Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #1351
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning Lisa. We are having rain. Now isn't that a surprise? I will tell you those Potassium pills make you sick. They are huge and he has to take one 3 times a day and stay up for 30 minutes after. They started him on 1 then 2 now 3. His last blood level is still low. But his Dr. here did think it had something to do with it. It was super low when they tested him at the time. He eats 2 bananas a day too. Only the ripe ones cause he has to leave the green ones for me.

Hope all is well with the family. We are all good for now. I reposted Austin's pep rally on fb. Straight from my computer this time. It is easier to watch. I wish the Dis would let you post from your computer instead of having to have a link.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 10-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #1352
Wrexie
Disney-bound in January 2010!

Great luau report! I went to the luau at the Polynesian about 11ish years ago when my husband and I took his daughter, who was about 12 at the time. We really enjoyed the dancing. If there was a story line then, I don't remember it, but I recall lots of different styles of dancing and excellent performers. My husband is a choreographer/dance professor (ballet & some modern) so is very picky about dance performances, but he loved it!

We went to Hawaii last May and went to a luau at one of the bigger hotels, and in some ways I think it wasn't as cool as the one at Disney, though the dancers were fabulous and we got to eat fish cooked in an underground oven.

I'm glad your mother and BIL are doing better. Too bad that a lot of medical types like to "diagnose" things they aren't qualified for!
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #1353
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

When I was so rudely interrupted by that thing called a boss (and I may get interrupted again if he comes back from lunch soon), I had just posted pictures of us with the Polyensian resort Tiki God. Since Lacey and John hadn't gotten a chance to look in the BouTiki, we went in to see if there was anything that they wanted. Ummm, not really, so we made our way back up the steps to the monorail station.

For those of you who read my last trip report, you'll remember that I am terrified of heights. For those of you who didn't....now you know. Not scared of heights....terrified of heights. To get to the monorail station, you have to climb the stairs to the second floor. It's like a big square and you walk all around the sides of the square but can see straight down to the first floor. Why didn't I notice that when we came in? Probably because the adrenaline was pumping and I was in my "gotta find the luau" mode.

Anyway, I don't like the whole "I can see down an entire floor" situation at all! I pretty much kept myself plastered to the walls which was, at times hard to do because there were a few vendor thingies set up and I had to walk around them. And then, there was an open door I had to go around. I know people thought I was completely nuts but what did I care, they'd never see me again. Everybody else was walking right beside the railing. They were totally freaking me out!

We get to the monorail station and wait for just a few minutes before one comes along. We hop on and make our way around until we get to the Magic Kingdom. You'll remember that I told ya'll that we had watched Wishes from the beach, went in search of a bathroom, shopped (twice) and took pictures (twice). Add that time up and you'll get this.....Magic Kingdom closing time!

We worked and wiggled and jiggled our way through all the people around the monorail station. Then, we worked and wiggled and jiggled our way through the sea of people trying to get to the various ferry boats.

You'll recall that Lacey hadn't been to Disney with us in three years so when she saw all the people waiting to get on the TTC ferry boat, she looked at me and said "Please don't tell me we have to get on that thing now!". She was remembering the days when we used to stay offsite and had to take the ferry to the TTC, then get on a tram and find our car. When I told her no, she literally jumped and said "Thank You God!". People looked at her like she was nuts. That seems to happen to us quite a bit.

Eventually, all four of us were able to navigate our way through the hordes of people and to the CBR bus stop. The line snaked around three times. A CBR bus rolled up just as we got in line. The driver crammed as many people as she could on the bus and said another bus was on the way. She wasn't just whistling Dixie 'cause another bus turned the corner just as she was pulling off. This driver crammed as many people as he could on the bus and we were now in Row 1. That meant we'd get a seat on the next bus and wouldn't have to stand. We waited about 10 minutes and another CBR bus came and, yes, we did get a seat. We went all the way to the back. If you sit in the back of the bus, you're less likely to get your tootsie toes stepped on by the standing passengers. Just a tip I thought I'd pass along.

Very soon, we were back at the CBR. Lacey made her nightly trip to the courtyard or beach, maybe both, to call her Mission group of friends. When she came back, she told us that she had seen a snake in the courtyard. At first, she thought it was a stick but then is slithered into the shrubbery. She said it wasn't big. Yuck! I hate snakes!

While getting ready for bed, we talked about the Animal Kingdom and the luau. Once we were in the bed, it didn't take us, maybe, 2.2 seconds to fall asleep.

Sorry for the lack of pictures in this post but I posted them all last installment.

Tomorrow: Magic Kingdom!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 10-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #1354
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I so remember that big open metal platform to stand on for the monorail at the Poly. I stayed inside till I saw my family getting on. Thank goodness it wasn't overly busy. But is was [U]raining[U] afterall. I thought that tikl shop was kinda cute. We found cute hats in there anyway.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #1355
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

I so remember that big open metal platform to stand on for the monorail at the Poly. I stayed inside till I saw my family getting on. Thank goodness it wasn't overly busy. But is was [U]raining[U] afterall. I thought that tikl shop was kinda cute. We found cute hats in there anyway.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #1356
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Lisa, just for your information for next time...there is an elevator to the second floor at the Polynesian in the Ceremonial House. If you are coming in the front doors of the Polynesian, you would go to your right and it is toward the back windows on the right.

And I'm with you...I hate snakes.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #1357
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Apparently, I have started controversy: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=162684

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #1358
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Apparently, I have started controversy: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/s...d.php?t=162684
You are such a troublemaker!
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #1359
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You are such a troublemaker!
Don't I know it! Such a rebel!

Old 10-13-2009, 02:24 PM   #1360
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You would make a mom so proud. I have decided after reading everything over there they (the mods) aren't hired for their knowledge or tact, let alone people skills.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM   #1361
claryche
DIS Veteran

I just found your trip report last night. I am loving reading it. Can't wait for the rest of it.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #1362
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm probably going to be kicked out. Keep watching the link I posted because I just posted a reply.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:40 PM   #1363
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm probably going to be kicked out. Keep watching the link I posted because I just posted a reply.
You posted a very open honest statement. It shouldn't take more than a 5th grade education to understand it.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #1364
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
You posted a very open honest statement. It shouldn't take more than a 5th grade education to understand it.
From your mouth to their ears!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:12 PM   #1365
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I posted over there too. I'll probably get the boot as well. I'm trying to just hurry up and finish my report up and then I think I will be done with them. They really do things strangely over there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: