Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #76
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

You sound like such a good friend. your friends are going to love all the time and effort you put into this trip for them. It's going to be so special.

2 days, actually it's really less then that now. I hope you have the best trip (I'm sure you will) Please let me know once you have started your TR, I am all about that read.

Have fun and be safe!!! My prayers will be with you on your drive there and back.

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
Old 09-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #77
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Hey tink!!! Heading to the airport in a few hours, just wanted to stop by and say have a safe trip!!! hopefully we will run into each other on Friday!!!
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #78
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww I love Animal Kingdom! Expedition Everest is awesome so hopefully Belle will like it.
Yeah, I've talked her through the intense parts of the ride, so she'll know what to expect. It's more a mind thing than a stomach thing - she just has some irrational fears about the safety of rides...hopefully she will do ok!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaddicted View Post
You sound like such a good friend. your friends are going to love all the time and effort you put into this trip for them. It's going to be so special.

2 days, actually it's really less then that now. I hope you have the best trip (I'm sure you will) Please let me know once you have started your TR, I am all about that read.

Have fun and be safe!!! My prayers will be with you on your drive there and back.
Thank so much Ty! I try to be a good friend No matter what happens on this trip, we'll all be together so that's what really counts.

I'll be looking you up when we come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Hey tink!!! Heading to the airport in a few hours, just wanted to stop by and say have a safe trip!!! hopefully we will run into each other on Friday!!!
I hope you have a fabulous trip! Best wishes & pixie dust your way!!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #79
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Bye Everyone!

I've taken today off to do the packing and tie up any loose ends. My sweet husband has taken it upon himself to clean and de-hair my car (I love my dog but hair in the glove box, come on! )

I'm giving myself a mani-pedi (I can spend the money on drinks instead right? ) and then it's pack pack pack until it's all done. There's really just a few things left now...I can't believe I'll be driving to WDW tomorrow & seeing my friends - who I actually haven't seen in over a year!

I just want to say goodbye or TTFN (ta ta for now!) to everyone who has been reading. The best part of doing this PTR has been meeting so many of you beautiful and kind hearted disers - you guys are amazing

Thanks everyone & I'll see you when we get back!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:02 PM   #80
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Better late than never! Safe travels to you! Everything looks great! I can't wait for your return and your TR to follow!

Have tons of fun!!!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 09-22-2009, 02:48 PM   #81
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Have a wonderful trip!!!! Can't wait to read all about it when you get back!!!

Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #82
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hi,
Your moved to our regular board.
Hope you had a great time.

I wish I would of seen this sooner and told you to have your friends to DME, but i am sure you are way to excited to see them. I just know girls and luggage and ours barely fit into a Towncar that we used when we went on our cruise. The driver actually told me he had to drive slow, because the trunk was so heavy. That was the lamest line I ever heard.

Looking forward to your report when you return.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #83
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Hey girl! Have a wonderful time. I'm looking forward to hearing about all the fun you girls have!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #84
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Awww, well I guess I'm checking in a little to late to see you off, but if you do check the boards again - hope you have a great time, and make all those rope drops! I'm trying to get the ball rolling on a girlfriends trip myself, so I can't wait to hear how yours goes
Old 09-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #85
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Back in town!

Hi everyone!!!

We're back in town and I'm busy catching up on work and unpacking, but I will get this TR going real soon I promise!

Thanks for all of the well-wishes, the trip had some good times and not-so-good times as you'll see, but I think we'll just remember the good ones It was awesome for us all to get together & Disney was amazing as always.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #86
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, I can't believe I've been gone so long that I missed seeing you off for your trip. I hope you had a wonderful trip and I can't wait to read about it!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:26 AM   #87
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Hi! Can't wait till you start your TR!!!! Looking forward to it. Glad you all had a great time, and yes it is important to remember the good things, and forget the bad things!
Old 10-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #88
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

I'm ready when you are!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #89
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Day 1 - Here we go! Off to Neverland!

Okay, so I'm finally going to start the TR after about a week of being back home.

To those of you who are new, I hope you enjoy our trip! To read more about all of the participants & our background, check on page 1 of this thread.

I have to say that I did experience a little Disney withdrawal after the trip, so that's why it took me so long to post Also, I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but I am going on vacation to France on Oct 16th...so I've been working overtime - nights, weekends - until I go b/c that's coming up soon.

Sly me, I managed to book a night in Disney the day before that trip too, so I'll be staying at the All Star Sports on Oct 15th...fun times. But now back to the subject at hand!

So let's get started shall we?

And your Disney quote of the day...

"Here we gooooooo! Off to Neverland!"

DAY 1 Part 1

7:00 a.m. - I leave my house in Sarasota for the airport in Orlando

I got up around 6:00 that morning to get ready and put everything in the car before leaving at 7:00. So I did my makeup and hugged my husband and doggie goodbye and I was off!

To help me wake up and get into the mood, I listened to the High School Musical 3 soundtrack It was smooth sailin' until I got on the freeway and then, oh crap, there is an accident, one lane is closed and the traffic is bumper to bumper

There's not a lot of traffic in my city, so luckily I don't have road rage lol, but I was a little ticked when I realized that if I had just chosen a later freeway entrance I could have bypassed all of that traffic!

After my little slowdown I just set the cruise control and before I knew it I was seeing signs for Disney!!! But I couldn't go there just yet...I had to pick up my friends first!

I took 417 to the airport which is a really easy way to go (FYI) but is a little expensive w/ all of the tolls.

I got to the airport, parked and then waited for my friends to arrive.

I really like the MCO airport. It's so pretty w/ the atrium and fountains, and I even saw some birds in there.

Of course I saw the Disney store and had to go in there to pass some time.

And then finally I saw my friends coming down the hallway! Sorry no pictures of that, I was just busy hugging everyone!

We picked up the luggage and then hopped in the car to head to Disney. It was about a 20 minute drive before we got to the resort.

During the drive I explained things like Fastpass and the dining plan to everyone.

Arrive at the Caribbean Beach Resort

We checked in at the security point and then drove to the Customs House.

I didn't do online check in b/c we had a bunch of room requests - adjoining, Jamaica, 2nd floor - and I wasn't sure if they would go through w/ the online deal.

We got in line for regular check in and...........20 minutes later we were able to check in. There was only 1 family in front of us in line but there was only like 1 CM working w/ the regular check in folks. This was not a good way to start, but we all tried to keep a smile on while we waited anyway.

Off to Old Port Royale for some lunch

By the time we checked in it was about 1:00, so we were starved! Our rooms weren't ready yet (they said they would text us) so we headed to the food court at Old Port Royale.

I love this food court! They have so many options and everything just tastes fresh. And it looks so cute w/ all of the pastel colored facades.

We split up b/c Ariel and Belle wanted pizza and Jasmine and I wanted sandwiches. We all got our stuff and picked a quiet table in the right hand side of the food court.

I got a turkey blt w/ pasta salad, tea to drink (they have the coolest tea dispensers!) and a HUGE vanilla cupcake. The sandwich was delicious and the cupcake was AMAZING! I've been dreaming about it ever since.

Jasmine had a Beef & Blue sandwich on ciabatta w/ jerk potato chips that she really liked. She had a cookie for dessert that was really good too.

Ariel and Belle ended up having chicken nuggets & fries and both were being "good" so they got fruit for dessert.

After lunch we walked around the Old Port Royale area and we got a text saying that one of our rooms was ready so we headed over to Jamaica.

We got into our rooms, or should I say room?

Mine and Belle's room was ready so we all crashed in there. We got a corner room on the 2nd floor so it was really nice. I like the extra windows.

I heard that rooms are "supposed" to be ready by 3:00 so around 2:30, Ariel checked to see if the room next door was ready. She could open the door but there was still a mess in there.

Finally around 3:05 the room was ready...not sure what they were doing over there since our room next door was ready about 2 hours before but whatever.

They got settled in and unpacked and then we talked about what we should do for the rest of the afternoon.

What did we end up doing and how did our night go?
More on that in the next update!
Old 10-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #90
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Hey Tink!!! loving the start of your TR!!! I am so jealous of you right now!!! France in a few days!!! And Disney!!! Lucky duck!!!

I have to say, I totally agree with you about the airport in Orlando! It's my favorite and one of the nicest I been in! Can't wait to read more!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: