Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 09:49 AM   #901
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Ooo, YAY, i'm patiently waiting Or not so patiently

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #902
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

We'll be looking forward to it!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2009, 10:02 AM   #903
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Wow I missed a lot this past weekend. Glad to hear everything is sorted out with your mom. i'll be thinking about her today and tomorrow!

Great installments on the trip report too. Seriously...can I come with you guys next time? You all seem so much fun!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #904
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning Lisa. Thinking of your mom today. I know she is ready to go and have this over with.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #905
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You'll remember that I had just taken a enjoyable walk to the Custom House to pick up our Spirit of Aloha tickets while the rest of the gang finished getting ready. When I arrived back at the room, everybody was just about ready.

Because of the whole backpack/water bottle incident at Epcot the day before, we were leaving the backpack in the room and I took a small drawstring type backpack. I don't like taking them as much because there's no pockets but it was better than getting into a fuss again.

We all put on our celebration buttons, grabbed our sunglasses and were out the door at 8:20 a.m. We caught the bus at the Old Port Royale bus stop again and didn't even wait a minute before the Animal Kingdom bus pulled up. Great, we'd probably get to the park in time to take advantage of at least a little of the extra magic hour.

But, I forgot that we had to go through Blizzard Beach first. Since it was early in the morning, there were just people getting off the bus, not getting on. So, our loop through Blizzard Beach took about 10 minutes total. And, then we were off to Animal Kingdom.

John, Lacey and Hunter went through the "no bags" area and I went through the security line. Thankfully, it took just a few minutes and we were ready to hit the park. When we walked to the turnstiles, there were lines and lines of people waiting to get in. I left the family standing and found the closest castmember and asked where Disney resort guests went to enter the park early. They pointed me to the very end of the turnstiles. I went back to the family and we found the line for Disney resort guests and were through the turnstiles in less than 5 minutes.

We made our way through the Oasis which was nearly empty. We saw the castmembers putting the big Macaw birds out for the day which was pretty neat.

I knew that I wanted to get our Photopass pictures taken first while we still looked fresh and clean. I could tell it was already going to be a hot day! We waited for the Photopass photographer to take another family's picture and then it was our turn. She took a few and then told the kids to come over to the "lion's den". She had them hold their arms in a cradle and act like they were looking at a baby in their arms.

Once those were done, we headed straight towards Kilimanjaro Safari. Along the way, I took these pictures:

Aren't these the cutest lights!

And, I took this one because there's a "Disney sign picture" thread and I wanted to have pictures to post when I came back.

We continued our walk until we reached the safari which said it had a 10 minute wait time. Great! We walked all the way through the walkway and didn't stop until we got to the waiting area.

Something that I have failed to mention until now is how we all were wearing our celebration buttons. We got them when we checked in and wore them to Epcot on our first park day. Hunter got a lot of "Happy Birthday Hunter!" John and I got a lot of "Happy Anniversary!" And, Lacey.....well, so far, she's gotten nothing. Poor child was like Charlie Brown at Halloween.....she got a rock! It quickly became a running joke and we'd actually take bets on whether or not Lacey would get any kind of acknowledgment on her button. We even took a Sharpie marker and wrote "Graduation" under the words "I'm Celebrating".

Anyway, there was this really dorky looking guy working the lines at the safari and we all told Lacey that he'd probably be the first one to say something to her. We even put her at the front of the group and made her tell them how many were in our party. Did he notice her button? NO! But, we got Happy Birthday! and Happy Anniversary!

We all giggled and went and stood in the line he directed us to. The group in front of us boarded their truck and about two or three minutes later, our truck pulled up.

I took a picture of the animal recognizing chart thingie that was up above us:

Then, we were off. I have absolutely no idea what this is hiding behind a bush but I'm going to post it anyway.

These guys (maybe it was a girl...I didn't look very closely) were just waiting on us to take his/her picture:

Closer:

An even closer one:

****Gotta stop here. Boss is back. I'll be back at lunch

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #906
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ugh! Just noticed that the first rhino picture is totally blurry. Shouldn't have posted it but I'm not coming back and taken it out.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #907
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Great AK & safari pics! We haven't done the safari in a few trips, I'd like to do it next time!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #908
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Great update, Lisa! Poor Lacey! I'm hoping Lacey gets acknowledged soon. Can't wait to get the rest of the AK day.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #909
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Great update Lisa!! Love the Safari! I can't believe nothing has been said to Lacey yet!! LOL! I always wonder if the CMs get tired of saying stuff to people because I'm sure loads of people have those pins! When we were there on our Honeymoon, we had the pins and the wedding ears! People were saying stuff to us all day, everyday! LOL! It was funny! Hope to hear that someone finally recognizes her pin!!! Can't wait to read more!!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #910
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Great update, Lisa! I really hope someone acknowledges Lacey's Graduation pin soon...that is a huge accomplishment. The poor kid! Tell her I said Congratulations & Happy Graduation...I mean, I'm no cast member, but still.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #911
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Poor, poor, Lacey! I see some light on the horizon... you're setting us up for something grand (at least I hope so, for Lacey's sake )
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 09-22-2009, 11:34 AM   #912
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Congratulations Graduate! We all send her well-wishes. We dissisters know.

That is a great update by the way. You guys sure know how to fill a day with fun. I think the reason that one picture was so blurry was that Mel and I were running trying to get in it and messed you up. Sorry.

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-22-2009, 12:19 PM   #913
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Great update! Lisa,
Hope your day is progressing well!
I can't wait to hear when Lacey will be recongized! love the Charlie Brown quip! to cute....
Old 09-22-2009, 01:09 PM   #914
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Congratulations Graduate! We all send her well-wishes. We dissisters know.

That is a great update by the way. You guys sure know how to fill a day with fun. I think the reason that one picture was so blurry was that Mel and I were running trying to get in it and messed you up. Sorry.

And we almost made it, too! Amazing how Lisa never noticed us. We sure created quite a commotion, huh?

Old 09-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #915
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Thanks for the BOO
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: