Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #121
Gdad
I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing

Excellent stuff all- Willow- I love the Streetcar shot!!!

One for today with the Sigma 12-24

Old 11-07-2009, 07:02 PM   #122
saturndb
I'm Dave and I approved this Post.

My new Tokina 11-16 finally shows up on Monday! I have been waiting six weeks for it to show up.

Dave

See my FLICKR photos

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get. - Del Griffith

My Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 1D, Canon D30 IR, , Casio Exilm, Canon 70-200 2.8 L, Canon 17-40 L, Canon 28-70 F2.8 L, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 50 1.8, Canon EF 2X II Extender, BlackRapid, Canon 500D Lens, Cullman Tripod, Gitzo Tripod, gorrillapod and Canon Speedlite 270EX, Canon Speedlite 430EX II, (2) YONGNUO YN-462 CANON FLASH, Zeikos Flash, many back up batteries and memory cards.

saturndb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #123
Gdad

Sigma 12-24 HSM @ 18mm
Old 11-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #124
WDWFigment
Owner of Disney Tourist Blog

^Jeff, that is absolutely amazing. Definitely the best I've ever seen of the Fountain of Nations. I have had an extremely hard time getting any shots of the Fountain of Nations at night without blowing the water. Even doing several exposures, I still get it blown. Is this a single exposure? Excellent dynamic range, if so.

Your shots from the Sigma 12-24 have me convinced that it's a really underrated lens. If I ever went full frame, I think I'd get it over the Nikkor 14-24. Not just because of the price difference, either. That extra 2mm is luring.

Follow me: Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Pinterest
WDWFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #125
Gdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
^Jeff, that is absolutely amazing. Definitely the best I've ever seen of the Fountain of Nations. I have had an extremely hard time getting any shots of the Fountain of Nations at night without blowing the water. Even doing several exposures, I still get it blown. Is this a single exposure? Excellent dynamic range, if so.

Your shots from the Sigma 12-24 have me convinced that it's a really underrated lens. If I ever went full frame, I think I'd get it over the Nikkor 14-24. Not just because of the price difference, either. That extra 2mm is luring.
Thanks Tom- just one exposure. I am very pleased with the Sigma- especially given the cost roughly 1/4 the 14-24. I am learning not to shoot it into bright lights- the biggest negative of the lens I see is the Flare.

I added some more pictures of the fountain in the comments on Flickr- click on the above shot to see the 'whole show'.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #126
WillowBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdad View Post
Excellent stuff all- Willow- I love the Streetcar shot!!!
Thanks so much! I take that as a huge compliment coming from you . I rented that lens for the trip. I must be honest that I found it much more difficult to shoot with than the fisheye. I think my heart belongs to bent lines.

Your fountain shot (above) is breath-taking, btw!
WillowBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:01 AM   #127
Gdad

Thanks- Here is another of the fountain- same setup.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #128
senecabeach
people don't stop playing because they have grown old.....they have grown old because they have stopped playing

Im such a fan of yours, Jeff, and always in awe of ALL your work and love your galleries.
Your post-processing is "Top Notch". Sure wish I had the time and talent to attempt to get close to what YOU have/can accomplished.

Last edited by senecabeach; 11-09-2009 at 03:38 PM.
senecabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #129
saturndb
I'm Dave and I approved this Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdad View Post
Thanks- Here is another of the fountain- same setup.

Amazing shot Jeff! I just got my Tokina 11-16 today! I can not wait to start learning how to use this lens.....

Dave

See my FLICKR photos

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I'm an easy target. Yeah, you're right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you... but I don't like to hurt people's feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I'm not changing. I like... I like me. My wife likes me. My customers like me. 'Cause I'm the real article. What you see is what you get. - Del Griffith

My Gear: Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 1D, Canon D30 IR, , Casio Exilm, Canon 70-200 2.8 L, Canon 17-40 L, Canon 28-70 F2.8 L, Canon 50 1.4, Canon 50 1.8, Canon EF 2X II Extender, BlackRapid, Canon 500D Lens, Cullman Tripod, Gitzo Tripod, gorrillapod and Canon Speedlite 270EX, Canon Speedlite 430EX II, (2) YONGNUO YN-462 CANON FLASH, Zeikos Flash, many back up batteries and memory cards.

saturndb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #130
C&B Young
Twitter @CanaDisney

I thought I was going to join the club today, B&H had the Tokina 11-16 in stock. I was on their website at 5:45 today, as soon as it opened back up, but by the time I finished the checkout process the lens was already back out of stock (so I assume they only had one, or a few). I've had it on backorder at Adormama for over a week now too, hopefully they'll come through soon. It'd be nice to have for Christmas!
C&B Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #131
KarenAylwood
It wouldn't be the holidays without Stove Top!
The dancing banana gets me every time...
I do have a secret squeel of joy
"Humps" has grown on me like a fungus

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&B Young View Post
I thought I was going to join the club today, B&H had the Tokina 11-16 in stock. I was on their website at 5:45 today, as soon as it opened back up, but by the time I finished the checkout process the lens was already back out of stock (so I assume they only had one, or a few). I've had it on backorder at Adormama for over a week now too, hopefully they'll come through soon. It'd be nice to have for Christmas!
Took me about 2 1/2 weeks to get it after ordering on Adorama. I never even got an email from B&H saying it was in stock!

Call up Adorama and ask them when they think they'll get new ones in. The woman I spoke to was pretty accurate- said second week of November and my lens shipped around November 6th, arrived on the 9th. I ordered October 23rd.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:21 PM   #132
WDWFigment
Owner of Disney Tourist Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&B Young View Post
http://nowinstock.net/

Don't forget Bing.com cashback! (Last I saw, it was 10% for B&H!)

Follow me: Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Pinterest
WDWFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:43 PM   #133
C&B Young
Twitter @CanaDisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
http://nowinstock.net/

Don't forget Bing.com cashback! (Last I saw, it was 10% for B&H!)
No Bing for me, unfortunately, as I'm a Canadian. I'm been watching the Bing/Black Friday deals and salivating over some of the deals you guys can get right now! At least the Tokina from Adormama/B&H is still over $100 cheaper, door to door, than from a Canadian retailer...
C&B Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:52 AM   #134
Gdad

Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 AM   #135
Suburbanmom
Oh, SNAP!
I'm more of a Facebook gal

Here's a recent shot I did of our Varsity basketball team. I used it for the poster that will go up in the school and in local restaurants. I LOVE that Tokina 11-16mm so MUCH!!!!!!!!

Amy in OHIO...loved the D50 .... thrilled with the D300 ..... blown away by the D700

amyhenkel dot zenfolio dot com
Suburbanmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: