Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #1441
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Lacey found a couple of bracelets for the Mission girls and we were off to climb a tree.....the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse tree. For those of you who may be wondering why I, a terrified of heights person, would be climbing way up high in a tree, my answer is "I don't know!". I just don't look down much. With the limbs and branches and leaves kind of blocking the view down, it's not too bad.

Some not that interesting pictures:

The view of Space Mountain:

You can't really tell it but there was a skydiver that looked like he was right over the top of Space Mountain. The pictures are a blurry but you can just make out the parachute to the right of the top of the building:

We looked to the left and saw this:

After taking in the view, we joined the line of people plodding down the steps.

We wanted to see how long the wait for Jungle Cruise was so I walked down the steps and motioned the rest to come and get in line since the wait was only:

I know that I took a whole lot of pictures on the Jungle Cruise specifically thinking that I'd have some to post on my trip report. I remember them being on my camera but somehow they were lost. Stupid camera! This is the only one I can find:

We knew that we wanted to do the rest of Adventureland. When we saw the line for Aladdin's Magic Carpets, we knew it wasn't in the cards. The line wound waaaaay around. We decided to do this next:

A picture of Lacey's Graduation button which, by the way, hadn't gotten her even a single "Happy Graduation!" comment so far today. Probably because it was on her bag strap.

Even though it wasn't even Noon yet, it was already hot outside and it felt good to be standing in the shade. Not long after we got in the line for the pre-show, these two wiseguys started their bickering:

We were admitted into the theater and Hunter was in the lead. We sat on the very front row, something we had never done before. We have always seemed to sit towards the back. I think I'd rather sit a little towards the back next time because we had to stay looking up all the time from the front row. I tried taking pictures with the flash off. Some are okay, some are not:

The volcano in the middle of theater started rumbling and the Tiki Goddess emerged:

Shoodoop shoooby doo! Shoodoop shooby doo! In the still of the niiiight..... Or is this the part where they sing....get on your feet? I don't remember.

This one turned out blurry but I was walking for Pete's sake.

***Next installment: Captain Hook and his sidekick try to swipe Hunter's watch!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #1442
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Well, I'm still trying to catch up but I'm only (only - HA) up to page 25 and I'm getting pretty bleary-eyed.

Page 97?!? I'cot moderators would have a stroke!

For some reason, I can't see the pics. I'm not even getting the bandwidth message either. Maybe IT here at work has done something to the filters again. Oh, poop!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #1443
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
Well, I'm still trying to catch up but I'm only (only - HA) up to page 25 and I'm getting pretty bleary-eyed.

Page 97?!? I'cot moderators would have a stroke!

For some reason, I can't see the pics. I'm not even getting the bandwidth message either. Maybe IT here at work has done something to the filters again. Oh, poop!
I wonder what the deal is? Let me go look at page 25 and see which Photobucket account I was using at the time. I have three or four of them now just to try and keep the pictures showing.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #1444
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Mary,

I have no idea why you can't see the pictures on page 25. They are showing up fine and dandy for me.

Hey! Anybody else out there! Can ya'll see the pictures on page 25?

Old 10-15-2009, 02:45 PM   #1445
It'sWDW4me
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Mary,

I have no idea why you can't see the pictures on page 25. They are showing up fine and dandy for me.

Hey! Anybody else out there! Can ya'll see the pictures on page 25?
It's the entire shebang that I can't see - starting page 1. The links don't even appear for me here on DIS. On I'cot, the links appeared but when I tried to open them all I got was a fresh, white screen. No bandwidth message, no "sorry link can't be opened right now" message, no "sorry, not a winner, try again". Nothing, nada, zip.

The same deal happened on your first TR but, when I was about half-way through, all of a sudden - voila! I was able to see them (remember the gorilla behind the bushes with the pretty purple flowers? - it's one of my wallpaper choices). So this is what makes me think that IT has deemed photobucket a dangerous, restricted thing and put some sort of lock on it.

Or maybe, half-way through this one, voila! will happen again and I'll have to go back and look at all the pics later. It just kills me when someone comments on a pic (pizza delivery truck)!!

WDW Commando Member #120

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 10-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #1446
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's the entire shebang that I can't see - starting page 1. The links don't even appear for me here on DIS. On I'cot, the links appeared but when I tried to open them all I got was a fresh, white screen. No bandwidth message, no "sorry link can't be opened right now" message, no "sorry, not a winner, try again". Nothing, nada, zip.

The same deal happened on your first TR but, when I was about half-way through, all of a sudden - voila! I was able to see them (remember the gorilla behind the bushes with the pretty purple flowers? - it's one of my wallpaper choices). So this is what makes me think that IT has deemed photobucket a dangerous, restricted thing and put some sort of lock on it.

Or maybe, half-way through this one, voila! will happen again and I'll have to go back and look at all the pics later. It just kills me when someone comments on a pic (pizza delivery truck)!!
They all showed up for me.. I had to go change all of my picutes last night on my thread. Thank you photobucket. But now it is all fixed once again

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #1447
It'sWDW4me
HOLD THE PHONE!

Disney now needs a new "Celebrate" button - "I wrote 'pee' and 'booger' on a trip report and got myself banned from INTERCOT!"

Oh, you REBEL! Their loss..... especially once everyone finds you here!

WDW Commando Member #120

Last edited by It'sWDW4me; 10-15-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: add
Old 10-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #1448
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney now needs a new "Celebrate" button - "I wrote 'pee' and 'booger' on a trip report and got myself banned from INTERCOT!"

Oh, you REBEL! Their loss..... especially once everyone finds you here!
I am so loving you right now! Too funny!

I hope that the others will come over too.

Old 10-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #1449
It'sWDW4me
HOLD THE PHONE!

Quote:
I am so loving you right now! Too funny!

I hope that the others will come over too.
Come to the dark side... let's all use our Jedi powers.

WDW Commando Member #120

Old 10-15-2009, 03:57 PM   #1450
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't go Lisa. It's a trick

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 10-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #1451
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And now, even though Hunter has never even heard of you, it's official....he loves you too. Anybody who can quote anything remotely Star Wars related is a winner in Hunter's book!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #1452
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Thanks for the post, Lisa! You know, I remember doing the tiki room when I was younger and we went to Disney, but I haven't done it since it has been under "new management". It seems I remember that show getting on my nerves as a kid, so it didn't really appeal to me now. Maybe I should give it another shot?

Oh, I wanted to mention, I could see your pics on page 25. Good thing I went back, because I didn't get to see them the first go around when you originally having problems with Photobucket.

So, I got to see them today!

Bummer about your boss marrying a former hooker. Let's hope he's learned his lesson this time!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-15-2009, 04:09 PM   #1453
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

BTW Lisa. How are Lacey and Jesse?

Old 10-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #1454
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Don't go Lisa. It's a trick
And she's probably sitting in front of a box fan making her voice sound all funny too. Remember that on Tommy Boy? I'm such a movie nerd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Thanks for the post, Lisa! You know, I remember doing the tiki room when I was younger and we went to Disney, but I haven't done it since it has been under "new management". It seems I remember that show getting on my nerves as a kid, so it didn't really appeal to me now. Maybe I should give it another shot?

Oh, I wanted to mention, I could see your pics on page 25. Good thing I went back, because I didn't get to see them the first go around when you originally having problems with Photobucket.

So, I got to see them today!

Bummer about your boss marrying a former hooker. Let's hope he's learned his lesson this time!
I'd definitely give the Enchanted Tiki Room a try. There is a little bit of rumbing thunder and the lights go dark when the goddess comes out of the volcano but it's not scary. Since you have Mitchell now, it gives you a reason to watch the show again through your little one's eyes.

My boss just called. Said the lady was very educated, very nice, had a great job and wait for it........

......very UGLY! Poor baby!

Old 10-15-2009, 04:17 PM   #1455
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And she's probably sitting in front of a box fan making her voice sound all funny too. Remember that on Tommy Boy? I'm such a movie nerd!

I'd definitely give the Enchanted Tiki Room a try. There is a little bit of rumbing thunder and the lights go dark when the goddess comes out of the volcano but it's not scary. Since you have Mitchell now, it gives you a reason to watch the show again through your little one's eyes.

My boss just called. Said the lady was very educated, very nice, had a great job and wait for it........

......very UGLY! Poor baby!

I love Tommy Boy

Well, beauty didn't work out for him so much last time. Maybe he should just buy a blindfold.

My girls have Darth saying I am your father on their ringtone when Don calls them

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: