Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
yevrus
Earning My Ears

Where do i begin my search for someone who does engagement photography in Las Vegas?

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have no clue at the moment, and any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
yevrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #2
toomanycars

Trying to make life a "E" ticket ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yevrus View Post
Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have no clue at the moment, and any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
I take it you're not from Las Vegas and if that's the case your hotel concierge should be able to direct you to the hotel recommended photographer.

2014 OKY ** 2013 VWL/BLT ** 2012 AKV ** 2011 BLT/POR/AKV ** 2010 BC ** 2010 POR/Poly ** 2009 CBR ** 2008 POP ** 2007 POP ** 2006 Off Site ** 2005 Off Site ** 2004 Off Site
toomanycars is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2013, 11:40 PM   #3
photo_chick
Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about nothing.

Google. Start looking at websites for photographers in the area and see whose style you like. Then dig deeper and look at the technical quality of their work. Depending on how much you're wanting to spend, consider getting your wedding photographer to travel to the location. More and more couples are hiring the same photographer for both events so that the images have the same feel. They'll also use that photographer for the bridal portraits.

photo_chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #4
happenin2you
Mouseketeer

Take it from me, I'm a local

This one did my best friend's photos, they're the couple all the way to the left on the home page. She's also a local and will have ideas about places to shoot that you as a tourist may not know about.

Heartfly Photography

Last edited by happenin2you; 10-29-2013 at 11:02 PM.
happenin2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #5
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Another suggestion (not to ignore the local's recommendation!!!) is to ask on the Las Vegas forum on TripAdvisor.
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
Enkimdu
Earning My Ears

Though it may seem like a less important detail, hiring someone to take your pictures in these special moments of your life is essential. Like time, these moments fly by us no matter how much planning we put into it and later on, some of the very few things that can bring back the experience and the emotions are the pictures or videos of them. Thats why you really want to do it right.
Whether you are looking for Las Vegas photography or photography in general, you should bear in mind a few things. First of all, you want to make sure they are professional and experienced, artistically and technologically. A production company for example, as opposed to a freelancer, will offer more credibility in this respect. Checking out the portfolio of different photographers can also give you an accurate idea of the quality they can produce. Other things that you can see in their portfolios are how creative they are or how comfortable they can make you feel while shooting. Finally, you will obviously need to find someone that can fit in your budget. You should look for someone that is reasonable, but at the same time you should consider the fact that quality comes at a price and that you are discussing a very important moment in your life.
Engagement photography is a great way to get to know your photographer(s) so that you may feel comfortable and easily express your emotions and ideas on your big day. That is why you should try to ask for the same photographer on both events. You can also use the occasion to try on different details of your wedding plan, such as your hairdo.
As a suggestion, I would point you to Vivid Sight Production (you can check them out at vividsight.com) because I enjoyed their professional, yet close and personal approach to wedding photography in general. Their standard both in photography and in the technical modifications that followed, including the selection of pictures, was great and their price was definitely worth their work. An interesting and unique advantage is the fact that they will dedicate more than one photographer (or videographer) for your event in order to capture multiple angles and miss out as little as possible. If you will hire them for your wedding day as well, for instance, they assign one photographer exclusively to the bride and groom and another to capture the entire story behind the day. Another great detail that comes with their services is the hosting of a private subpage on their website with the final results so that your close ones can enjoy them as well, regardless of where they are.
Check them out and Best luck with the wedding!

Last edited by Enkimdu; 11-05-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Enkimdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
LittleMissMagic
Victoria on Vacation

I would look through wedding blogs for Vegas weddings to get a good diverse sampling of photographers who have had their work featured. You could also check out recommended vendors on The Knot.

1991-2004 AP holders | 2000 Disney Magic 4-Day Bahamas | 2005 Disneyland | 2006 Swan New Year's | 2008 AllStar Movies with HS Marching Band
2008 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2009 Bay Lake Tower Labor Day | 2010 Wilderness Lodge New Year's | 2010 AllStar Music with HS Marching Band
2010 Polynesian Graduation Celebration | 2011 Grand Floridian Independence Day | 2012 Polynesian Spring Break | 2012 Beach Club Graduation Celebration
2012 Saratoga Springs Food & Wine | 2013 Disneyland Paris Sequoia Lodge | 2013 Beach Club Resort Food & Wine
2013/2014 New Year's Eve Waldorf Astoria | 2014 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise

LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: