Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #1396
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Ok you rebel I followed you here. man if they had a cow about your tread on intercot being so long they would freak with this one.

I'm glad to get caught up on your trip report.
Welcome to Dis!!!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #1397
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Thanks for the link, Lisa. Now to re-read to see what the other site snipped out (already see the title's a smidge different)!

You go girl!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2009, 03:15 PM   #1398
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Ok you rebel I followed you here. man if they had a cow about your tread on intercot being so long they would freak with this one.

I'm glad to get caught up on your trip report.
Everybody, tell Beth hello! She one of my readers from another forum! Beth, I am so glad that you came aboard. I think you can see that we like to talk about a whole lot of things that have nothing to do with my trip report. But, that's why we are a big ole' bunch of friends now. Welcome friend! Feel free to post anything you want.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-14-2009, 03:20 PM   #1399
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sWDW4me View Post
Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Thanks for the link, Lisa. Now to re-read to see what the other site snipped out (already see the title's a smidge different)!

You go girl!

Mary's here everybody! Another "convert"! Welcome aboard! Please feel free to chit chat all you want about anything you want.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #1400
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Welcome Mary and Beth!!! Delighted to have you here.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #1401
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Thanks, it looks like a fun place.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #1402
It'sWDW4me
Fairly new... still gets a tag :)
HOLD THE PHONE!
I think it's easier to reason with a CHIMPANZEE than to reason with a tween/early teen!

Thanks!

Boy, just read a few pages and can already tell that this is a livelier bunch. My kind of people!

WDW Commando Member #120

Me; DS (18); Bear (7); Cosmo (7? He's a stray who found his home with us)

No more tickers for a very long while.

March 1986 - offsite; March 2002 - offsite; August 2006 - POP; August 2007 - OKW (free upgrade from ASMo!); August 2008 - POR; August 2010 - CBR ; August 2012 - DCL's Fantasy ; July 2013 - POP & 1st solo trip!
Old 10-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #1403
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinia View Post
We always have that fear darn it. I don't know if you read on my TR but my FIL has bone ca that has now spread to his brain. It is such a sad situation and my heart breaks for him and my dear sweet MIL. They are the best people in the world and to top it off his Alzheimers has really kicked in with all the morphine and stuff.

Am so sorry to read about your FIL. Sending prayers yalls way.
Thank you for that. All prayers are accepted. I see you are from the Show-Me state too.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-14-2009, 04:02 PM   #1404
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Hello Mary and Beth. I've been missing this afternoon cause I had to write paychecks. I love my job. Well, that part of it anyway. So far Lisa has not been in bad trouble here. Just a smidge. But we will all see what we can do to keep you here. We are a pretty friendly bunch.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 10-14-2009, 04:06 PM   #1405
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Welcome Beth & Mary,
Lisa's TR is very lively...hope you enjoy and we all new friends to the dis...

Hello! Lisa,
hope you are having a great day...sorry I didn't come over sooner catching up on other threads and playing with Ashton...today started sunny and now it is raining; again

BTW: I had a dream last night that we were all censored for talking about Christmas
Old 10-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #1406
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Welcome Beth & Mary,
Lisa's TR is very lively...hope you enjoy and we all new friends to the dis...

Hello! Lisa,
hope you are having a great day...sorry I didn't come over sooner catching up on other threads and playing with Ashton...today started sunny and now it is raining; again

BTW: I had a dream last night that we were all censored for talking about Christmas
Will we have to learn to use a code word?

Old 10-14-2009, 05:01 PM   #1407
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ring! Ring! Ring! I reach over and answer the phone and, guess what! Stitch starts yelling at me to "get up!" What do you know! My first "real" Disney wake-up call of this trip. I was beginning to wonder if Stitch was on vacation or something.

I get up first and everybody else follows along. Before too long, we are ready and out the door. Today is our first day at the Magic Kingdom! Again, we walk to the Old Port Royale bus stop since it's closer. The walk? Two minutes tops. We lucked up again and a Magic Kingdom bus rolled up in no time at all.

When we got on the bus, there was hardly anyone on. Guess what John did? Ding! Ding! Ding! Give my Disfriends a nickle! He fell asleep!

It wasn't a real hard sleep. Just one of those close your eyes and your head nods a little sleep. He can do that in no time at all. Anyway, Lacey started laughing and punched her Daddy in the side so I could get a picture of them together.

See the shirt Lacey's wearing. That's the one that she bought at Epcot. I'm sure there are other pictures of the shirt. As a matter of fact, I am sure there's at least one full shirt picture.

Once the bus started filling up, John's little mini-nap was over. This morning, we had a lively bunch on the bus with us. There was a mother and grown daughter and her child sitting right next to us. Across the bus from us was a couple with their two children. We all started chatting and sharing stories. By the time we arrived at the park, we were all laughing at each other's stories. It was a fun ride and a fun way to start our day.

It was a little after park opening when we arrived at the Magic Kingdom. Not transportation fault, just our lazy behinds not getting up and moving on time.
It didnt' take us long to get through security check. I was surprised that there weren't more people taking pictures in front of the train station. Guess everybody was more anxious to get into the park itself.

John took a picture of the kids and I:

We were all anxious to get our first glimpse of the castle. Well, not our first first glimpse of the castle but our first for this trip. We walked under the train station and around the hub to see this:

Ahhhh, Main Street! Pure Disney magic!

One of the hanging baskets:

Sing with me now....."clang, clang, clang goes the mmm mmm mmm ......." ooops forgot the rest of the words.

Hey a balloon vendor:

Since the Epcot "jump" picture turned out so well, I told Lacey and Hunter to try one at the Magic Kingdom. Not so easy to do when you have tons of people walking around you. Yes, we got those "look at those poor crazy people" looks.

Our plan was to do Adventureland first and then figure out what to do next. A picture I took while walking down the pathway near Crystal Palace.

I spotted a photopass photographer and asked him to take our pictures. He was sick. How did I know? He kept sniffing and had cough drop breath. He took pictures of us as a group and then one of John and I and one of Lacey and Hunter. They didn't turn out so good. He had us say GOOFY and snapped us while our mouths were open. I'll have to upload the photopass pictures one day so I can post them.

Photopass pictures taken, we continued our walk towards Adventureland.

When we heard the music, Lacey started doing a little dance. Do any of you remember the movie Can't Buy Me Love? If so, remember the part where the nerdy guy thinks he is watching American Bandstand and is learning how to do a really cool dance. It later turns out to be a demonstration of the African Anteater Dance on the Discovery Channel! For those of you who haven't it's really funny....it's like this tribal dance.

Anyway, here's a picture of Lacey doing the African Anteater Dance to be beat of the Adventureland drums:

One day, I am going to stop and get a Dole Whip from here:

Just before we got the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Lacey saw a vendor who was selling pins and jewelry. She stopped to see if she could find something for her Mission friends something.

***Okay, I'll stop here. Sorry, it's a short post but the 5:00 bell just rang. Heading home to cook dinner, wash clothes, help with homework, etc. etc. etc. I'll try to get on the Dis tonight while Hunter is working on his report. Staying home from Wednesday night church because we have a special seminar type thing at church.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 10-15-2009 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:38 PM   #1408
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Loved your update! For me, when I see the castle, I truly know that I have arrived! What a wonderful feeling to see it. I have really enjoyed all of the pictures you've taken. It really makes the story come alive!

Lacey is just too adorable. Love the jumping pics of her and Hunter.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-14-2009, 06:50 PM   #1409
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Love that magical update. Totally wonderfull. That shirt of Laceys is too cute. She has good taste. I think John and Don must be related. He too could nod off to sleep without thinking twice. Naughty boys.

They are doing a fine job on the jumping pics. Looks to me it was a tad bit crowded.

Ginny

Old 10-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #1410
hhockman
DIS Veteran

Great couple of updates. Sorry about the heights thing. It's freaking me out more as I get older. I don't remember the Poly bothering me, but we didn't get there this trip...the more I think about it the more things I think of that we "didn't get to". Thank goodness for June.

LOVE me some pictures of the castle. Makes me feel almost homesick.

The jumping pictures are just too cute.

Wanted to send a shout out to your new recruits. It's too bad you don't get a tag or avatar or something for recruiting people. You might have the record.

Hope you had a good evening.

And hi to all my other friends. I promise I'm trying to get to your threads...a lot going on here...I'm working on it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: