Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #166
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

I keep talking myself out of an ultra wide lens. I don't have the funds to even think of it but yet I find myself on these threads. These pictures are gorgeous. What does everyone recommend for a newbie like myself for a Cannon Rebel Xti? What would be the best bang for the buck?

WDWfigment I am blown away by your shots. I went to your flickr account and drooled for a little while. I stumbled on themagicinpixels site as well. Good stuff. Are there any other sites I should know about for Disney/Canon/Photography people? My next purchase is going to be the "Understanding Exposure" book by Bryan P.

Keep those wide shots of WDW coming. Does anyone have any of Disneyland?

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #167
Gdad
I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing

A few last shots with my Sigma 12-24mm HSM- getting sold for an UWA upgrade. By the way- it's way WAY too cold in Florida when there is ice laying around in the yard all day- even if it did come from the hose. The girls had fun with it anyway.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2010, 08:25 PM   #168
Gdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
What is this shot of Gdad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfreeksince88 View Post
entrance to Swiss Family Treehouse
Right-
Old 01-10-2010, 08:27 PM   #169
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Jeff if you want too see some ice/snow you should hop up to KC. We've been dumped on this year. Last year we only received 14 inches of snow all winter, this year we have over 20 inches in total already. I need to get out and shoot.
Always get excited to see what your going to shoot next Gdad.

2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #170
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Jeff if you want too see some ice/snow you should hop up to KC. We've been dumped on this year. Last year we only received 14 inches of snow all winter, this year we have over 20 inches in total already. I need to get out and shoot.
Always get excited to see what your going to shoot next Gdad.
I'll second that from here in KC! I have water dripping in my front hallway because the gutters are frozen solid and the stuff on the roof is melting......

But it's supposed to exceed the freezing point tomorrow or the next day. YIPPEE!!! Oh yeah.... and the kids are finally heading back to school too!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #171
Gdad

Quote:
Jeff if you want too see some ice/snow you should hop up to KC.
Noooooooooo- I do NOT want to see it at ALL. (I grew up in it- Michigan has plenty of it too.) My wife and kids on the other hand- the little bit of sleet we got yesterday morning was as close as they have ever seen.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #172
jfinke
DIS Veteran

Yeah, we are about snowed out in KC.

I can't believe the amount we have gotten here plus the cold. Hopefully some it should melt tomorrow.
jfinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:04 PM   #173
KarenAylwood
It wouldn't be the holidays without Stove Top!
The dancing banana gets me every time...
I do have a secret squeel of joy
"Humps" has grown on me like a fungus

Quote:
I keep talking myself out of an ultra wide lens. I don't have the funds to even think of it but yet I find myself on these threads. These pictures are gorgeous. What does everyone recommend for a newbie like myself for a Cannon Rebel Xti? What would be the best bang for the buck?

WDWfigment I am blown away by your shots. I went to your flickr account and drooled for a little while. I stumbled on themagicinpixels site as well. Good stuff. Are there any other sites I should know about for Disney/Canon/Photography people? My next purchase is going to be the "Understanding Exposure" book by Bryan P.

Keep those wide shots of WDW coming. Does anyone have any of Disneyland?
I have the Canon XSi and bought the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 in November for my trip to London. I absolutely love it and it's rated a best value and I think even better than the canon 10-22 (which is f/4). The Tokina goes for about $600 and it's on backorder most places. It's hardly in stock because it sells as soon as they get some in. I just ordered through Adorama and it shipped as soon as more arrived (around 2 1/2 weeks after I first ordered).
Old 01-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #174
WDWFigment
Owner of Disney Tourist Blog

Clicking the picture takes you to its Flickr page (where there is EXIF, etc.)

Follow me: Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Pinterest
WDWFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:18 PM   #175
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

Both with Canon 10-22 @ 10

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #176
Marlton Mom
My favorite ride is the "ladies room"...... it's air conditioned and you get to sit down! *Marlton Mom is Rockin a Nikon D90!

Umm.... is a Tokina image that's been Photoshopped (TO Death!!) legal??
I, I couldn't control myself! Pay no attention to the noise or excessive....everything.
It was Illuminations after all.... a BEAST to photograph!
PS. I LIKE the colors!
Marlton Mom
PSS It sort of reminds me of LeRoy Nieman.....

Marlton Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 AM   #177
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

You guys really have me wanting to add the Tokina 11-16 before our summer vacation.

Is there a steep learning curve? In addition to posting pictures, can you give any tips or suggestions for a newbie???
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #178
KarenAylwood
It wouldn't be the holidays without Stove Top!
The dancing banana gets me every time...
I do have a secret squeel of joy
"Humps" has grown on me like a fungus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
You guys really have me wanting to add the Tokina 11-16 before our summer vacation.

Is there a steep learning curve? In addition to posting pictures, can you give any tips or suggestions for a newbie???

Figure out what kind of style you like with it. Some will criticize for pointing the lens up when looking at buildings (because they appear to lean) but some people like that look (like me). You'd have to keep your camera level with your subject for no distortion.

For me it was remembering that I had to be right up on top of what I was shooting to get what I was looking for.

I had a short time to use my lens before going on a trip to London. I went out one day to a city nearby and just walked around taking pictures for a few hours. I had to think a bit differently but I considered it pretty easy to learn.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:53 PM   #179
wdwfreeksince88
Only An Hour From The House Of Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post

Clicking the picture takes you to its Flickr page (where there is EXIF, etc.)
I just love this shot. One of the (if not the) best shots I have seen of SpaceShip Earth
Old 01-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #180
jfinke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post

I found that I had to really pay attention to automatic exposure. Because the scene is so large, you can have many variances on the amount of light in it.
jfinke is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: