time to spend in Disney, we did the best we could!
Old 10-06-2009, 09:52 PM   #98
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Day 1 Part 2

DAY 1 Part 2

Pool and Cocktails…ahhh this is the life!

The weather was still really warm out (a theme for our entire trip lol) so after everyone got settled we decided to make some drinks and head out to the pool.

I had brought some Bacardi and 2 bottled mixers from home for this very occasion, so I hopped down to the ice machine and we started making our drinks which involved getting ice, pouring in the rum, adding the mixer and then pouring it between 2 plastic cups, I’m sorry but we’re just classy broads! We can’t help but ooze sophistication!

Drinks in hand we walked to the pool. We decided to go to the Jamaica village pool because Old Port Royale just seemed kind of far at the time. Now if we knew that the Jamaica village pool was actually a decent hike from our building things might have been different lol

We laid out on the plastic chairs for about 8 minutes before burning up and getting into the water. We talked and hung out there for a while and then decided that we should go back to our rooms to shower and get ready for dinner.

Sorry no more pool pictures, but that's not the kind of image I want floating around the internet thank you very much!

Let’s go to the Poly!

The plan was to head to the Polynesian to get a pre-dinner drink and watch the fireworks from the Poly beach and then go get dinner at O’hana.

We entered the Poly and there were lots of oooh’s and ahhh’s from my group, the waterfall at the front of the Great Ceremonial House is pretty impressive.

We stopped at the gift shop in the lobby and picked up a disposable camera for Ariel (which by the way took amazing pictures for a disposable!) I lead everyone upstairs and through a HUGE crowd.

I guess this is what they mean by crowds during free dining! It was a madhouse in there! People standing up, sitting, just taking up whatever space was available…and the line to check in at O’hana, wow!

We headed towards the bar and lucked out to find 4 chairs available. We checked out the menu & ordered our drinks – wine for Jasmine, wine for Belle, a dirty martini for Ariel and a Pina Colava for me.

I know our drink order is disappointing considering what they have at the Poly, but to be fair, the drink menus were really standardized & didn’t even have the Lapu Lapu or Backscratcher on them. I don’t know what the deal is at the wdw bars, but it seems like they’re going to more of a blah bar menu.

All of the menus were the same at every resort we went to….I hope they’re not taking away the old favorites. Also I was driving so I couldn’t order anything w/ too much alcohol (another theme on this trip unfortunately!)

After we paid for our drinks I said we should mosey on down to the beach for Wishes. Since my friends all live in the northeast, they were a little scared of bringing their drinks down to the beach because they didn’t know if it was allowed.

But I assured them that this is Disney and they’ll do almost anything to keep guests happy here, including letting them take their (gasp!) alcohol down to the beach.

This is the way Wishes should be seen

At the beach we took off our shoes & put our feet in the sand. I know that it isn’t a real beach, but the sand at the Poly is so nice, you really do feel like you’re in a tropical paradise……..um, until you see the Grand Floridian and the castle I guess! It sure was nice down there. I would totally go watch Wishes at the Poly beach again.

Ariel and Jasmine got another round at the pool bar and when they came back it was time for Wishes.

They pipe the music in so it really is lovely. Jasmine was really impressed with how long and elaborate the show was. I was just so happy to be there, it was awesome!

Off to O’hana

As soon as Wishes was over we went back up to the Great Ceremonial House for our O’hana dinner. By now the crowd had really cleared out and I didn’t even have to wait to check us in.

After about 15 minutes and another round of drinks (but not for me, I’m the driver!) we were seated. I should say that it was about 8:40 at this point so we were ready to eat right away.

Our waitress came and took our drink orders (just tea and water this time lol) and then the salad, potstickers and wings came. They were all really good. We ordered more potstickers, I swear they give you the same amount whether you’re a table of 2 or a table of 4.

And after the appetizery part it was a long long time until they came with the turkey and pork loin. Then it was another long time until they brought the meat sauces. And then it was another long long long time until the shrimp and steak came.

I’ve been to O’hana before and I know the service isn’t the best, but this was the worst service I’ve ever had there. We almost left without the famous bread pudding because we were all falling asleep at the table. It was 10:30 before we left!

We all agreed that the service was super slow but the food was great. Everyone really liked the steak, the potstickers and the dessert the most, except for Ariel, she doesn’t eat dessert (crazy I know, but I eat her portion! no joke, I really do ) Belle was still talking about the bread pudding at the end of the trip.

Hey, where is our hotel?

We dragged our tired behinds to the car and then I started driving home. But hey, this doesn’t seem right, that’s the Contemporary there!

Yes I went the wrong way out of the Poly and ended up at the Contemporary, uh-oh! The guard at the Contemporary steered me in the right direction and we made it home. I’m sorry to say that this was only the beginning of my driving mishaps on this trip.

I just never realized how hard it is to navigate around the wdw property! My husband usually drives there so I never pay attention I guess, but man I was worse than a student driver in there! Even when I looked at the map before leaving I still got lost a bunch of times when we were there. But I think by the end of the trip I was getting the hang of it lol!

That’s all for our first day. Stay tuned for the next update when we take Epcot by storm….can we convince Belle (who is afraid of heights and pretty much all thrill rides) to ride Soarin? Wait and see!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #99
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

Oh, how fun !
I would love to do disney with my friends !
But, we usually just go to Vegas . And, we always get lost while driving also !
I'm not a gamblin' kinda gal, I'm a Mickey kind of gal !!
Maybe, when all our kids are older, and wouldn't give us the guilt trip.
Someday.....................
Oh, I bet there was alot of laughing and giggling going on !!!
Can't wait for more.......................

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
Old 10-06-2009, 10:42 PM   #100
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Great update Tink!

I'm glad that you girls had good weather. I was in Maryland at the same time and I swear it was just as cold as it is in Pittsburgh. Especially by the ocean, the sun was out - but when that wind was going it was COLD!

And I don't know if this applies to your slow service at O'hana situation- or if it was just a one time thing.... But when my DH and I were eating at O'hana on our honeymoon in 2008 - we were there for Wishes also. The service was pretty slow, but what killed us was at the end of the night when we were getting ready to leave, our server actually said to us "Do you guys mind hanging out for a little while longer? We still have a half hour until we close and if they clear this table now - I'll never get out of here because they will seat someone else"

Us being the blushing, glowing newlyweds that we were back then said 'Sure! Why not!' But, after the fact we were so exhausted and barely found transportation back to POR because it was so late.

So, maybe because it was so late was why they *slowed down a bit* because they didn't want to get another table.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 PM   #101
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Your first day sounds like a blast! I love classy girls that know how to work a mixed drink in a hurry!

I am a little disappointed to hear about the slow service at O'Hana as we have ressies there in December , which also happens to be "free dining" ...
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 10-07-2009, 12:34 PM   #102
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

So loving your report!!! What a way to spend time with friends!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #103
MouseKTeer
back to reality

Just now coming aboard and enjoying your report!

Wow, first a trip to WDW and then to France? Girl, you must be livin' right! Would love to hear about that trip too--France is about my favorite place in the world (besides the US of course)

Don't feel bad about getting lost. I think it must happen to everyone. By the time ya figure things out, the vacation is almost over!

Love how you take Winnie on your trips (he'll go to France, right?). It reminds me of the "Flat Stanley" that gets photographed by people in various places; I think some elementary teachers use it in geography-related assignments.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #104
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Awww the Poly! I miss it there so much. The Great Ceremonial House is pretty neat. Wishes on the beach sounds awesome.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-07-2009, 09:16 PM   #105
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Just found your TR and lovin' it so far!

We watched Wishes from the Poly beach in June and it was beautiful!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: