Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #1426
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

He just left. So glad he did because he was getting on my nerves. He's meeting her at a restaurant that's 58 miles away. When I asked if he'd be back this afternoon, he said "not if I get lucky". I just stuck my fingers in my ears and started staying "La la la la la, I didn't hear that". At least it made him laugh and I'm alone for a while.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #1427
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone's day is good and you are not getting more rain. Our leaves are starting to turn and yes it will rain today. But it is real pretty out my window. This is what I see. I'm on the 4th floor. The trees are kinda hard to see sorry.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Have a good Dis Day
I can see the different colors of the trees. I have been wanting to get to Hot Springs so badly but with the medical problems that the family has been having and then the rain, we'd still not gotten up there. I need to go before the leaves start to drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Good morning Lisa!

The trees here are absolutely gorgeous! As much as I hate the snow and cold that follows, I LOVE fall in Western New York. The trees all around here are yellow and orange and red!

Now I just need to find the time to take the boys apple picking so I can make some homemade apple butter! YUMMMMM!
Our trees change color but because it's a lot of flat land, you can't really see the colors. You need to post some pictures for us to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm with you too...hate winter. And my DH has thought of blowing the leaves to the neighbors house; he has a tree, but his leaves fall and blow to our house because we are in the cul de sc...DH is very crabby right now. They are actually prediciting rain mixed with snow here tomorrow night. (:
Yes, I should get to work too.
We live on a few acres at a dead end and don't have to deal with neighbors too much. But, there's one man that every time he mows his yard, he turns his lawnmower to where it blows all of his grass and chopped up leaves into the edge of our land. Does it every time!

Any snow yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
While reading the weather stuff from you "northern" folk , I checked out what it's supposed to be here.

Mid 80s today with TStorms (can see them a ways off on the radar to our NW already), tomorrow about the same, then it gets chilly... Low-Mid 70s this weekend (and dry)

I did look it up at Beth's house, 46 right now, and Snow Showers forecasted for late Friday. Looks like this weekend will be good for another few quips about her moving down here
Mobile weather sounds a lot like our West Monroe weather. It's storming right now and the high today is 80 something. Certainly not cool. I think our high this weekend is somewhere in the 60s.

Tell Beth to bundle Ms. Emily and herself up. We don't need them getting sick! And, yes, I think you should throw out the "why don't you move down here where it's warmer" question.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #1428
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hi Lisa,

I was a few pages behind, but I'm all caught up now!!

Great updates!! I love all the pictures at the Poly. The ones taken with each of you in front of the Tiki God turned out great!!

My father is afraid of heights also. I actually didn't realize how much until our trip in August.

a snake!! So glad we didn't see one on our trip....DH and DS are terrified!!!

I the DIS!!! I'm so glad I found it first....sorry about the trouble you're having at Intercot though.

But most importantly,I'm so glad that your mom and BIL are doing better. That's such good news!!!!
I wish I had changed the settings on my camera when I took the Tiki God pictures. They were a little washed out looking. But, still, they are memories.

I've been afraid of heights as long as I can remember. Just can't stand being high up.

Snakes give me the heebie jeebies!

Quote:
We actually get more ice and sleet than snow. I wish it were the snow. I just noticed your pink ribbon. Congratulations survivor. I had a different kind of the C. It was thyroid which is normally an easy fix but I had to have the one in a million that spreads to other parts of the body. I've been clean a year and will get a test in Nov that hopefully turns out well. We just keep hanging in there don't we? I'm am a bid Relay for Life supprorter.
If we get anything it's usually sleet and ice too. If and that's a big "IF" we get snow, it doesn't last long and it's light.

We KNOW that your November test will turn out well. Don't start throwing that "hopefully turns out well" mess in there.

Quote:
Congratulations. It's been 3 years for me this February (had a scare in August that it had come back, but it was benign). I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for November that it is great news...which I know it will be.
Hooray for three years!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #1429
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
He just left. So glad he did because he was getting on my nerves. He's meeting her at a restaurant that's 58 miles away. When I asked if he'd be back this afternoon, he said "not if I get lucky". I just stuck my fingers in my ears and started staying "La la la la la, I didn't hear that". At least it made him laugh and I'm alone for a while.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #1430
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
OMG...I am finally caught up!!!!
First- I am glad your Mom & BIL are feeling better. I can't believe the attitude on your niece, though! I don't blame you for hanging up. I mean- you were going through a lot, too, with everyone's ailments, but you weren't snapping at people. Some people can't handle ANY stress.
I LOVE that bread at the Luau, too! I am SO debating whether or not to splurge to stay at the Poly or not in December 2010. I can't decide!
And, well, as far as Intercot...most of the people over there are great. You know I was over there for YEARS until you got me over here with your last UNCENSORED trip report (you can't say pee, you rebel! ). Now- I posted a PTR & TR here...not there. I'm not going back over there because it is just a little too uptight. Maybe you should give your other TR readers over there a little "nudge" in this direction. It worked with me!
Now...I am of to catch up on all of the other TR's I missed out on while sick in WDW & getting older over the weekend!
I'm glad that you're back and caught up. Yeah, the niece needs an attitude adjustment in the worst kind of way. I'm not going to be her attitude chiropractor though. Somebody else can do it though.

The luau bread was so delicious. The four of us ate two and a half loaves. Little piggies we were!

I haven't completely given up on Intercot. I've said all I am going to say to the moderator(s) unless something else comes up. I am going to continue the report and hope that my readers keep reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinia View Post
Lisa,
The luau outfits were very nice - loved them! So glad your BIL is home from the hospital and that your mom is doing better.

On the heights thing I am kind of weird. Mostly I am good but if DS is next to the rail in the mall I want him to hold my hand or if I see the Grand Canyon even on TV it scares me! DH wants to visit - told him he can go alone! So I guess you could say I'm scared of the FALL!

Congrats to all you BIG C survivors!
I liked the luau outfits too. The kids thought we were going to be the only ones who were matchy-matchy but that certainly wasn't the case.

Thanks for the kind words about my mother and brother in law. They are both progressing well.

Heaven forbid if someone gets too close to a railing or the edge of a mountain. Freaks me out! We ate at Planet Hollywood several years ago and were seating on the top floor. The "walls" around the dining area are glass. I hated it. Everybody else loved the view. I ate with my back to the "view" the entire time.

I'd love to go to the Grand Canyon too but I think I'd be scared the whole time. We did visit Mesa Verdes and it was so pretty. But, I didn't get too close to the edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinia View Post
We always have that fear darn it. I don't know if you read on my TR but my FIL has bone ca that has now spread to his brain. It is such a sad situation and my heart breaks for him and my dear sweet MIL. They are the best people in the world and to top it off his Alzheimers has really kicked in with all the morphine and stuff.

Am so sorry to read about your FIL. Sending prayers yalls way.
I had ovarian pre-cancer several years ago. When the doctor asked me what I wanted to do about treatment, I said "get it out of there". I mean what was I supposed to do? Wait and see if it became cancer? No way!

I am so sorry to hear about your father in law. It's really hard to watch a loved one suffer so very badly. Tell your mother in law that I am keeping her husband and her in my prayers.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #1431
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2B a Princess View Post
Great updates! The luau sounds like it was a lot of fun. We've eaten at 'Ohana twice but haven't done the luau...I think I'll schedule that for our next trip (who knows when that might be, though).

I'm also terrified of heights -- the second floor of the Poly scares me silly -- and my husband and girls love to go look over the railing. Yikes!!! I think they do it for my reaction. LOL

We saw a snake when we were at CBR, too. It wasn't too far from us when someone pointed it out to us. I was glad they did so we could jump away!
Ohana is on our list of restaurants to try next trip. I think I've read somewhere that they'll bring out hot dogs or fries or something for finicky kids. If not, Hunter's gonna starve!

Heights I sometimes wonder if John leans over railings just to see what I'll do too. Mean mean man!

I read on another trip report that a lady and her daughter went into the Polynesian and there was a small green snake behind one of tables in the sitting area. She even had picture of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Hi, Lisa! Just dropping in to say HELLO!
Sorry I didn't get a chance to say hello to you yesterday. So...Hello yesterday and today!

Quote:
Welcome Mary and Beth!!! Delighted to have you here.
Thanks for welcoming them aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Thanks, it looks like a fun place.
It is pretty fun around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
Thanks!

Boy, just read a few pages and can already tell that this is a livelier bunch. My kind of people!
We're lively alright. Can't get us to calm down or shut up.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #1432
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello Mary and Beth. I've been missing this afternoon cause I had to write paychecks. I love my job. Well, that part of it anyway. So far Lisa has not been in bad trouble here. Just a smidge. But we will all see what we can do to keep you here. We are a pretty friendly bunch.

Ginny
Even if I did do something bad, my friends here would put me in line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Welcome Beth & Mary,
Lisa's TR is very lively...hope you enjoy and we all new friends to the dis...

Hello! Lisa,
hope you are having a great day...sorry I didn't come over sooner catching up on other threads and playing with Ashton...today started sunny and now it is raining; again

BTW: I had a dream last night that we were all censored for talking about Christmas
Sorry I didn't say hey yesterday. We started out a little sunny yesterday but then it started raining again.

Quote:
Will we have to learn to use a code word?
Just make sure that the code words are easy to remember!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #1433
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Loved your update! For me, when I see the castle, I truly know that I have arrived! What a wonderful feeling to see it. I have really enjoyed all of the pictures you've taken. It really makes the story come alive!

Lacey is just too adorable. Love the jumping pics of her and Hunter.
I bet I've been to the Magic Kingdom at least two dozen times and every time it brings tears to my eyes. It's just magical.

Lacey's a really nutcase but I wouldn't trade her or Hunter for the world!

Quote:
Love that magical update. Totally wonderfull. That shirt of Laceys is too cute. She has good taste. I think John and Don must be related. He too could nod off to sleep without thinking twice. Naughty boys.

They are doing a fine job on the jumping pics. Looks to me it was a tad bit crowded.

Ginny
Lacey's shirt was really cute. Too bad you can't see it better in the pictures.

John and Don probably are related since they so many of the same things. It's really weird...I'll turn around and he's asleep but then two minutes later he looks wide awake.

It was crowded on Main Street. I tried getting another picture to see if it would come out better but there were just too many people to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Great couple of updates. Sorry about the heights thing. It's freaking me out more as I get older. I don't remember the Poly bothering me, but we didn't get there this trip...the more I think about it the more things I think of that we "didn't get to". Thank goodness for June.

LOVE me some pictures of the castle. Makes me feel almost homesick.

The jumping pictures are just too cute.

Wanted to send a shout out to your new recruits. It's too bad you don't get a tag or avatar or something for recruiting people. You might have the record.

Hope you had a good evening.

And hi to all my other friends. I promise I'm trying to get to your threads...a lot going on here...I'm working on it.
I wouldn't let the heights scare me away from the Poly. It's too pretty to be scared away from. I'll just continue to stick to the walls.

Aren't you glad that you've got another trip coming up! Me too! If I didn't know that we were going back year after year, I'd be one depressed little girl.

Maybe we should make up a "recruit" badge avatar.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #1434
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Great update!
Thanks! If the boss stays away long enough, I'm going to post more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run4Disney View Post
Hi Lisa! I'm here! On page 17 trying to get caught up.

Rhonda
Hey Rhonda! Since you've pretty much read it all before, it shouldn't take you long to catch up. But, it's fun to read all the chatter because you can get to know us all.

Quote:
Great update, Lisa. And it is so NICE to read it all in one thread (sorry...I couldn't help myself).
You are a bad girl! And you were calling me a rebel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTrny View Post
WOW, this thread seems to go on forever! Maybe you should quit and start a new one?

Ummm...on second thought, no. I like it the way it is.

WOO HOOOO!!!!!
Welcome Sean! I see that my friends have already welcomed you. Sorry I wasn't able to say hey earlier!

Old 10-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #1435
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Ok - I'm finally caught up. Man, I don't get over here for three days and I'm LOST!! I'm with you - the Poly is my dream resort! I stayed there when I was a kid, but I couldn't appreciate it! We went to the luau when my parents took us on an adults-only family vacation (pre kids) in 2000. Geez, that shouldn't have been almost 10 years ago!! Anyway, we actually got my brother (23 at the time) to go up onstage and dance. It was worth it just for that! And I agree, it's fun to dress up every once in a while. I don't think DH agrees with me - he's not happy that I've told him he has to bring a polo and a pair of khaki shorts for dinner at 1900 Park Fair next June. Oh, well, he'll deal! Great MK update. I love all of the other parks, too, but your vacation just isn't complete until you walk down Main Street for that first time.

Wow, you're getting quite the bunch of groupies now from your other TR. to everyone! It's always good to see more DISers!
At least you're all caught up again. I'm doing catching up myself this morning.

I'd stay at the Poly in a heartbeat. Just waiting on that ship to sail in with my treasure chest full of money.

John is getting better about wearing more than just a plain old gray t-shirt and a pair of shorts. He's starting to wear a lot of button up casual shirts and khakis now. Let's see.....it only took me 25 years to change him. Heck, that's not bad at all in my opinion. How many years have ya'll been married? Just subtract that from 25 years and that's how much longer you have to deal with it.

I'm very humbled and pleased that I have had readers follow me over. It makes me really proud! Seriously!

Quote:
Who, me???
And ya'll are trying to call me naughty!

Quote:
Fun update! Lisa
how men can sleep anywhere... the jump shot is a great one!!!
and the pic of you and the kids by the train station, that's a keeper for sure....but than all your shots of any of you guys together always come out great...must be all that love and laughter shining through...

to all the new disers...
Thanks for joining in on the fun!!!!
John can fall asleep virtually anywhere. He likes to blame it on how many epilepsy meds he takes but he used to do that before he even got hurt.

I thought the jumping picture was okay. It wasn't as good as the Epcot one. But, there were lots more people around us at the Magic Kingdom.

I think our pictures together are always good too. We were just so very happy to be together.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:53 PM   #1436
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning Lisa. I finally got to work but not by choice. I love that your boss went on a blind date. That is too much. We used to try and set my brother up all the time. Never worked out. He was too set in his ways. No one would take him now if you paid them. It would be nice if the boss had a person in his life. Might take him away from the office a bit. That is always good.

I'm on my way to the 'other'board now.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #1437
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Lisa- I loved your last update!! You guys look like such a blast to hang around with. Have you ever had a Dole Whip?? It has become a must-do for me...unless I am delirious with fever like I was a couple of weeks ago.
That is SO funny about your boss's comment about getting lucky. I hope he doesn't give you T.M.I. when he gets back!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #1438
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning! Lisa and all disfriends!!!
hope the weather is a better day!!! the cooler weather should be coming down to the south soon!!!

Have a fun day!!!
Connie
Morning Connie...oops, Afternoon Connie,

The rain is slowing down a bit. Hopefully, it'll stop completely before too long.

Quote:
Too funny! Let us know how it goes, if he tells you!
Quote:
Quote:
Good morning Lisa. I finally got to work but not by choice. I love that your boss went on a blind date. That is too much. We used to try and set my brother up all the time. Never worked out. He was too set in his ways. No one would take him now if you paid them. It would be nice if the boss had a person in his life. Might take him away from the office a bit. That is always good.

I'm on my way to the 'other'board now.
Oh, I am sure that the bossman will come in here and tell me all about it. If he goes into too much details, I may just have to put my fingers in my ears again.

The silly man met a lady on the internet before. She was in California and was a looker. But, turned out she was a prior hooker too. Yep, hooker. He didn't find this out until he had moved her here, helped pay off her student loans and already been suckered into marrying him. Didn't take too long for him to find all those things and he filed for divorce. Actually, I think he had it annuled. You'd think he would have been smart enough to check her out before he did all those things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Lisa- I loved your last update!! You guys look like such a blast to hang around with. Have you ever had a Dole Whip?? It has become a must-do for me...unless I am delirious with fever like I was a couple of weeks ago.
That is SO funny about your boss's comment about getting lucky. I hope he doesn't give you T.M.I. when he gets back!!!
In all of my trips to Disney, I've never had a Dole Whip. I always walk by and talk about how good the smells are that come from "that" building. But, I am allergic to milk....gives me headaches and nosebleeds. Not anything I can help by taking the Lactaid pills because it's not my stomach that it bothers. So, I try to stay away from ice cream as much as I can. Sometimes I just can't help myself though.

The boss better not come back with too much information or I may throw up!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:08 PM   #1439
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Shooby De Dooby! I took me a while to catch up on my replies to everybody. I just got an email from photobucket. Apparently, my bandwidth on the first account is about to be exceeded again. Let's try this account:

Old 10-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #1440
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Yeah! It works.....picture me jumping up like Lacey and Hunter were doing.

Now, let me upload more pictures to photobucket account number whatever it is and I'll post another update.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: