Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 AM   #61
mechteach
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Beginning on opening day (October 1st) the WA will provide their own dedicated shuttle to WDW (and those "other" Orlando attractions).
I forgot to comment on this earlier - a shuttle to SeaWorld or Universal would also be an excellent perk! I'll probably have a rental car, but it would be nice to not need to drive.
mechteach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:03 AM   #62
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethB View Post
Thanks for the additional information WDWKook and Brian. We always rent a car, too, even on property (can't stand the bus). So, W-A is really a possibility!
We are bus phobic, too! We're impatient vacationers and that's partly why we always loved the CR because we could walk to the MK and monorail to TTC-Epcot. And, we drive to DHS and AK.

My DH even insists on paying for preferred parking at Busch Gardens so that we can walk to the entrance instead of having to take the tram. Our poor DD10 thinks she is really missing out on those buses since she has never ridden a bus to school and rarely gets to take them at WDW. Maybe she'll rebel and end up becoming a bus driver someday...
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #63
ElizabethB
I have a raw meat fetish. Who knew!!??

Yeah, we always pay for the preferred parking at Universal! I totally understand!
ElizabethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #64
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rie'smom View Post
The only thing holding me back is this will be my daughter's boyfriend's first ever WDW trip. I'm thinking the fireworks view at the MK would be a great sight. Of course, we'll see Wishes in person too, so you see my dilemma.
The WAO (and I'm assuming the HBC, too) has "Epcot view" rooms (sorry, the MK is too far north) that can be booked.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:40 PM   #65
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

Quote:
The WAO (and I'm assuming the HBC, too) has "Epcot view" rooms (sorry, the MK is too far north) that can be booked.
Thank-you for that information!!
rie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:44 PM   #66
WDWKOOK

More WAO Info.

I called and asked a few (more) questions that had come-up on this thread, and some that hadn't:

TRANSPORTATION:

Asked for clarification on what the "Disney bus" is and Brian Noble had it right: It's a contracted (non-Disney) bus that stops at other BC hotels and will also stop at the WAO/HBC. She highly recommended the WAO shuttle instead, as it will travel every 30 minutes to/from the TTC, before and after park closing and will not stop anywhere else along the way. Additional shuttles will go to other parks, but I didn't ask about which ones or at what times.

EMH:

Not yet - still "negotiating" with WDW on this - don't get your hopes up.

WiFi:

First time I called this weekend, I was told $15/day, but she may have meant for the secured/ethernet cable. Today when I asked, I was told that it is complimentary throughout the resort

AVAILABILITY OF RESORT AMENITIES:

I asked if there were any amenities, such as golf or pools, that would not be ready when they open in one month. She said that as far as she knew, everything would be ready and available for use when the resort opens.

PARKING:

On their website under "Amenities" they list "valet/self-parking." When I asked about the cost of self-parking she said that she shows there is no self-parking at the WAO. I asked if there was self-parking at the HBC and she said there is and it is $12/day and valet parking is $19/day. Perhaps the self-parking lot is shared by the two resorts like the convention center. She did say that WA guests could self-park at the HBC.

SPECIALS:

There is, as blissventure mentioned a Fall Special that does not show-up on their website; you have to call to get this special. I asked if there is a Winter Special and she said that one hasn't been announced yet and to call back toward the end of November to inquire.

If anyone else calls the WAO, could you ask about laundry facilities there (or at the HBC), I forgot
Old 09-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #67
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rie'smom View Post
Thank-you for that information!!
You're welcome. It shows up as "Epcot view" on their reservation page.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:22 AM   #68
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Update: As of today, it is now listed on both the WAO and HBC sites as "Disney View." Maybe the lawyers had an issue with "Epcot View"

If you are considering a stay and you are a little flexible, it's worth your time to plug-in an arrival date + or - a day or two to see about any price differences:

I fiddled around with some December dates and I found that unlike WDW, the WAO doesn't have higher prices for weekends and the initial nightly rate seems to apply to your entire stay. For example, if you were to check into a Deluxe Suite on 12/23, the rate would be $349/nt (and you get a $50/day resort credit). If you arrive the day before, the rate is $329/nt, but if you arrive on 12-22, the rate is $259/nt for the entire length of your stay!

This is from www.Mousesavers.com:

Hilton HHonors

You can trade in Hilton HHonors points for "FREE" Walt Disney World tickets. It takes 150,000 points for an adult 4-Day Magic Your Way with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More ticket with the No Expiration option. It is 140,000 points for a 4-day child's ticket with the same inclusions. 7-Day tickets are also available at higher point values.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/rewards/disney.do
Old 09-02-2009, 08:51 AM   #69
amw
need a new tag

Quote:

Hilton HHonors

You can trade in Hilton HHonors points for "FREE" Walt Disney World tickets. It takes 150,000 points for an adult 4-Day Magic Your Way with Park Hopper and Water Park Fun & More ticket with the No Expiration option. It is 140,000 points for a 4-day child's ticket with the same inclusions. 7-Day tickets are also available at higher point values.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/rewards/disney.do
And to stay at the Hilton Bonnet Creek on points is 40,000 a night!

WDW, March 2015 - CSR
WDW, March 2014 - POR
WDW, March 2013 - Swan
WDW, August 2012 - Beach Club Grand Gathering
DLR, August 2011 - Sheraton Anaheim
WDW, March 2011 - Marriott Sabal Palms
WDW, March 2010 - POFQ & Hilton Clearwater
WDW, Feb 2009 - Poly - a Disney pin sucked me in!
WDW, April 2008 - Bonnet Creek Resort
DLR, March 2007 - Hyatt - First trip ever to DL!
WDW, Sept 2005 - Cypress Pointe
WDW, Nov 2003 - HIFS - First trip with my princesses!
WDW, Nov 1998 - Grosvenor
WDW, Aug 1980 - Fort Wilderness
WDW, Aug 1974 - Fort Wilderness - Toddling my way through MK!
amw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #70
Brian Noble
His Curmudgeonly Highness

Quote:
For what it's worth, we had a unit on the 10th floor of Wyndham BC's northern end, overloooking all of Epcot. You can see the castle and Contemporary in the distance, and can see Wishes from there. It's not at all the same as seeing it from, say, the Poly beach, but it's there. It's also surprising that, from that perspective, the castle looks a lot smaller relative to the Contemporary towers as its seems from around the MK-area. The 'forced perspective' tricks don't work when you can't see the detail!
Brian Noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:45 PM   #71
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Just clarifying a few things...

WA..only valet at $19 per day?

Any resort fees?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #72
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Just clarifying a few things...

WA..only valet at $19 per day?

Any resort fees?
No, there are no additional resort fees, only parking.

The WA website does show there is self-parking here:

http://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/resort/amenities/

However, when I asked on the phone, she said that her screen didn't show self-parking, only valet at $19/day. I asked about the Hilton, which is connected, and she said they do have self-parking ($12/day) and WA guests can use it, and that's what we plan on doing. I suspect the self-parking is actually shared between the two resorts.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #73
WDWTigger72
C.E.O. Walt Disney World

You should start working for WAO, by the time your done with all your knowledge gathering for your trip you will know enough to become a Concierge LOL I keep reading this post as I am interested in this resort or Four Seasons for a future visit, and start laughing with all the knowledge gathering your doing. Great job
1997 Onsite – Disney's Wilderness Lodge
2000 Offsite – Sierra Suites
2000 Onsite – Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
2001 Onsite – Walt Disney World Swan
2002 Onsite – Disney's Caribbean Beach.
2002 Onsite – Disney's Wilderness Lodge
2002 Onsite – Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter
2005 Onsite – Walt Disney World Dolphin
2006 Onsite – Walt Disney World Swan
2007 Onsite – Disney's Saratoga Springs and Yacht Club
2009 Onsite – Disney's Polynesian Resort
WDWTigger72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #74
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
No, there are no additional resort fees, only parking.

The WA website does show there is self-parking here:

http://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/resort/amenities/

However, when I asked on the phone, she said that her screen didn't show self-parking, only valet at $19/day. I asked about the Hilton, which is connected, and she said they do have self-parking ($12/day) and WA guests can use it, and that's what we plan on doing. I suspect the self-parking is actually shared between the two resorts.
Oh well, i can live with $12 a day vs $20 at Swan/Dolphin. Thanks
Old 09-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #75
WDWKOOK

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWTigger72 View Post
You should start working for WAO, by the time your done with all your knowledge gathering for your trip you will know enough to become a Concierge LOL I keep reading this post as I am interested in this resort or Four Seasons for a future visit, and start laughing with all the knowledge gathering your doing. Great job
Well, thank you! I've got a lot to learn (and I might be slightly vacation OC). Though we've done about a dozen on-property stays, we've never stayed "off" and never at Christmas.

I just hope I can help out some other Disaffected Disney Deluxe DISers before this thread dies and goes where all dead threads go - to the bottom of our subscribed threads list.