Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
abubu919
DIS Veteran

Sea Breeze Point vs. Yacht Club Gazebo

I have been looking into both of these locations...for those of you who have had your weddings at these locations, what were the pros and cons that you had? I really like both locations but I am just not sure what is best!
Thank You!
abubu919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
mcarthur205
DIS Veteran

We had our VR at SBP in April this year. We looked at both sites and they're both beautiful. The one thing that I wasn't keen on at YCG is the fact that the guests have to sit in the sun with no shade. Our ceremony was at 2.30pm and it was a hot sunny day, so sitting in the sun would have been uncomfortable to say the least.

SBP is a little close to the walkway to Epcot, but really we didn't have any issue with this on the day. Most people are at the parks at that time and we didn't have a lot of spectators lol.
1991 & 1993 offsite 1997 Caribbean Beach Resort 1999 Coronado Springs Resort 2000 Port Orleans Resort 2002 Wilderness Lodge 2004 Dolphin 2006 Boardwalk Villas 2007 Dolphin 2008 Saratoga Springs Resort 2009 Beach Club Villas 2010 Saratoga Springs Resort 2011 offsite

mcarthur205 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #3
Swmhc
DIS Veteran

We were married at YC Gazebo, and we too, had difficulty deciding between the two locations. Carol Anne is right, you do have the sun to deal with at the Gazebo, but I liked the back drop for our photos better at the Gazebo. Photos were very important to me. We were married on 8/1, can't get much hotter than August in Florida, and we didn't have any complaints from anyone.

No, we didn't have anyone loitering on their balconies in our photos, no towels hanging from the rails or anything. It was perfect.

I really liked the water and structure at SBP, but couldn't stand the "Big Fish" (the dolphin and swan statues) in the back drop of the photos for SBP. I think those things are just hideous and did NOT want them in any wedding photos. So, that was the deal breaker for me.

Hope that helps !
Old 08-22-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
abubu919
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your help so far!!! Yah I took my boyfriend..hopefully soon to be fiance and we were looking around the Boardwalk and decided to check the places out! We loved the YC because of the coziness it brought but his concern was if the guests would be able to hear and where the wedding party would stand and then with SBP about people walking around while the ceremony is going on. Like I said it is just ideas right now for us, but I love planning and researching We were also thinking about a morning ceremony with brunch so then the rest of the day is available.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #5
girli565
A Miami kind of girl

I just went for a site visit to SBp last week. I have to say that the walk from Boardwalk inn to SBP was long. And if you plan on having a wedding during any of the warm months that's a long, sweaty walk.
girli565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
Swmhc
DIS Veteran

Here are a couple I have in photobucket. Not sure how big they will show up, so I apologize in advance if they are big or all different sizes. I really need to get back to packing for an upcoming move, so I don't have time to mess with them today.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 AM   #7
chipscinderelly
Victim of a drive-by tag attack!
Her blinkies might be lopsided

We were married at YCG at 5:30 in October and our guests were mostly in the shade due to the building cover. We did have some people watching from their balcony's, however, they were quiet and we loved it. Our guests commented that 2 little girls went into their room and brought out their dolls to watch the ceremony - so sweet.

Here are a few photos - more in my link below

2003 Aug-Grand Floridian, Oct- Caribbean Beach, Nov- Caribbean Beach, 2004 Aug - WL, Dec - BWI; 2005 May - Pop Century, June - Disneyland Hotel, Sept -SSR, DVC Cruise & BCV, Dec - BCV; 2006 May - OKW (grand villa), July - BCV, Oct - SSR/DVC Cruise, YC/Cont MK view, Dec - VWL; 2007 May - SSR, Oct BWV, Swan; 2008 March - OKW, Oct - BWV, 2009 June - Swan, Sept - Poly, 2010 Dec-AKV; 2011 Nov-BWV; 2012 Nov - BCV; 2013 May - AOA, Cruise, BLT; 2014 Feb - DL, Nov - ???
Disney Wedding photos - Fantasmic, RnR and Muppets courtyard reception
chipscinderelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
gemmybear83
I would blame it all on Bob
Awww I love the first day
You could stay behind after your meal and have another drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swmhc View Post
I really liked the water and structure at SBP, but couldn't stand the "Big Fish" (the dolphin and swan statues) in the back drop of the photos for SBP. I think those things are just hideous and did NOT want them in any wedding photos. So, that was the deal breaker for me.

Hope that helps !
This is the same reason why we havent picked SBP - but I love them both!!

Saying all of theis were going to visit them both next month and see what impact the "big fish" has haha!
Old 08-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #9
AbbyPan
"...oh he's a codfish, a codfish, a codfish..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur205 View Post
We had our VR at SBP in April this year. We looked at both sites and they're both beautiful. The one thing that I wasn't keen on at YCG is the fact that the guests have to sit in the sun with no shade. Our ceremony was at 2.30pm and it was a hot sunny day, so sitting in the sun would have been uncomfortable to say the least.

SBP is a little close to the walkway to Epcot, but really we didn't have any issue with this on the day. Most people are at the parks at that time and we didn't have a lot of spectators lol.
I was going to mention that...and so it would really depend on the weather and/or time of day. I wanted SBP but my parents were scared our guests would be attacked by Luv Bugs so I had to go with WP.

Carol- You look gorgeous girl!!! wow, I love those pics in your sig!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 02:00 PM   #10
CleoPahd
Mouseketeer

We had an 11am wedding at SBP and it was beautiful. It was nice being in the shade. I think of my hundreds of wedding pics there are maybe only 3 with a little tiny bit of the swan & dolphin in the background. If you tell the photographer you don't want them in the shots, they will make sure not to get them. We have some great pictures with the light house across the way in the background. There is a nice grassy area right on the water in front of SBP where they will get some amazing shots and they also took some really beautiful shots along the boardwalk. We didn't have any gawkers or people hanging around the area. Most people kept on moving and respected our privacy. I don't regret for a second having our wedding at SBP.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #11
Wish on a Star
DIS Veteran

The great thing about both locations is just how many photo locations you can use! We're getting married at SBP and I hope to take pictures on the Boardwalk, the Yacht and Beach club beach, the lighthouse and SBP itself!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #12
abubu919
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish on a Star View Post
The great thing about both locations is just how many photo locations you can use! We're getting married at SBP and I hope to take pictures on the Boardwalk, the Yacht and Beach club beach, the lighthouse and SBP itself!
Oh True..I never thought about that I mean I know it is a bit away for me but I have always dreamed of a Disney Wedding. What made you chose SBP...I mean I go to Disney many times during a year and I always love looking at SBP but I dunno I guess it is hard to explain haha
Old 08-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #13
abubu919
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipscinderelly View Post
We were married at YCG at 5:30 in October and our guests were mostly in the shade due to the building cover. We did have some people watching from their balcony's, however, they were quiet and we loved it. Our guests commented that 2 little girls went into their room and brought out their dolls to watch the ceremony - so sweet.

Here are a few photos - more in my link below

WOW this is set up beautifully! One question, where did your wedding party stand during the ceremony?
Old 08-25-2009, 05:38 AM   #14
honey2741
DIS Veteran

I chose Sea Breeze Point because it is right on the water and technically it is a gazebo. With the breeze, sounds and sights of the boardwalk and the myriad options for photo options it is the right choice. Plus it has shade.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 AM   #15
dhay
Disney bride 12/5/08! Enjoying married life!!

I have been born and raised in Florida and I know how hot it gets. My wedding was December 5 and it was 79 and it was still hot and sunny and even in December there was no way for me I was going to have my guests sit in the sun when I personally refused to be in the sun in formal wear myself so there was no question it was SBP for me. I picked a Decembeer wedding hoping it would be no warmer than 70 and it alomost hit 80. I only have a few pics with the S&D in them. I think both locations are beautiful but I could not have my guests in the sun.

It is a personal decision. The advantage to either location will be all the amazing BW shots you can get. Good luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: