Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #1381
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Good morning Lisa!

The trees here are absolutely gorgeous! As much as I hate the snow and cold that follows, I LOVE fall in Western New York. The trees all around here are yellow and orange and red!

Now I just need to find the time to take the boys apple picking so I can make some homemade apple butter! YUMMMMM!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #1382
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Hi Kathy, I see you are north of me by about 10 hours. My mom is from a little town called Farmer City and my brother lived in Rockford for many years. I'm glad I'm not further north. I hate winter. There are not many things I hate in this world but that is #1 for me. I think my DH gets the leaf blower and sends all the leaves to the neighbor. Now since they have no trees you would think they would catch on but so far (3 years) they haven't. Lucky Don.

You have a great day. I really will work now.
I'm with you too...hate winter. And my DH has thought of blowing the leaves to the neighbors house; he has a tree, but his leaves fall and blow to our house because we are in the cul de sc...DH is very crabby right now. They are actually prediciting rain mixed with snow here tomorrow night. (:
Yes, I should get to work too.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #1383
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

While reading the weather stuff from you "northern" folk , I checked out what it's supposed to be here.

Mid 80s today with TStorms (can see them a ways off on the radar to our NW already), tomorrow about the same, then it gets chilly... Low-Mid 70s this weekend (and dry)

I did look it up at Beth's house, 46 right now, and Snow Showers forecasted for late Friday. Looks like this weekend will be good for another few quips about her moving down here

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Old 10-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #1384
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Hi Lisa,

I was a few pages behind, but I'm all caught up now!!

Great updates!! I love all the pictures at the Poly. The ones taken with each of you in front of the Tiki God turned out great!!

My father is afraid of heights also. I actually didn't realize how much until our trip in August.

a snake!! So glad we didn't see one on our trip....DH and DS are terrified!!!

I the DIS!!! I'm so glad I found it first....sorry about the trouble you're having at Intercot though.

But most importantly,I'm so glad that your mom and BIL are doing better. That's such good news!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #1385
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm with you too...hate winter. And my DH has thought of blowing the leaves to the neighbors house; he has a tree, but his leaves fall and blow to our house because we are in the cul de sc...DH is very crabby right now. They are actually prediciting rain mixed with snow here tomorrow night. (:
Yes, I should get to work too.
We actually get more ice and sleet than snow. I wish it were the snow. I just noticed your pink ribbon. Congratulations survivor. I had a different kind of the C. It was thyroid which is normally an easy fix but I had to have the one in a million that spreads to other parts of the body. I've been clean a year and will get a test in Nov that hopefully turns out well. We just keep hanging in there don't we? I'm am a bid Relay for Life supprorter.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #1386
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We actually get more ice and sleet than snow. I wish it were the snow. I just noticed your pink ribbon. Congratulations survivor. I had a different kind of the C. It was thyroid which is normally an easy fix but I had to have the one in a million that spreads to other parts of the body. I've been clean a year and will get a test in Nov that hopefully turns out well. We just keep hanging in there don't we? I'm am a bid Relay for Life supprorter.
Congratulations. It's been 3 years for me this February (had a scare in August that it had come back, but it was benign). I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for November that it is great news...which I know it will be.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #1387
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

OMG...I am finally caught up!!!!
First- I am glad your Mom & BIL are feeling better. I can't believe the attitude on your niece, though! I don't blame you for hanging up. I mean- you were going through a lot, too, with everyone's ailments, but you weren't snapping at people. Some people can't handle ANY stress.
I LOVE that bread at the Luau, too! I am SO debating whether or not to splurge to stay at the Poly or not in December 2010. I can't decide!
And, well, as far as Intercot...most of the people over there are great. You know I was over there for YEARS until you got me over here with your last UNCENSORED trip report (you can't say pee, you rebel! ). Now- I posted a PTR & TR here...not there. I'm not going back over there because it is just a little too uptight. Maybe you should give your other TR readers over there a little "nudge" in this direction. It worked with me!
Now...I am of to catch up on all of the other TR's I missed out on while sick in WDW & getting older over the weekend!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #1388
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
While reading the weather stuff from you "northern" folk , I checked out what it's supposed to be here.

Mid 80s today with TStorms (can see them a ways off on the radar to our NW already), tomorrow about the same, then it gets chilly... Low-Mid 70s this weekend (and dry)

I did look it up at Beth's house, 46 right now, and Snow Showers forecasted for late Friday. Looks like this weekend will be good for another few quips about her moving down here
Rub it in Allan. I'm moving down there. That will teach you.

Quote:
Congratulations. It's been 3 years for me this February (had a scare in August that it had come back, but it was benign). I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for November that it is great news...which I know it will be.
We always have that fear darn it. I don't know if you read on my TR but my FIL has bone ca that has now spread to his brain. It is such a sad situation and my heart breaks for him and my dear sweet MIL. They are the best people in the world and to top it off his Alzheimers has really kicked in with all the morphine and stuff.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #1389
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Rub it in Allan. I'm moving down there. That will teach you.

We always have that fear darn it. I don't know if you read on my TR but my FIL has bone ca that has now spread to his brain. It is such a sad situation and my heart breaks for him and my dear sweet MIL. They are the best people in the world and to top it off his Alzheimers has really kicked in with all the morphine and stuff.
I'm sorry to hear about your FIL; I lost my dad last year and it is so hard watching our parents/inlaws get older. I am off to read your TR now...don't feel like working.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #1390
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear about your FIL; I lost my dad last year and it is so hard watching our parents/inlaws get older. I am off to read your TR now...don't feel like working.
I would be gone too if I weren't writing pay checks. That keeps me here the rest of the week. I've read yours, just never comented. So I will go back and make my 2 cents known.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #1391
jinia
"For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple - I wanted to be an intergalatic princess." Janet Evanovich

Lisa,
The luau outfits were very nice - loved them! So glad your BIL is home from the hospital and that your mom is doing better.

On the heights thing I am kind of weird. Mostly I am good but if DS is next to the rail in the mall I want him to hold my hand or if I see the Grand Canyon even on TV it scares me! DH wants to visit - told him he can go alone! So I guess you could say I'm scared of the FALL!

Congrats to all you BIG C survivors!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #1392
jinia
"For the better part of my childhood, my professional aspirations were simple - I wanted to be an intergalatic princess." Janet Evanovich

Am so sorry to read about your FIL. Sending prayers yalls way.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:53 PM   #1393
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Great updates! The luau sounds like it was a lot of fun. We've eaten at 'Ohana twice but haven't done the luau...I think I'll schedule that for our next trip (who knows when that might be, though).

I'm also terrified of heights -- the second floor of the Poly scares me silly -- and my husband and girls love to go look over the railing. Yikes!!! I think they do it for my reaction. LOL

We saw a snake when we were at CBR, too. It wasn't too far from us when someone pointed it out to us. I was glad they did so we could jump away!

July 2009 TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, 1983, 1985, Grad Night '89
POP, July '07 / CBR, July '09 / ASMo, October '09
Offsite, November '10
DTD hotels, April '11
ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
Old 10-14-2009, 02:59 PM   #1394
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Don't I know it! Such a rebel!
Ok you rebel I followed you here. man if they had a cow about your tread on intercot being so long they would freak with this one.

I'm glad to get caught up on your trip report.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:08 PM   #1395
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Hi, Lisa! Just dropping in to say HELLO!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: