Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #106
handicap18
Husband, father of 3, and Disney addict
Keep the game flowin and keep the people participating

Awesome work once again Jeff. Thanks for sharing!
Nikon D600 : Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 : Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D : Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR : Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VRII AF-S: Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM : Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM : SB-900 Speedlight Flash.
handicap18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #107
Gdad
I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing

Thanks all-

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
They're all fantastic, Jeff. Whether it's the Sigma/D700 combo, you as the photographer or a program you use to process these---they're amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senecabeach View Post
Jeff...are your "to die for" shots Topaz or HDR?? I don't have any post-processing software except picassa. Is Topaz/HDR a stand alone system or a plug in for PS? Sure wish I did..maybe when I get back.

BTW..Can't believe Minnie's house is coming down...How SAD !!!
Carol- I used Topaz on most of those- According to the website Topaz will work with Adobe Photoshop 7 through CS4, Adobe Photoshop Elements 1 through 7, or another editor that supports Photoshop plug-ins. These include Irfanview, PaintShop Pro, etc.

And also I read somewhere the Minnie's and Mickey's may be just relocated- so I hope that's true.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #108
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:30 PM   #109
boBQuincy
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

Taken with a 10-22 but at *only* 20mm, hardly UWA.

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #110
Marlton Mom
My favorite ride is the "ladies room"...... it's air conditioned and you get to sit down! *Marlton Mom is Rockin a Nikon D90!

Wink My husband wishes I had never found y'all!!!

I have some Bad news.....

My husband wishes I had never found y'all!!!

Today I got the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 for my Nikon D60. B and H to the rescue! Gotta love them, when they are not closed or unable to take orders. It was back ordered for...... seems like FOREVER! I was checking twice a day and it popped back up after it's hiatus. I snagged it and the next day Hubby came home and said he had to take a 20% pay cut at work. What Karma!! It was meant to be and ordered right before the point of not happening.

Ken Rockwell has a great site where he compares the Tokina to Nikon's closest match. Ya gotta love a guy like that that is soooo knowledgeable and SO OBSESSIVE !!! LOL

So aside from no auto-focus on the D60 (The range finder will still work for a focus assist if you will) what else am I in for...
Any tips or tricks when using the D60.

Also I can't thank y'all ENOUGH for all the inspiration, ~ Especially ~Tom Bricker (WDWFigment). I have studied all of your contributions and I've come up with a plan for my upcoming trip. * I * Can't * Wait* !!!!

Now I am going to spend some time getting to know the manual settings on my D60. I spent years taking pictures of school children with a D50 that I donated to the school. (My son's School) This is exactly like sports photography so I never had the time to fiddle with any settings on the camera..... ready or not there they go!

So now that I have this lens it's opening up a whole new side to my photography.

Thanks again for the inspiration!

Marlton Mom
Marlton Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:45 PM   #111
WDWFigment
Owner of Disney Tourist Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlton Mom View Post

Ken Rockwell has a great site where he compares the Tokina to Nikon's closest match. Ya gotta love a guy like that that is soooo knowledgeable and SO OBSESSIVE !!! LOL

So aside from no auto-focus on the D60 (The range finder will still work for a focus assist if you will) what else am I in for...
Any tips or tricks when using the D60.

Also I can't thank y'all ENOUGH for all the inspiration, ~ Especially ~Tom Bricker (WDWFigment). I have studied all of your contributions and I've come up with a plan for my upcoming trip. * I * Can't * Wait* !!!!
At least you got the lens! Sorry to hear about your husband's cut. Hopefully it all turns out alright in the long run.

As for Ken Rockwell: he can be a resource, but I would get a second opinion regarding whatever he says. He's a very divisive person, to put it mildly. Some love him, some hate him.

Glad to hear that my pictures helped. Hope your next trip goes well!

Follow me: Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Pinterest
WDWFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:38 PM   #112
Marlton Mom
My favorite ride is the "ladies room"...... it's air conditioned and you get to sit down! *Marlton Mom is Rockin a Nikon D90!

.....insert Evil laugh

Just checked B and H again.....

It's already out of stock...... < insert Evil laugh >

Does anyone else go back and look to see how fast something disappears again after you've gotten it?

For the last month I have felt like one of those people who would speed dial the phone number for dialing for dollars compulsively until they either got through or the phone company cut off their service.

Ok I'll stop obsessing now, It's in my camera bag for God's sake!!!!

LOL!!!
Marlton Mom
Marlton Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #113
VVFF
Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit

Hopefully this isn't against the rules, but I received my Tokina and unfortunately it decided to come off backorder at a time I don't feel good keeping it due to finances. If anyone here wants it I'll pass it on at cost($599.90+shipping). This is the Canon mount version. Just thought I'd help out any people that might need it for an upcoming trip. Mine was on backorder for a month and a half.
VVFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #114
Gdad
I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing

Main Street USA at 12mm

Click on a picture to take you to the Flickr page for large size, exif, etc.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #115
zackiedawg
WEDway Peoplemover Rider

I like that Confectionary one...neat idea! I might have to try something like that in December.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #116
boBQuincy

Old 10-16-2009, 01:02 AM   #117
WDWFigment
Owner of Disney Tourist Blog

Just posted these in some HDR thread, and I realized they were all taken with the Tokina:

Follow me: Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Pinterest
WDWFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #118
Geoff_M
DIS Veteran, DVC Member, "Cum Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc"

Here's some from a couple years ago taken with my Nikkor 10.5mm Fish:

"Cry 'Havoc', and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... Out-a da crease... In-a da crease... Out-a da crease!!!!"

"Way, way back many centuries ago... Not long after the Bible began..."
Geoff_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #119
KarenAylwood
It wouldn't be the holidays without Stove Top!
The dancing banana gets me every time...
I do have a secret squeel of joy
"Humps" has grown on me like a fungus

Omg omg omg!! I just got notification that my Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 shipped from Adorama!!! I'm SO EXCITED. I ordered it October 25th for my upcoming trip to London with hopes that it'd arrive in time for me to play around with it before I leave December 5th. I know it's backordered everywhere so I had no idea how long it'd take.

Love these shots. I can't wait to get a little more creative than I have been with my current lenses.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:47 AM   #120
WillowBelle
DIS Veteran

Streetcar in NOLA:

St. Louis Cathedral:

Homeless man along the Mississippi:

WillowBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: