Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Smile 10 Days of Dining, 5 Days with Gluten Free Options, August 14-22 w/pics.updated 9/6

Okay first a little background info:

Me: totally hooked on Disney, family not so much
DH: will do anything to see me happy
JJ: teenage boy, usually always hungry, will try anything
JH: 11 year old girl, very very picky, we are working on this
TJ: niece who has celiac disease(no wheat, rye, oats, barley) and
is also lactose intolerant, also very picky.

Me, JJ and JH traveled down to Disney world on August 13th. DH and TJ joined us on August 18th. The first 5 days of our reviews will be just me and the kiddos. The last 5 days will be all of us. I have pictures of most our meals and will comment on what we thought of each.

We will have reviews for:
End Zone Food Court Dinner post #8
Endzone Food Court Breakfast post #10
Leaning Palms and Happy Landings (no pics) post #11
Plaza Restaurantpost #12
Wolf Gang Puck Express page 2 post #16
Boma Dinner page 2 post #21
Sci Fi Lunch page 2 post #24
Tutto Italia Dinner page 2 post #26
Coral Reef Lunch page 3 post #35
Chefs De France Dinner page 3 post #37
This will begin the days with gluten free option too
End Zone Lunch page 4 post #46
Whispering Canyon Cafe page 4 post #47
Le Cellier page 4 post #50 and #51
Garden Grill page 4 post #52
Endzone Breakfast and Lunch page 4 post #54 and #56
Mama Melrose's page 4 post #57 and 58
Endzone Breakfast
Cosmic Ray's
Kona
Endzone Breakfast
Flame Tree Barbeque
and a few snacks thrown in here and there.

Last edited by JJ&JHsmom; 09-06-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: added restaurants and post numbers
JJ&JHsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JHsmom View Post
Okay first a little background info:

Me: totally hooked on Disney, family not so much
DH: will do anything to see me happy
JJ: teenage boy, usually always hungry, will try anything
JH: 11 year old girl, very very picky, we are working on this
TJ: niece who has celiac disease(no wheat, rye, oats, barley) and
is also lactose intolerant, also very picky.

Me, JJ and JH traveled down to Disney world on August 13th. DH and TJ joined us on August 18th. The first 5 days of our reviews will be just me and the kiddos. The last 5 days will be all of us. I have pictures of most our meals and will comment on what we thought of each.
Bring on the food!
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
kaismahma
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to the Gluten Free Part. My DH does not have any medical condition that calls for it but the last few months has taken all gluten and basically any type of processed foods out of his diet. Just wondering what he is going to be able to find.
kaismahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Unhappy

Okay I must be doing something wrong. No matter how I try to post the link from photobucket all I get is the code, no image. I'll keep trying. I took too many pics to give up.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:42 PM   #6
PiperGirlInWondrland
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
PiperGirlInWondrland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
Jlynno
Earning My Ears

I'm looking forward to your reviews!!!
Jlynno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Day One End Zone Food Court

We checked in to All Star Sports at about 7:30 pm. We were hungry and hot. We were on the regular dining plan and we knew portions were large. We decided to order two of the Chicken and Penne Alfredo. Each came with a small salad and breadstick. JJ got a rootbeer, JH got an orange soda and I purchased a refillable mug and got lemonade. The kiddos were able to get their sundaes for dessert after the finished their meals. JJ thought the meal was okay. JH thought it was pretty good but she hasn't met a pasta that wasn't. Me, the chicken had a decent flavor, the pasta a little mushy, the salad was pretty fresh tasting, the breadstick, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, light garlic flavor. All is all a decent meal for a food court.

JH and I split a lunch version of this meal later in the week and I will post a picture for that.

The kiddos headed for the pool and I headed for team spirits to see if I could find me any of the drinks I've seen on these boards. I found this:

A Pina Colava, basically a Pina Colada with Bacardi Raspberry puree. YUM!!! This was to become a habit while the kiddos played in the pool.

Up next Breakfast at the resort, Lunch at Typoon Lagoon and Dinner at the Plaza Restaurant.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:12 PM   #9
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Signing on!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Day Two Endzone Breakfast

Today we planned as our Typhoon Lagoon Day with a nap and EMH hours at Magic Kingdom. I had a bowl of Cheerios and tea, sorry so boring. JJ and JH decided to split one of these:

A Mickey waffle, no bacon, no sausage, no strawberries, just a plain waffle with syrup. JJ drank the blue powerade and JH drank the OJ, which she says tastes bitter, but drank it anyway. Mickey waffles are always yummy!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Day Two Lunch at Typhoon Lagoon

Okay so I left the camera at the resort. Sorry no pics but I will review what we did eat. We ate at Leaning Palms. JH ordered a Pepperoni Pizza meal and got a salad instead of desert. JJ ordered a double cheeseburger and fries and got a salad instead of desert. So my first problem was that they only had honey mustard for salad dressing, was okay but not great as I was the one eating the salads. JJ shared a little of his burger, typical disney burger, not great. Fries were very good. At this point I looked over at JH and she is picking the pepperoni off her pizza and making a pile. I asked her why she is doing this....because they don't have cheese pizza!!!!!!
I'm really starting to worry about this girl, they do offer cheese pizza, I guess she just missed it on the menu. Now the reason we didn't get desert is we wanted to split one of the Garbage Pail Sundaes for Happy Landings, so we walked over and IT WAS CLOSED!!!!!! JJ and JH were totally bummed. We ssaw a CM and Jh went over and asked him why it was closed. CM told her that Happy Landings does not open until noon. Okay it was only 11:30 so we decided to hang out in the surf pool until it opened. We ordered one sundae and between the three of us we finished all but the bottom layer of fudge and cookie pieces. It was vanilla and chocolate soft serve ice cream, hot fudge, strawberry sauce, crushed chocolate cookie pieces, waffle cone pieces, nuts, whipped cream, cherries. YUMMY!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #12
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Day Two Dinner Plaza Restaurant

Okay after our nap we heades to Magic Kingdom for evening EMH. We had ressies for 7:40 at the Plaza Restaurant. JJ ordered the Rueben.

He must have really enjoyed this because he only shared one bite of the entire sandwich. He did share the fries. The one bite I had was very tasty.

So before we left I read many, many reviews on this board. JH would come in once in a while and sit with me and look over the pics. She was fascinated with a particular poster's Sorcerer Mickey. Wouldn't you know she found one of her own. She used this Mickey for most of her meals, and some of ours too!
JH ordered the Strawberry Chicken Salad. It was huge!!

She enjoyed this but did not even put a dent in the huge portion that came out. I tried a bit of it and it was very good. Chicken was not too dry and lettuce and veggies were cold and crisp. Just the right amount of dressing.

I ordered the vegetarian sandwich with the homemade chips.

The sandwich I found to be lacking in flavor. The roll was very dry and the pesto was no help for it. Now the housemade chips were amazing and JJ ate most of them before I realized it. We contemplated dessert but decided against it. The waitress assumed I would be using our dining plan credits and had to go back and fix our check because this was one of the meals I had planned to pay OOP. She seemed a little irritated but not my fault. Overall we enjoyed our meal here and will go back.

Okay so about midnight JJ was tired and went back to the resort, JH and I headed toward Fantasy Land and she wanted to ride Peter Pan. On our way we passed Sleepy Hollow, we had to have:

A funnel cake, which counted as a snack as long as you don't have the strawberry put on it. We devoured this and enjoyed every last bite.

Next up Another Endzone breakfast, Wolf Gang Puck Express Lunch, Boma Dinner.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #13
DLo
DIS Veteran

Loving your reviews. We have a very picky and a very very picky in our group. my ds11 is the very very - keep hoping one day he is going to realize what he is missing!!!
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #14
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

to everyone!! I hope you enjoy our reviews. I was up in the air at the beginning of the trip but JJ and JH wanted to contribute so here we are. They had as much fun taking food pics as I did. They are taking the reviews very seriously and we were able to get JH to try a bunch of new stuff using the reviews as an excuse that we really needed everyone's opinion on the food. Now she wouldn't try everything but she did try alot that she would never have if not for these reviews. So I would like to thank everyone who has posted reviews in the past few months, you have really helped me expand her tastes. Stay tuned and you will see.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #15
JJ&JHsmom
DIS Veteran

Breakfast Day 3

Okay JH and I returned to the resort at about 2 AM, I woke at about 9 AM. Not much sleep and JJ and JH were still sleeping, so I decided today would be bagels, fruit, juice and lots of tea for me. This is where my resort mug comes in handy. I just fill with hot water, add a tea bag brought from home as I am ver picky about my morning caffine, some sugar and some cream and inhale as quickly as possible before I can function. Sorry once again I have no pics of breakfast but we had a raisin bagel and an everything bagel and two fruit bowls. Both the bagels were fresh and tasty, although the everything bagel had rye seeds in it which we aren't used too. Fruit was really good. It had grapes, cantelope and honey dew. Not a bad use of some snack credits.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: