Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #1366
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

I don't subscribe to intercot; but, I went and read your link...that just seems so confusing!!! I only subscribe to the disboards and it seems I am quite content to stay here. I love my disfriends and I just don't have time to play somewhere else!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:13 PM   #1367
KatMark
DIS Veteran

If it doesn't get locked by the time I get home, I will post too! They upgraded my computer last night, so I've lost all my things I had "saved" here at the office and I don't remember what my password was on Intercot (I remember the DIS since I spend most of my time here).

I, personally, like the long running trip report...I very seldom go back to one that is done as separate threads...too confusing for this old lady.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 03:23 PM   #1368
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
You would make a mom so proud. I have decided after reading everything over there they (the mods) aren't hired for their knowledge or tact, let alone people skills.
Quote:
You posted a very open honest statement. It shouldn't take more than a 5th grade education to understand it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
From your mouth to their ears!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I posted over there too. I'll probably get the boot as well. I'm trying to just hurry up and finish my report up and then I think I will be done with them. They really do things strangely over there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
I don't subscribe to intercot; but, I went and read your link...that just seems so confusing!!! I only subscribe to the disboards and it seems I am quite content to stay here. I love my disfriends and I just don't have time to play somewhere else!
Quote:
If it doesn't get locked by the time I get home, I will post too! They upgraded my computer last night, so I've lost all my things I had "saved" here at the office and I don't remember what my password was on Intercot (I remember the DIS since I spend most of my time here).

I, personally, like the long running trip report...I very seldom go back to one that is done as separate threads...too confusing for this old lady.
I appreciate all of your support. You know, I'm not upset upset like the boo-hoo crying upset. Just kind of peeves upset. I have a lot of readers over there that I really enjoyed talking to. Don't understand the over-moderation. Anyway, I'm starting a new trip report over there and we'll see how it turns out.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:32 PM   #1369
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

As always we wish nothing but the best.

and from your friends at the dis

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #1370
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Hey, Lisa! I am all caught up now. Yay! First of all, I'm glad for the good news from both mom and BIL. HE has truly worked a blessing in your family. I hope for continued good reports from both of them.

I love the luau report and the post-luau report. You got some really great pictures and it looks like you all had such a nice time. And can I just say how pretty you looked all dressed up? Lacey, too. What pretty dresses! And I love how yours matched John's. I can't believe he went for it, though. DH won't even wear the same color as me, lest someone think we're trying to "match". What a goober he can be!

Intercot. What can I say? I'm just glad I found DIS first!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 10-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #1371
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It got locked. I think it's mostly that one moderator. I haven't felt her being freindly once yet.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #1372
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It got locked. I think it's mostly that one moderator. I haven't felt her being freindly once yet.
Why does this not surprise me. I know they close threads here if they don't stay on topic, but not as severely as they do over on Inter. Thank goodness both of your reports are here for me to read.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #1373
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrexie View Post
Great luau report! I went to the luau at the Polynesian about 11ish years ago when my husband and I took his daughter, who was about 12 at the time. We really enjoyed the dancing. If there was a story line then, I don't remember it, but I recall lots of different styles of dancing and excellent performers. My husband is a choreographer/dance professor (ballet & some modern) so is very picky about dance performances, but he loved it!

We went to Hawaii last May and went to a luau at one of the bigger hotels, and in some ways I think it wasn't as cool as the one at Disney, though the dancers were fabulous and we got to eat fish cooked in an underground oven.

I'm glad your mother and BIL are doing better. Too bad that a lot of medical types like to "diagnose" things they aren't qualified for!
I would so love to go to Hawaiian sometime. I'll get there one day. Given your husband's dance experience, it's nice to hear that he liked the luau at Disney.

Quote:
I so remember that big open metal platform to stand on for the monorail at the Poly. I stayed inside till I saw my family getting on. Thank goodness it wasn't overly busy. But is was [U]raining[U] afterall. I thought that tikl shop was kinda cute. We found cute hats in there anyway.
By the time I got to the outside metal platform, I was almost a total wreck. I just hate heights!

Quote:
Lisa, just for your information for next time...there is an elevator to the second floor at the Polynesian in the Ceremonial House. If you are coming in the front doors of the Polynesian, you would go to your right and it is toward the back windows on the right.

And I'm with you...I hate snakes.
I want to eat at Ohana next year so I am going to file the elevator location away in my notes.

Lacey said she wasn't too afraid of the snake mostly because it was nearly all the way in the shrubbery when she realized what it was.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:22 PM   #1374
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claryche View Post
I just found your trip report last night. I am loving reading it. Can't wait for the rest of it.
Welcome aboard! It's never ever too late to jump in on my trip report! As you can see, we are a really crazy bunch. (and I'm not just talking about my true family)

Hopefully, I can get another installment posted tomorrow.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #1375
CW4DW
Waiting to return to the World

Great update - the luau looked like lots of fun and all of y'all looked great matching!

Keep the updates coming ~ can't wait for more.

1st trip ever ~ September 2006 (Pop Century) | Winter Trip ~ January 2007 (Pop Century) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2007 (Riverside) | Honeymoon ~ October 2008 (Riverside) | Spring Break at Disneyland ~ March 2009 | Free Dining ~ September 2009 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2009 (Riverside) | Springtime Trip ~ May 2010 (Riverside) | Christmas Trip ~ November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) | Spring Trip ~ April 2011 (Riverside) | Fall Trip ~ September 2011 (Boardwalk Villas) | Christmas Trip ~ December 2011 (Riverside) | February/March 2012 (Riverside) | September 2012 (Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani Village) | December 2012 (Old Key West & Riverside)
Old 10-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #1376
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
As always we wish nothing but the best.

and from your friends at the dis
Thanks and hugs right back to you and everybody else on here! Group hug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Hey, Lisa! I am all caught up now. Yay! First of all, I'm glad for the good news from both mom and BIL. HE has truly worked a blessing in your family. I hope for continued good reports from both of them.

I love the luau report and the post-luau report. You got some really great pictures and it looks like you all had such a nice time. And can I just say how pretty you looked all dressed up? Lacey, too. What pretty dresses! And I love how yours matched John's. I can't believe he went for it, though. DH won't even wear the same color as me, lest someone think we're trying to "match". What a goober he can be!

Intercot. What can I say? I'm just glad I found DIS first!
Both Mama and my brother-in-law are in need of continued prayers. Thanks so much!

We did have a great time at the luau. It was so different than anything we have ever done at Disney.

Thanks for the compliment on the picture. We hardly ever "dress up" while on vacation and it felt pretty good. I was surprised that John would go for the coordinating outfits. But, he was the one who insisted that we do it. I doubt he would do it every day at Disney though.

I don't dislike the people on Intercot. I have had a lot of great people reading my report and we got along quite well with them. I just don't understand the over moderation.

Quote:
Quote:
Why does this not surprise me. I know they close threads here if they don't stay on topic, but not as severely as they do over on Inter. Thank goodness both of your reports are here for me to read.
They didn't close my 2nd trip report (yet) but they did close the thread that asked why my first report was closed. I kind of wonder if it was because I had people backing me up.

Kathy, I know that I've seen some reports closed on here too but not like they do over on the other boards.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #1377
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW4DW View Post
Great update - the luau looked like lots of fun and all of y'all looked great matching!

Keep the updates coming ~ can't wait for more.
The luau was a lot of fun. I was actually a little worried about it but am glad we decided to go. Thanks for the compliment. The kids were afraid we'd look "stupid" dressed the same. But, when we got there, they saw that a lot of people were doing it.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #1378
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone's day is good and you are not getting more rain. Our leaves are starting to turn and yes it will rain today. But it is real pretty out my window. This is what I see. I'm on the 4th floor. The trees are kinda hard to see sorry.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Have a good Dis Day

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 10-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #1379
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone's day is good and you are not getting more rain. Our leaves are starting to turn and yes it will rain today. But it is real pretty out my window. This is what I see. I'm on the 4th floor. The trees are kinda hard to see sorry.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Have a good Dis Day
Good morning. I can see the tree. Our trees have looked like that for about three or four weeks now, and 50% of our two big trees leaves are on the ground or in bags in our garage. (: I still haven't gotten used to being home where it has averaged 48 degrees (it should be 60-65) since we got back as opposed to the wonderful 90s we had in Florida.

Hope you have a great Dis Day too.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #1380
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Good morning. I can see the tree. Our trees have looked like that for about three or four weeks now, and 50% of our two big trees leaves are on the ground or in bags in our garage. (: I still haven't gotten used to being home where it has averaged 48 degrees (it should be 60-65) since we got back as opposed to the wonderful 90s we had in Florida.

Hope you have a great Dis Day too.
Hi Kathy, I see you are north of me by about 10 hours. My mom is from a little town called Farmer City and my brother lived in Rockford for many years. I'm glad I'm not further north. I hate winter. There are not many things I hate in this world but that is #1 for me. I think my DH gets the leaf blower and sends all the leaves to the neighbor. Now since they have no trees you would think they would catch on but so far (3 years) they haven't. Lucky Don.

You have a great day. I really will work now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: