Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 12:08 PM   #1
shafrieze
Earning My Ears

Beach Club Resort

We are staying at the Beach Club Resort, water view, for the first time in March 2010. Wondering, which part of the hotel is the best, and does anybody know what room's have the full balcony?
shafrieze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #2
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

WE LOVE BEACH CLUB! If having a room with a full balcony is important, you should request one. Even though they won't guarantee it, they will try very hard to accomodate your special requests. I don't think one location of the hotel is better than another with a water view room. It all depends on if you prefer being close to elevators or do you prefer to be close to Stormalong Bay? There is also a quiet pool that you could request to be near. Beach Club is a beautiful resort in an awesome location! Hope you love it as much as we do.

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

Last edited by michelleiada; 08-22-2009 at 03:30 PM.
michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

We have not stayed at the BC but we have stayed at the YC and love it. They are very similar and SAB is great. The location to Epcot can't be beat and there is so much to do at night. The whole area is just simply beautiful. I think you will love it as much as we do.

Here's the YC/BC thread. There is a lot of great information and the DIS on that thread know anything and everything about both resorts. Maybe you can post your question there as well.

Happy Planning.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....222002&page=50
Old 08-22-2009, 02:43 PM   #4
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
WE LOVE BEACH CLUB! If having a room with a full balcony you should request one. Even though they won't guarantee it, they will try very hard to accomodate your special requests. I don't think one location of the hotel is better than another with a water view room. It all depends on if you prefer being close to elevators or do you prefer to be close to Stormalong Bay? There is also a quiet pool that you could request to be near. Beach Club is a beautiful resort in an awesome location! Hope you love it as much as we do.
I have to agree. Ask for what you really want. We stayed there last year and asked for a renovated room with a full balcony and we got what we asked for. We had a standard view, but that was ok with us. We got a corner room which was enormous along with a huge balcony. The birds would land right by you when you would go out to sit. I felt like Cinderella. I can't remember the room number but we weren't far from the lobby either. PM me if you would like more info or pictures, I can dig the stuff out. It really is a beautiful resort. You will have a great time there.

Old 08-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #5
rlahsin
Mouseketeer

We're staying at Beach Club for the first time on October 4th. It looks like a beautiful resort, and it's in such a great location. I can't wait to experience it!

Regina
Old 08-22-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post
I have to agree. Ask for what you really want. We stayed there last year and asked for a renovated room with a full balcony and we got what we asked for. We had a standard view, but that was ok with us. We got a corner room which was enormous along with a huge balcony. The birds would land right by you when you would go out to sit. I felt like Cinderella. I can't remember the room number but we weren't far from the lobby either. PM me if you would like more info or pictures, I can dig the stuff out. It really is a beautiful resort. You will have a great time there.
Cart-Mom - Love your pics and you have a beautiful family. I think the next time we are there we will do a Photo Session at Beach Club. Were you happy with it?

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelleiada View Post
Cart-Mom - Love your pics and you have a beautiful family. I think the next time we are there we will do a Photo Session at Beach Club. Were you happy with it?
Thanks! Yes, we loved it. We had to do two shoots though, but only paid for one. After our first shoot we noticed this lightening bolt shadow on our faces in the close ups (a little wizard magic, maybe?). They thought they would be able to edit them out but found out they couldn't so they called to apologize and offer us a whole other shoot. It really only showed up on the close ups so that is what we asked them to re-shoot and they turned out better than the first shoot. Got all the pictures, though so we could edit at home. All in all, it was close to 100 shots they took of us all so I would say it was a bargain. Go for it!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
DLo
DIS Veteran

We are staying at BC for the first time in Oct. I am glad to see these positive comments! We can't wait ! We haven't stayed in the EPCOT area in a while so we are looking forward to it. (especially during the FW)
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: