Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 11:31 AM   #886
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Such beautiful pictures of CBR!!
I can't wait to hear about your AK day!!!

Old 09-21-2009, 11:49 AM   #887
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Mornin' all my friends!

I've been trying to get all caught up on the trip reports I subscribe to and haven't even come over to mine until now. I'll come back in just a little while and reply to everybody's posts.

For some reason, the boss isn't here yet and it's 10:42 a.m. I haven't received a phone call from him. Don't know what's going on. I did mention to him on Friday that since a court date we had on the calendar for today fell off, he should take the day off. Maybe he decided to do it and didn't tell me? Oh well, I am liking the semi-quiet.......

Wait.....he just came in. Apparently, he decided to sleep in today. He's on the phone so I'll finish up this post real quick.

Mama did well this weekend. Stayed home and mostly rested. I did what few errands she needed done on Saturday.

She spoke with the doctor's office this morning to make sure she can drive today. They said she could have driven the day after but I'm glad she didn't.
She is going to pick Hunter up from school today and probably tomorrow because she wants to spend the afternoons with him. The two of them are fast friends and love their time together.

I'll be back later...probably during lunch to post again.

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #888
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Darn! So close to a boss free day. Oh, well! At least you got some quiet time to yourself.

That is so wonderful that Hunter has such a great relationship with his grandmother. There is truly nothing better, I can testify to that. My wonderful GM died while I was PG with Mitchell. I hate she didn't get to meet him, but I like to think she held him before I did.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Mitchell is going to have that wonderful kind of bond with any of his GP's. They don't know what they're missing!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 09-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #889
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Mornin' all my friends!

I've been trying to get all caught up on the trip reports I subscribe to and haven't even come over to mine until now. I'll come back in just a little while and reply to everybody's posts.

For some reason, the boss isn't here yet and it's 10:42 a.m. I haven't received a phone call from him. Don't know what's going on. I did mention to him on Friday that since a court date we had on the calendar for today fell off, he should take the day off. Maybe he decided to do it and didn't tell me? Oh well, I am liking the semi-quiet.......

Wait.....he just came in. Apparently, he decided to sleep in today. He's on the phone so I'll finish up this post real quick.

Mama did well this weekend. Stayed home and mostly rested. I did what few errands she needed done on Saturday.

She spoke with the doctor's office this morning to make sure she can drive today. They said she could have driven the day after but I'm glad she didn't.
She is going to pick Hunter up from school today and probably tomorrow because she wants to spend the afternoons with him. The two of them are fast friends and love their time together.

I'll be back later...probably during lunch to post again.

Lisa

I am so glad your mom can drive. That time with Hunter will mean so much. I know exactly how she feels. I love having one on one time with each of the boys.

Glad your boss is ok. You will have to update us on his mom too.

Have a great day. Monday. Ych!

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #891
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Beautiful pictures! Dayne was viewing with me and asked three times where is that? I think that would be a nice place. than started talking about his sr trip, one of his friends is trying to talk him into going to ??? ready for this

FIGI --he has another friend who still wants to do Disney. I told him he CANNOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY! so looks like a Disney trip in the planning!

so, he is really liking what he sees at CBR; wait I didn't show him the main pool yet!
I'll have to retrace your steps and find those for him.
have a great sunday!
I know it sounds silly but, with the way the world is today, there's no way I'd let my kids go out of the country. Heck, I don't really want to go out of the country. Call me what you will.

Tell Dayne that the CBR is a great resort to stay in. He and his buddies could laze around on the beach and watch the pretty girls walk by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Great update Lisa!! Love all the pictures! CBR is such a beautiful resort! Can't wait to be there.............in 2011
The pictures don't even do the resort justice. It is just so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I actually went to WDW for my Senior Week trip too. In 1991, (wow that was a LONG time ago!! ) We stayed at CBR, (Jamaica) there were 7 of us girls, we had a good time! Is this senior trip after graduation? That's what ours was.

Great Pics, Lisa! CBR is one of the options for our upcoming trip (in May with DH's Family) I have been showing DH all of your CBR pics.
I'm not saying when I graduated (even though you can calculate it without much thought). Don't I wish we had a senior trip to Disney. We went to Fort Walton Beach.

Definitely look into staying at the CBR. It's beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasofan View Post
Great pics. I want to stay at CBR so much, especially after reading both your TRs.
It's a fantastic resort. Not only is it pretty but it has a lot of great stuff to do too....like lazing around on the beach (I know that's, technically, not doing anything but you know what I mean.), swimming in one of the pools, resting in one of the two hot tubs, exploring the island or renting some of the watercraft from the marina.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 09-21-2009, 03:56 PM   #892
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Love the CBR pics!
What you and I wouldn't give to be there right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
What a wonderful update Lisa. So love the pictures of CBR. Even the bathrooms. How much fun you guys are having. I slept in that morning. So you won't see me till later. I'll be there in time for the Spirit of Aloha Show.

Getting ready to put some pix of the weekend up.

Ginny
John laughs every time he sees some of the random pictures I took....like the ones of the bathroom. Hey, I gotta show pictures to my Dis friends.

I thought you were awfully quiet that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2010 View Post
First, let me say, I'm happy that the Dr.'shave such a good plan in place for your mom. Bypass used to be such a scary operation, but now it is so commonplace. We will continue to pray that there will be no complications and that God will grant wisdom, guidance, and confidence to the Dr.s during the operation, and peace for your Mom and your family.

Second, the updates were great. I love how you take pictures of just the scenery of your walks. I think that's what makes your TRs so great. I hope when I go I can be so patient (as well as organized to remember what the heck that picture was!) to take the time to stop and 'take the pictures of the roses' !
I really do appreciate the thoughts and prayers. I know that everything is going to be fine. I proclaim it!

I am a picture taking fool especially when we are on trips. Even more so, when we are in Disney.

I try to take pictures of scenery and off the beaten path pictures instead of just "people" pictures. But, that comes after years of going to Disney and thinking I have to get pictures of the Disney landmarks (I still do those too.). Speaking of pictures of roses, I usually take those too.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #893
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
First..sorry I missed all the news about your mom. I'm glad she opted for the surgery and she will be in my prayers this week as she prepares. You will be as well....I'm sure it will be a stressful week for you getting her ready and such.

Great Epcot update! I love the "waiting for Hunter pics". I have a series of pictures of Isaiah, Daniel, and I waiting for Jonah to stand in line to see Jo-Jo at DHS. They make a great story!

CBR looks absolutely gorgeous! Your pictures are beautiful. Can't wait to hear about your AK day!
I'm really glad that Mama opted to do the surgery too. I know if she hadn't, she'd be worried about it. She would have stayed in the hospital if they could have done it right away.

I don't understand what it is with boys and going to the bathroom. Seems to take them forever!

The CBR is gorgeous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY4EVER! View Post
Just caught up on the end of your Epcot day and CBR morning walk. Love the bathroom pics! Funny, my little man can go #2 in a heartbeat. He'll sit down and two seconds later holler, "I'm done!". How does he go so fast? I guess he's got better things to do!

Your morning walk pictures are so beautiful. What a lovely resort. I feel like I'm right there with you! Oh, wait, I was. Stuffed in a bag in a drawer. Ginny and I were quite cramped in there!
You are very lucky that you don't have a "oh my gosh, when will he ever come out of the bathroom" little boy.

I love walking around the CBR in the morning. It's always so quiet and peaceful. I guess you and Ginny were sleeping in that morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3princesses+aprince View Post
LOVE the pictures. I can't wait to read about your AK day!!! I really LOVED AK. It might be my favorite park. I think it's because our day there was just so amazing.
Thanks for the compliment on the pictures.

I really like Animal Kingdom too. It's one of those parks where you don't really feel the need to rush. Yes, we do try to hit the big attractions but we just don't see as hurried.

Quote:
Good morning Lisa. Hope you are having a good day. I hope your Mom is preparing for Wednesday. You will be thankful when all of this is over for sure. Take care of you.

Ginny
Mama is getting ready to go. She's already made all of the "pre-registering" phone calls. Hunter just called. His Mamaw picked him up from school and they were going home to "hang out".

Old 09-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #894
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
John laughs every time he sees some of the random pictures I took....like the ones of the bathroom. Hey, I gotta show pictures to my Dis friends.

I thought you were awfully quiet that morning.
It is because you kept me up so late the night before.

I'm so excited. We are getting a new copy/fax/scanner in our office. It sits right by my desk so now I can scan pix while I'm at work. How fun. I don't do it at home cause the scanner is in the office and I'm in the den. Heaven forbid I get up and walk 25 feet. It will be here and hooked up on Wed. We will be able to fax from the computers too. I convinced the Doc to do it. We still had 18 months lease on the old one but we got this one for $20 a month less and they cancelled the old lease. He is such an easy mark.

I so miss the days when I got to see the boys everyday. Now it is game days and weekends. We do at least text every day. Gotta love that

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

Old 09-21-2009, 04:50 PM   #895
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
You are very lucky that you don't have a "oh my gosh, when will he ever come out of the bathroom" little boy.

I love walking around the CBR in the morning. It's always so quiet and peaceful. I guess you and Ginny were sleeping in that morning!
Well, the taking the time in the bathroom is probably coming up soon. I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Yeah, Ginny and I were exhausted, so we slept in for awhile. We would always wait for you guys to leave and then we'd unfold ourselves and stretch out on your beds for awhile. Then we'd set out to whatever park you were in that day and see if we could find you!

I'm surprised you didn't hear a woman scream when you took a picture of Lacey in the stall. The flash nearly scared me off the pot!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Old 09-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #896
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, the taking the time in the bathroom is probably coming up soon. I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Yeah, Ginny and I were exhausted, so we slept in for awhile. We would always wait for you guys to leave and then we'd unfold ourselves and stretch out on your beds for awhile. Then we'd set out to whatever park you were in that day and see if we could find you!

I'm surprised you didn't hear a woman scream when you took a picture of Lacey in the stall. The flash nearly scared me off the pot!
omg. I laughed outloud. Let me tell you. It is not good to laugh out loud in a psychiatrists office.

Old 09-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #897
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
omg. I laughed outloud. Let me tell you. It is not good to laugh out loud in a psychiatrists office.
She only thought those were Lacey's legs, but I think they were mine!

Old 09-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #898
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is because you kept me up so late the night before.

I'm so excited. We are getting a new copy/fax/scanner in our office. It sits right by my desk so now I can scan pix while I'm at work. How fun. I don't do it at home cause the scanner is in the office and I'm in the den. Heaven forbid I get up and walk 25 feet. It will be here and hooked up on Wed. We will be able to fax from the computers too. I convinced the Doc to do it. We still had 18 months lease on the old one but we got this one for $20 a month less and they cancelled the old lease. He is such an easy mark.

I so miss the days when I got to see the boys everyday. Now it is game days and weekends. We do at least text every day. Gotta love that
It's funny that you mentioned a new copier. When we moved, we didn't bring the copier with us. The boss' dad had one that he used to use so we just started using it. It's a royal pain in the rear end! We both hate it and wish it would die so we could get something new. But, like I've said before, my boss' family throws NOTHING and I mean NOTHING away!

I miss going and watching Hunter play football. I was at every practice and every game. They called me "football mom" because I made sure all the boys had water during breaks, that they picked up all their equipment, didn't forget their backpacks, etc. etc. And, of course, John and I were always the host family for parties. I miss that a lot.

Quote:

Enjoy it while you can 'cause the day may come when you are like me and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for Mitchell.

No wonder our room looked a little messy when we came back!

Quote:
Quote:
She only thought those were Lacey's legs, but I think they were mine!

You two are too funny! But, Mel, unless you have red and white striped Converse tennis shoes, the picture I have of those feet and legs aren't you!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #899
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Quote:
You two are too funny! But, Mel, unless you have red and white striped Converse tennis shoes, the picture I have of those feet and legs aren't you!

Hmmm, I wonder who took the picture of ME then?

Old 09-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #900
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Mornin' all my Dis friends!

The boss is in court for about 30 minutes so I'm working on an installment. Can't promise it'll be very long but I'll do what I can.

Be back in a little bit.

Lisa

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: