Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #256
Gdad
I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing

Old 02-02-2010, 07:12 AM   #257
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

Jeff,

I really like the phone photo! It catches my eye and then I look in the distance to see what is there but the sharper image of the phone pulles me back to that part of the photo again. Some other good photographers like to hang around abandoned industries (Michael Reichman, George Barr), there is a lot to see and plenty of stories to tell.

Walt Disney World photos? Yeah, we have "a few" at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #258
Gdad

Thanks Bob- I do enjoy exploring abandoned places. I'll have to look those guys up.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:37 PM   #259
Gdad

14-24

Old 02-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #260
RBennett
has made it to Florida! Look out Mickey!!

I'm just going to go ahead and say this, and take the chance of getting flamed. Jeff, you make me sick. I really don't like you. You're pictures make me so frustrated because I don't think that I will ever be able to pull off something as good as your shots! Every time that I look at them, the sharpness and clarity make me feel that you can almost reach out and touch the subject. Between your eye and your technique (and I'm sure equipment has a LITTLE to do with it but I'm not going to open up that debate again) your shots are simply amazing. I wish I could just study with you for a week sometime to see how you create such amazing shots! (And I apologize if that comes across as a little creepy.... certainly not my intention.)

- Robby

Pentax K100D and Pentax K-x
Pentax 10-17mm fisheye, Pentax 18-55mm, Pentax 50mm f/1.4, Super Takumar 135mm f/3.5, Tamron 70-300mm, Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II
My Smugmug Site
RBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:11 AM   #261
wenrob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBennett View Post
I'm just going to go ahead and say this, and take the chance of getting flamed. Jeff, you make me sick. I really don't like you. You're pictures make me so frustrated because I don't think that I will ever be able to pull off something as good as your shots! Every time that I look at them, the sharpness and clarity make me feel that you can almost reach out and touch the subject. Between your eye and your technique (and I'm sure equipment has a LITTLE to do with it but I'm not going to open up that debate again) your shots are simply amazing. I wish I could just study with you for a week sometime to see how you create such amazing shots! (And I apologize if that comes across as a little creepy.... certainly not my intention.)

- Robby
I have been here so many times after looking at Jeff's photos. It's a love/hate relationship! You want to follow him around, I'd like to get inside his head to see what he sees.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #262
RBennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenrob View Post
I have been here so many times after looking at Jeff's photos. It's a love/hate relationship! You want to follow him around, I'd like to get inside his head to see what he sees.
EXACTLY!! And this is not to say that he is by far the only one that I feel this way towards, but certainly one of my favorites to see. I feel kind of bad for him in a way though, because now he has this huge expectation put on him! Every time I scroll down and see Gdad I think "Great! I bet this is going to be another incredible shot!"

Pentax 10-17mm fisheye, Pentax 18-55mm, Pentax 50mm f/1.4, Super Takumar 135mm f/3.5, Tamron 70-300mm, Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II
My Smugmug Site
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #263
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdad View Post
14-24

You know, to further the Gdad discussion..... Every time I think I should give up because I don't have the same equipment as all these great photographers I see here..... I remind myself of that thread with all the great shots Gdad took with his P&S.......

But I digress......

I know you used a wide angle lens for this, but can you share where you were standing and how tall your tripod is???? I'm sure I can do this with a $35 tripod from Best Buy, right???????
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 AM   #264
DisFam95
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm right there with you! And yes he's not the only one (GDad plus several others)

I have a trip to DL in 2 weeks and I actually found myself feeling stressed last night because I felt like I was not going to be able to get that perfect shot that I always see posted on here. I'm studying Flickr accts and taking notes on the camera settings for various shots

I'm probably not going back for a long time too. My friend reminded me that these people go all the time and must have taken dozens if not hundreds of the same shot until they get it right.

Plus I don;t do post processing..just something I've never taken the time to learn. I have elements but I don;t even know how to get a picture in there and I always screw it up and lose it within a few key strokes anyway. I need a class! i think we've gotten too used to seeing things 'enhanced' that now my 'sooc' shots look like suck shots

Nevermind us...we're just totally jealous . Keep the great photos coming!!!!
Sum/74; Sum/78; Sum/82; Sum/87 Polynesian; Sum/93 Caribbean Beach; 8/95 Port Orleans - Honeymoon; 5/97; 8/99 Caribbean Beach; 9/01 Wilderness Lodge - became a DVC member!!!; 12/02; 1/04; 2/05; 2/06; 10/06; 5/08 Villas at Wilderness Lodge; 6/11 Wildreness Lodge
Me DH DS12 DS8
DisFam95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #265
Gdad

Quote:
Jeff, you make me sick. I really don't like you.
I feel the love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You know, to further the Gdad discussion..... Every time I think I should give up because I don't have the same equipment as all these great photographers I see here..... I remind myself of that thread with all the great shots Gdad took with his P&S.......
I need to see if it can do fireworks one of these days...

Quote:
I know you used a wide angle lens for this, but can you share where you were standing and how tall your tripod is???? I'm sure I can do this with a $35 tripod from Best Buy, right???????
Standing maybe 20' behind the Partners Statue. No tripod- handheld. Code was right next to me- and he had a tripod- so his will probably be much better.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:32 AM   #266
AbbysFamily
Princess Abby, AlphaGeek Dad, and Disney Mom

Quote:

But I digress......

I can't answer your tripod question, but this picture is the #1 reason WHY I want to get a lens like this some day. He is in FRONT of the partners statue! I CANNOT believe the scope of this picture given that location. This thread is DANGEROUS. I so badly want one of these lenses, but considering that I JUST got into the DSLR space (my last SLR was a 35mm) I can't justify more $$ right now.

But one of these lenses is REALLY high on my wish list and I really want to consider a rental.
POP June 10
AbbysFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #267
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbysFamily View Post
I can't answer your tripod question, but this picture is the #1 reason WHY I want to get a lens like this some day. He is in FRONT of the partners statue! I CANNOT believe the scope of this picture given that location. This thread is DANGEROUS. I so badly want one of these lenses, but considering that I JUST got into the DSLR space (my last SLR was a 35mm) I can't justify more $$ right now.

But one of these lenses is REALLY high on my wish list and I really want to consider a rental.
That shot got me excited too! I can't even aspire to do what he did or even use that lens because I don't have a full frame camera. But what I DO have is my very own Tokina 11-16 coming by UPS tomorrow after weeks being on backorder! Too bad I have to wait til December to get back to the castle! Oh well, I think we're headed for the southwest this summer, and I decided if I was going to do it, I might as well do it before that trip. Heck, by December, I'll be an expert, right?????
Old 02-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #268
RBennett

Quote:

Standing maybe 20' behind the Partners Statue. No tripod- handheld. Code was right next to me- and he had a tripod- so his will probably be much better.
That's like some superhuman task right there! I mean, to be shooting that handheld and not have one OUNCE of blur amazes me! I can't keep my hands that steady to save my life and I have cut out caffeine considerably!!

My Smugmug Site
Old 02-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #269
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I feel the love!

I need to see if it can do fireworks one of these days...

Ok, even MORE impressed. I could never hand hold a shot like that... well I could.... but it would have more of a.... shall we say.... "abstract" flair to it.....
Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 AM   #270
Gdad

Quote:
That's like some superhuman task right there! I mean, to be shooting that handheld and not have one OUNCE of blur amazes me! I can't keep my hands that steady to save my life and I have cut out caffeine considerably!!
Quote:
Ok, even MORE impressed. I could never hand hold a shot like that... well I could.... but it would have more of a.... shall we say.... "abstract" flair to it.....
Well it was ONLY a four second exposure.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: