Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Hey!!! AWW I'm so in!! This is going to be such a fun TR to read!! You and your friends are all beautiful!!

You have awesome ADRS!! You girs will love The Wave. It's awesome!!!

YAY you leave in less than a month!!! I bet you girls are thrilled!
You are too sweet you little Ariel lookalike you!

Now I know just one of the places where I've seen your posts...you did a dining report for the Wave right? I read it & it helped me decide to go there. Belle is probably most excited about the Wave, she's really into organic food and stuff like that.

We are SUPER excited now...it took the other girls a little longer than me of course, but its so close now that they are starting to catch a little of my pre-trip excitement.

Seriously, when I look at my countdown ticker I get so excited I could pee my pants....then I remember I was potty trained about 27 years ago and I go to the restroom like a nice young lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Oh I had some drink at Ohana that was AMAZING!!! I forget the name of it, but this is what it looked like

It was just really really good!! Really fruity. I know it had a not so Disney name. Something with screw in it, LOL! The server told me that they had to name it something disney friendly, lol! I just forget.
That does look good! So are you saying that I should just ask the bartender for a screw or something?? Hmmm, maybe I should just print out the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
Yaaay! Subscribing! I rarely read TR's - but this one seems right up my alley.

It must be so fun to have friends that share your disney love. My friends all know me as the 'Disney freak' too.

But not in an endearing way. Whatev.

That pic of the CBR pool is gorgeous! I think we may stay there again during our next trip in Oct/Nov next year

Oh, and yes. If you haven't ever had a Lapu Lapu. Please do it! Seriously!! They are soooo good.

BEWARE - you will be on the floor after 2. Looking like this guy - - - >
Heather, thanks for going against all of your natural instincts and signing on! I hope we don't disappoint you!

Yeah, I wouldn't exactly say that they love Disney quite the way I do, but they do trust me enough to make the vacation plans pretty much every time we get together....which again I don't mind since I do like the power he he he

Belle is probably the one who likes Disney almost as much as me, but really I think that with the plans we have, they will all be begging to do it again next year by the time I'm done w/ them!

I've stayed at the CBR before (more on that later) and I like it a lot. People complain that its "too big" but I don't mind a 5-7 minute walk to go get lunch...really it makes me feel better about all of that cake and icecream and pie that I'll eat for dessert.

Ahhhh yes, the infamous Lapu Lapu....I think we'll have to order at least one of these - we're sharing types, so we will probably all have a little of each other's drinks. Lapu Lapu and the Screw-something (lol) are both on the list.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #17
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Priceless!

“Fabulous pool, fabulous splash,
Fabulous parties even fabulous trash,
Fabulous fashion, fabulous bling,
She's got to have fabulous everything”

Ah, yet another Disney quote!
So here are some of the fabulous things that I’ve bought for this trip.

Disney purse - 26 dollars

Glow necklaces for 4 people - 4 dollars

Mickey antennae – 24 dollars

Glitter eyeliner for MNSHHP – 18 dollars

Toilet paper, poptarts, special K bars and a French Martini drink mixer to go w/ rum that I already have – 21 dollars

A trip to Disney with your best friendsPRICELESS!

When I took all this stuff outside to photograph, I think that it’s really sunk in to my husband that I’m taking this trip report very seriously…yes, I’ve taken my Disney crazy to a whole new level now.

Anyway, there are a few more things that I’d like to purchase, maybe another drink mixer, but I have most of the essentials. What do you think?

I’m also dying to buy a new hair straightener for this trip b/c my hair stylist just taught me how to do waves w/ a straightening iron and my current one kind of bites. What I’d really like is one of those beautiful T3 irons, but the $160 price tag is holding me back big time…I mean, me & my husband could eat at O’hana like 2.6 times for that kind of money!

Next update will be our plans for Day two…
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2009, 09:39 PM   #18
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I know, my husband thinks I'm crazy too when I start photographing all my newly bought disney items!! Or when I photograph my food!

I just bought the baby his 1st Winnie the Pooh outfit today and once I got home I took a picture of it.... He just rolled his eyes at me and said "Girls" So check out Jayden's new outfit later, it's so freakin cute... I'll post it later.

I love the mickey headbands you got.... You girls are going to look so cute with them on.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #19
LuvindisCruiser
DIS Veteran

I have been on the "My magical parade" website for the past hour......
I have been having a blast !
I did a couple of different ones, with my husband, the kids, and I.
HILARIOUS !
Thanks for that link, it is so much fun.
I sent a few to friends, they will love it !!!
I cannot wait to hear all your stories from your trip !!!!!
How can you stand that it is SO close..... LUCKY !

(DH) (ME, can't stay off DIS) (DD13) (DS13)Pixie
Our 10yr. old twins take on the World for Spring Break-2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2424485
Old 08-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #20
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I know, my husband thinks I'm crazy too when I start photographing all my newly bought disney items!! Or when I photograph my food!

I just bought the baby his 1st Winnie the Pooh outfit today and once I got home I took a picture of it.... He just rolled his eyes at me and said "Girls" So check out Jayden's new outfit later, it's so freakin cute... I'll post it later.

I love the mickey headbands you got.... You girls are going to look so cute with them on.
Yes indeedy, my husband is like "what are you doing?" About 90% sure that he's considering professional help for my obsession

Awww, love the outfit! That must be one of the most fun things about shopping for the new baby, just imagining him in all of the cute little onesies!

I hope that my friends will wear the mickey headbands. I can just hear Ariel now "but it hurts my head!"....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvindisCruiser View Post
I have been on the "My magical parade" website for the past hour......
I have been having a blast !
I did a couple of different ones, with my husband, the kids, and I.
HILARIOUS !
Thanks for that link, it is so much fun.
I sent a few to friends, they will love it !!!
I cannot wait to hear all your stories from your trip !!!!!
How can you stand that it is SO close..... LUCKY !
You're welcome!! My Magical Parade is sooo fun! I thought about doing another one w/ my husband and my dog...if I do, I'll be sure to post it. There are so many cool things that Disney does to help you get excited about upcoming trips!

I'm just about going off the deep end now! I really cannot wait for this trip to come...the anticipation is killing me
Old 08-29-2009, 03:13 PM   #21
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

And Winnie the Pooh Makes 5!

Okay, so I know I said that I'd be updating w/ our plans for Day 2 of the trip, but ReyasMommy brought up Winnie the Pooh, and so its time that I must tell you about the 5th person who's going on our trip.

The background of the story is that my mother bought be a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal when I was 1 1/2 years old and it was love at first sight

As the years went on, Winnie got a little thinner and somehow lost his signature red t-shirt (don't ask me! my sister probably lost it!) These days poor little Pooh is also missing his lips and his eyebrows are just barely hangin' on...but we've remained inseparable.

Yep through high school and college and marriage and all, my good pal Winnie is still with me.

Some might say that sleeping with a stuffed animal past age 12 is a little weird, but to those I say --- I'm not weird, I'm quirky and that's TOTALLY different!!!

Anyhow, in the past few years, that tubby little cubby has done a fair bit of traveling. Me and my husband have made a little game out of photographing Winnie in different places. *These photos have not been photoshopped, we really are that weird, um, I mean quirky!!

Here's Winnie at the Tower of Pisa in Italy

Winnie at Glacier Bay in Alaska

Chillin on a cruise ship balcony, nice tan buddy

In Santorini Greece

Winnie in Siena Italy (doesn't it kind of look like World Showcase?)

So of course Winnie the Pooh will be going on the Girls Trip!!! I think he'll fit just right in my Disney purse so I can get a pic of him at Spaceship Earth!

Hope my weirdness, uh, quirkiness doesn't turn you guys off...Winnie and me are a package deal
Old 08-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #22
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Tink, loving the report girl!!! Our travel dates are similar and we both have Honda Accords!!

Oh and you are quoting HSM2 I beleive!!!

What parks are you going to what days???

My friend Judy and I have been trying to plan a girls only trip for ages... Everyone always has an excuse, so that's how it ended up being just her, Devon and I going on this trip!!
Old 08-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #23
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Followed you over from my TR and I am in on this one too! This sounds like such an awesome trip.

That quote is definitely HSM2...it's kind of sad, as soon as I saw that I started singing that song in my head.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 08-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #24
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty & the Best View Post
Okay, so I know I said that I'd be updating w/ our plans for Day 2 of the trip, but ReyasMommy brought up Winnie the Pooh, and so its time that I must tell you about the 5th person who's going on our trip.

The background of the story is that my mother bought be a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal when I was 1 1/2 years old and it was love at first sight

As the years went on, Winnie got a little thinner and somehow lost his signature red t-shirt (don't ask me! my sister probably lost it!) These days poor little Pooh is also missing his lips and his eyebrows are just barely hangin' on...but we've remained inseparable.

Yep through high school and college and marriage and all, my good pal Winnie is still with me.

Some might say that sleeping with a stuffed animal past age 12 is a little weird, but to those I say --- I'm not weird, I'm quirky and that's TOTALLY different!!!

Anyhow, in the past few years, that tubby little cubby has done a fair bit of traveling. Me and my husband have made a little game out of photographing Winnie in different places. *These photos have not been photoshopped, we really are that weird, um, I mean quirky!!

Here's Winnie at the Tower of Pisa in Italy

Winnie at Glacier Bay in Alaska

Chillin on a cruise ship balcony, nice tan buddy

In Santorini Greece

Winnie in Siena Italy (doesn't it kind of look like World Showcase?)

So of course Winnie the Pooh will be going on the Girls Trip!!! I think he'll fit just right in my Disney purse so I can get a pic of him at Spaceship Earth!

Hope my weirdness, uh, quirkiness doesn't turn you guys off...Winnie and me are a package deal
AWE!!! That is SO awesome that you're taking Pooh along with you!! And there is NOTHING wrong with being quirky!!

You could probably buy him some really cute disney clothes at a build-a-bear. He might appreciate it! Can't wait to see his pictures from Disney.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:10 PM   #25
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Tink, loving the report girl!!! Our travel dates are similar and we both have Honda Accords!!

Oh and you are quoting HSM2 I beleive!!!

What parks are you going to what days???

My friend Judy and I have been trying to plan a girls only trip for ages... Everyone always has an excuse, so that's how it ended up being just her, Devon and I going on this trip!!
Thanks! You are too sweet!

Yep that was a little Sharpay there...I love HSM!!!

It was hard to get a girls trip together, but I think part of us knows that if we don't do something every year, we might lose touch since we all live in different cities.

So here are my park day plans, I'll be posting more details later:
Wed 9/23- resort
Thurs 9/24- Epcot (I know, I know, MK is a better 1st day 1st time park, but I have my reasons!)
Fri 9/25 - MK and MNSHHP
Sat 9/26 - AK

Are you at any of the same parks on the same days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Followed you over from my TR and I am in on this one too! This sounds like such an awesome trip.

That quote is definitely HSM2...it's kind of sad, as soon as I saw that I started singing that song in my head.
I'm so glad you stopped by!! I know the words to about 90% of the songs from HSM 1, 2 and 3 so really, its not sad, it just means you're one of us The trouble is that NOBODY else I know is into HSM, so I can't share this stuff w/ anyone...they don't know what they're missing really

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
AWE!!! That is SO awesome that you're taking Pooh along with you!! And there is NOTHING wrong with being quirky!!

You could probably buy him some really cute disney clothes at a build-a-bear. He might appreciate it! Can't wait to see his pictures from Disney.
Aren't you sweet to think that Pooh is cute instead of disturbing!!!
Seriously you should have seen my husbands face the first time I brought him to bed w/ me...god bless that man!!!

More updates soon
Old 08-31-2009, 10:07 AM   #26
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! You are too sweet!

Yep that was a little Sharpay there...I love HSM!!!

It was hard to get a girls trip together, but I think part of us knows that if we don't do something every year, we might lose touch since we all live in different cities.

So here are my park day plans, I'll be posting more details later:
Wed 9/23- resort
Thurs 9/24- Epcot (I know, I know, MK is a better 1st day 1st time park, but I have my reasons!)
Fri 9/25 - MK and MNSHHP
Sat 9/26 - AK

Are you at any of the same parks on the same days?

I'm so glad you stopped by!! I know the words to about 90% of the songs from HSM 1, 2 and 3 so really, its not sad, it just means you're one of us The trouble is that NOBODY else I know is into HSM, so I can't share this stuff w/ anyone...they don't know what they're missing really

Aren't you sweet to think that Pooh is cute instead of disturbing!!!
Seriously you should have seen my husbands face the first time I brought him to bed w/ me...god bless that man!!!

More updates soon
Hey Tink!!! Looks like the only days that are about the same is 9/25 when we are at MNSSHP!

Oh, and I love me some HSM too!!! When I was working, I had a huge poster of HSM on my office door, yes I did get made fun of quite often for that!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 PM   #27
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

A Disney cruise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonsDisneyMom View Post
Hey Tink!!! Looks like the only days that are about the same is 9/25 when we are at MNSSHP!

Oh, and I love me some HSM too!!! When I was working, I had a huge poster of HSM on my office door, yes I did get made fun of quite often for that!!
That is too bad...we'll have to keep an eye out for each other - w/ our Mickey sparkly ears we should be easy to spot, you don't usually see them in fours. And I was totally planning on singing "Fabulous" with you! lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to tell everyone that I haven't given up on my PTR or anything, you're still my peeps!! I've just had a busy couple of days and tomorrow I'm going to visit MK at night (hello Spectro!) so I may not post again until Wed....we'll see.

On another shocking coming from waaaay left field note, my husband knocked my socks off the other night by suggesting that we do a 14 day Disney cruise from Port Canaveral to Barcelona Spain in April 2010. It's only $999 per person for 14 days, so that's pretty reasonable for Disney cruises. Anyway, we're not 100% sure, but there's a good chance that we'll be going on that trip!! Very excited about this possibility!!!

Have any of you guys done a Disney cruise? I think it could be really fun.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:37 PM   #28
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Oh sure, just go on to the MK for Spectro. That must be nice. LOL, just kidding!

We've never done one of the cruises but I would LOVE to do that some day. I'm sure they are a blast.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #29
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

OMG I love Winnie!!! So cute!!!!!! Awesome pics!!

Yeah I did a review of The Wave!! You girls will love it.

HAHA I forget the name of the drink. It's driving me crazy. It tastes sooo good. The picture does it no justice. If you like really fruity drinks where you can't taste the alcohol, then it's the drink for you, lol.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #30
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That is too bad...we'll have to keep an eye out for each other - w/ our Mickey sparkly ears we should be easy to spot, you don't usually see them in fours. And I was totally planning on singing "Fabulous" with you! lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to tell everyone that I haven't given up on my PTR or anything, you're still my peeps!! I've just had a busy couple of days and tomorrow I'm going to visit MK at night (hello Spectro!) so I may not post again until Wed....we'll see.

On another shocking coming from waaaay left field note, my husband knocked my socks off the other night by suggesting that we do a 14 day Disney cruise from Port Canaveral to Barcelona Spain in April 2010. It's only $999 per person for 14 days, so that's pretty reasonable for Disney cruises. Anyway, we're not 100% sure, but there's a good chance that we'll be going on that trip!! Very excited about this possibility!!!

Have any of you guys done a Disney cruise? I think it could be really fun.
Absolutely, I will be on the look out for you gals!!! Both me and Judy will have our minnie ears on and Devon will be all done up as a pirate!!

So jealous that you get to go to Mk to see Spectro!!!

How lucky are you to go on a Disney Cruise!!! We have not been on one yet, but I definitely plan to do one in the future that's for sure... I am really holding off doing one b/c I was to cruise on one of the NEW ships!!! Speaking of which, just read on allears.net that they are renovating castaway cay!!! The artists rendision of what they are going to do looks amazing. Apparently it is to be completed next summer!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: