Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 01:43 AM   #136
disneyaddicted
DIS Veteran

Have a great time on oyur trip.

I am so stoked for a Margarita in Mexico, they all sounded delicious, bu tthe Jalapeno one, is it hot?

MK, wow, where were the people?

I am going to remember to not put dirty clothes in a trash bag, I've done that before and have been lucky I guess, what a wierd thing to have happen.

This freezing weather is crampin my style A Dec 2010 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post39318035
][IMG]
Old 11-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #137
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyaddicted View Post
Have a great time on oyur trip.

I am so stoked for a Margarita in Mexico, they all sounded delicious, bu tthe Jalapeno one, is it hot?

MK, wow, where were the people?

I am going to remember to not put dirty clothes in a trash bag, I've done that before and have been lucky I guess, what a wierd thing to have happen.
The Jalepeno one is a little spicy, but is actually pretty refreshing so it's a balanced taste...if you're worried about the spice, maybe you could ask them to do it mild?

--------------------------------

Hey everyone! I'm baaaaaack France was a blast and I ate in a real life place that looks like Chefs de France lol!

I just got back today so I'm going to get settled and then start posting again. I also have a few pics from the disney store in Paris and a hidden mickey from my trip that I'll post.

Can't wait to catch up with all of you!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #138
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Welcome back - glad you enjoyed your trip
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 11-08-2009, 05:42 PM   #139
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

The Wave and MNSSHP

So where I left us was in the room just after Ariel almost lost her clothes. After showers and a good nap (and a run for Jasmine who is crazy btw) we were ready to go to the Wave for dinner.

Let's ride the Wave!

We hopped in the car and drove to the TTC, got on the resort monorail and exited at the Contemporary.

I'd never been in the Contemporary before. It's pretty wild how you take escalators to get to different floors. It took a few minutes for us to figure out where the Wave was, but we found the signs and followed them.

We went here on a recommendation from fellow diser, Lynne, and I was really excited to try it.

We checked in and then went for a drink at the bar, but "BZZZZ!" our pager went off before we ordered our drinks.

We were at a nice table in the main dining area. It is really cool decor at the Wave, very grown up feeling too.

I already knew I wanted the filet, and we all ended up ordering it. Jasmine also ordered an appetizer, but I don't remember it.

We had margaritas and martinis as our drinks - I also tried the rasberry smoothie which was really yum.

And for dessert (always my favorite!) I got the indulgent trio. Here it is!

Party Time!

After we stuffed ourselves, we boarded the monorail for MK and MNSSHP. We arrived around 7ish, so we weren't there for the very start of the party, but no problems there.

I was SO impressed at how they transformed MK into a cute/spooky Halloween-land! I think that just seeing the decor was worth the ticket price to me, it was just awesome!

We started walking around and decided to ride BTMRR again at night. It was really fun......and then the drama begins!

Okay, so I thought that my friends would want to stay until the end of the party right? After all, we're young...and I heard that the 2nd parade is really less crowded than the first. So, I had planned on us seeing the 2nd parade.

It turns out that one of my friends did not want to stay out late and she wanted to see the 1st parade. Okay, that's fine, but what? the 1st parade starts in 10 minutes!

So, we searched for a space, but you know how it goes. We couldn't find anything. Now here's where I become a brat. I did NOT want to see the parade through people. See, I'm pretty short and so unless I can get up front, the parade is kinda ruined for me. And, this is the one thing that I REALLY wanted to see at MNSSHP.

So in an effort to make peace I say, let's skip the parade and ride some rides, and if we want to do it later, we'll do it. That settled it but there was a bit of tension in the air between me and her for the next 30 minutes or so.

After "the discussion" we went off to ride the Haunted Mansion. Again, very cool stuff! I just love how they decorated it and how the cm's were in extra gear, plus the HM is just so fitting for the spooky atmosphere.

Still kind of mad, we went to ride the teacups....and, all of that spinning just makes you giggle! Totally broke the tension and everybody was happy again. I guess you just can't spin in a teacup and be mad at the same time!

Next we went to ride the Astro Orbiters at night b/c that sounded neat. We had to wait a little, but the view was worth it...very cool.

And then we made our way to Main St. to get some sweets at the confectionary and (maybe) head home. We were in there a few minutes when "boom!" we heard the fireworks, so of course we went out to see them.

These were some of the best fireworks I've ever seen and it was really neat to see them from Main St. b/c I usually see the fireworks from other places. They were really amazing & everyone enjoyed them. Jasmine was like "wow! wow!"

At this point, we all talked and it turned out that everyone (except one of us) wanted to stay for the parade. Majority rules, so we sat on the curb and waited about 45 minutes for the parade.

First came the headless horseman. Sorry I have no pictures, my camera was kinda freaking out. And then about 10-15 minutes later, the parade started!

And then my camera told me that the battery was dead! So not a lot of photos from the parade.

One minute after the parade ended, Jasmine said "Get up! Quick! Look behind you!" And I realized that there was a huge hoard of people coming at us!! We hightailed it to the exit as fast as we could without actually running and we got to the monorail & got home without any crowds.

All in all, MNSSHP was very cool. I would totally do it again, but next time w/ my husband and we'd go to ALL of the special parties and stuff.

I'm not sure everyone in my group got the "specialness" of the party. Everybody thought it was cool, but it probably wasn't worth the ticket price for the few special things that we did.

Up next.....Animal Kingdom and our night out on the town!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #140
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Glad you enjoyed the Halloween party! I'm not too big on Halloween but we really enjoyed it when we went. We got such a kick out of seeing some of the costumes people were wearing. Some of them were pretty elaborate!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #141
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Hey girl!! Sounds like you girl had a blast at MNSSHP! I love that parade.

So did you girls like The Wave? Your drinks look so good, as well as the food!!!
Old 11-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #142
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Hey Tink! I was just thinking about you today and wondered when you were going to get back so I could read more!

That's a bummer about one of the ladies not wanting to stay for the party. I know that would happen if I tried to get my friends to come to WDW (in general) with me. I would want them to think it was as awesome as I did and would be pretty upset if they didn't.

At least you had a fun time the rest of the night.

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #143
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Glad you enjoyed the Halloween party! I'm not too big on Halloween but we really enjoyed it when we went. We got such a kick out of seeing some of the costumes people were wearing. Some of them were pretty elaborate!
I love Halloween, but this year I was out of town for the actual holiday, so it was great to celebrate it at the party. I think I'll be going to it next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Hey girl!! Sounds like you girl had a blast at MNSSHP! I love that parade.
So did you girls like The Wave? Your drinks look so good, as well as the food!!!
We loved the Wave! Excellent recommendation Lynnie! Everybody said it was their favorite restaurant of the whole trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusafee1183 View Post
Hey Tink! I was just thinking about you today and wondered when you were going to get back so I could read more!

That's a bummer about one of the ladies not wanting to stay for the party. I know that would happen if I tried to get my friends to come to WDW (in general) with me. I would want them to think it was as awesome as I did and would be pretty upset if they didn't.

At least you had a fun time the rest of the night.

Can't wait to hear more!
Good to hear from you Heather! Now I'm wondering when/if you're going to finish your trip report! It was a really good one, so I hope you'll pick it up again soon

Yeah, you do take that chance when you bring other people into your "happy place"....I realized that we disers are quite a special group - not everyone is a child at heart and not everyone "gets" the disney experience. We disers are unique!

BUT this trip was really 99% wonderful so I can get over a little disagreement about the parade, you know? Its pretty minor in the grand scheme of things...plus I got my way and we saw the parade anyways!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #144
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Oooh I'm so excited about trying The Wave!
Old 11-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #145
MadilynnsMomma

Ohh I want to do MNSSHP next year! And I second the fact that next time you go with you DH!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 11-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #146
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Can't wait to hear more! I am going through *serious* Disney withdrawals this week.

I am used to having a trip within 6 months at this point! I have to wait a year from now to be back.

Old 11-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #147
Beauty & the Best
Its all so magical!

Animal Kingdom - Part 1

Animal Kingdom - Part 1

After pushing everyone along for rope drop every day, this was the day that I said "you guys tell me what time you want to be there." So we decided to wake up around 8:30 and we got to the park around 9:45.

My tour guide days are over!

I also decided to not do any planning on this day...I wanted a day off you know? So I told my friends that they could pick what they wanted to do and I would tell them how to get there.

First we stopped in a shop to look for a t-shirt for Ariel...she wanted a pink Mickey shirt. We didn't find it at this store.

Everybody was really impressed with the theming at AK. I love it too, there are just so many little details!

Jasmine really took the lead and she decided that we should get FP's for Everest first.

Expedition Everest

We headed to Asia and Expedition Everest and the standby line was short so we picked up FP's and then got into the standby line.

At this point you guys know that Belle is a huge chicken on rides, so it was pre-determined that she would use the chicken exit when we got up to the front. We all tried to convince her to do it, but she was not having any of it!

Ariel, Jasmine and me rode in the front two cars of the ride and it was AWESOME! Yeti moved and everything, that is one cool ride!

Maharajah Jungle Trek

Next we wanted to get FP's for Kali River Rapids, but we couldn't get them yet. So we stopped to look at the monkeys/apes/whatever because Ariel loves them.

Then we moved on to the Maharajah Jungle Trek. I love those flying foxes (aka huge bats) that are in there! But I only got pictures of these little guys

Lunch

By this time we could grab FP's for Kali and we were starting to get hungry so we went to Flame Tree BBQ for some lunch.

Yum! This is one of the best CS values for your DDP points in my opinion! Most of us got ribs and we also enjoyed the key lime pie. Just a tip, sit under the shelters where the fans are, it makes a HUGE difference temperature wise.

Next up: Dinosaur, FOTLK and our safari
Old 11-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #148
rusafee1183
DVC Owner Since 2012!

Hey Tink!!! I need some Disney in my life!!!!

I'm ready for AK Part 2!
Old 11-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #149
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I love the Animal Kingdom too. I'm so excited because on our trip in April we're doing the Backstage Safari tour. Can't wait!

Ready for part 2 of your AK day!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #150
MadilynnsMomma

I don't know how I missed the AK update, didn't see it til today! Ready for Part 2, too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: