Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2009, 08:19 PM   #871
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Lisa, your Mom, you and your family are in my prayers. I know it is very scary to think about any surgery. Your family has such a strong faith, I know your Mom and family will feel God's protection with all the prayers being sent up.

I think I saw John smile in a picture, I did, I did, I did see a John smile . I would love to be on vacation with your family, ya'll aways seem to have the most fun and you make fun out of everything. Dale can be a real stick in the mud at times, I wish he would just cut loose and have a good time. I got the Mardi Gras costume today(for the MNSSHP) it is too cute, Dallas asked Dale what he was gonna go as? Dale said "A Dad" .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 09-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #872
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I was about 3 days behind. So glad your mom and bosses mom are doing OK. You'll be in my thoughts this week!
Love the update. My son was always the same way. I swear we would be ready to leave and he would say wait I gotta go to the bathroom and after 10 minutes I would start yelling. Why does it take so long! LOL!
We will take all the prayers we can get! Thanks!

I have no idea what the deal is with boys and going to the bathroom. It seems to take them forever1

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Lisa, your Mom, you and your family are in my prayers. I know it is very scary to think about any surgery. Your family has such a strong faith, I know your Mom and family will feel God's protection with all the prayers being sent up.

I think I saw John smile in a picture, I did, I did, I did see a John smile . I would love to be on vacation with your family, ya'll aways seem to have the most fun and you make fun out of everything. Dale can be a real stick in the mud at times, I wish he would just cut loose and have a good time. I got the Mardi Gras costume today(for the MNSSHP) it is too cute, Dallas asked Dale what he was gonna go as? Dale said "A Dad" .
I really do appreciate your thoughts and prayers. I proclaim that everything is going to be okay.

Ahhh, you caught the smile picture. I told him that everybody probably thinks he is mad the whole time we are on vacation because he never smiles in pictures. You know that Dale is having a good time but he just doesn't show it. John's that way sometimes.

I can't wait to see the costume pictures. John would probably say the same thing Dale did....I'm going as a Dad.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2009, 11:05 AM   #873
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ring, ring. Ring, ring. What the heck is that? Oh, it's our wake up call! I pick up the phone expecting to hear a Disney character telling me to get up but, once again, nothing. Just a blank phone line. Hum, maybe they don't have Stitch calling guests any more.

I start the nudge, nudge, nudge required to wake up John. Lacey and Hunter were much easier to wake up than their Dad. I jumped in the shower while the rest of the family ate from the groceries we ordered from Garden Grocer.

I hurriedly got ready so I would have time to walk down to the Custom House and get our Spirit of Aloha tickets and still arrive at the Animal Kingdom around opening time. Thank goodness, I am a low maintenance kinda gal. I left the rest of the family to finish getting ready and I began my walk to the Custom House. Of course, I took my camera with me so I could take pictures along the way.

Ready to take a walk to the Custom House?

I took the pathway to the promenade and turned right. I continued on the pathway and took pictures all along the way:

I know I took more pictures before getting to Barbados but I can't find them. Here's their pool:

Walking through Barbados to the walkway to the Custom House:

I get to the Custom House and I went straight to the Concierge desk to pick up our tickets. There were two windows open and I lucked out because neither one had anyone in line. The castmember was really nice and had our tickets printed in no time at all. On the outside of the envelope, it had instructions on how to get to the Polynesian. If I am remembering correctly, there were two or three options. I thanked the castmember and was ready to start the walk back to the room.

But, I needed to make a pit stop first. And, yes, I took pictures of the Custom House women's bathroom:

The hallway back into the main room of the Custom House:

Time to walk back to the room. Pictures I took along the way:

It didn't take me long until I was back at Martinique 26 and found that the family was just putting the finishing touches on their morning routine. Good, it looks like we will be getting to the Animal Kingdom right around opening time.

Up next! The Animal Kingdom!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 09-20-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #874
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures! Dayne was viewing with me and asked three times where is that? I think that would be a nice place. than started talking about his sr trip, one of his friends is trying to talk him into going to ??? ready for this

FIGI --he has another friend who still wants to do Disney. I told him he CANNOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY! so looks like a Disney trip in the planning!

so, he is really liking what he sees at CBR; wait I didn't show him the main pool yet!
I'll have to retrace your steps and find those for him.
have a great sunday!
Old 09-20-2009, 01:32 PM   #875
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Great update Lisa!! Love all the pictures! CBR is such a beautiful resort! Can't wait to be there.............in 2011

Old 09-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #876
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Beautiful pictures! Dayne was viewing with me and asked three times where is that? I think that would be a nice place. than started talking about his sr trip, one of his friends is trying to talk him into going to ??? ready for this

FIGI --he has another friend who still wants to do Disney. I told him he CANNOT LEAVE THE COUNTRY! so looks like a Disney trip in the planning!

so, he is really liking what he sees at CBR; wait I didn't show him the main pool yet!
I'll have to retrace your steps and find those for him.
have a great sunday!
I actually went to WDW for my Senior Week trip too. In 1991, (wow that was a LONG time ago!! ) We stayed at CBR, (Jamaica) there were 7 of us girls, we had a good time! Is this senior trip after graduation? That's what ours was.

Great Pics, Lisa! CBR is one of the options for our upcoming trip (in May with DH's Family) I have been showing DH all of your CBR pics.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 09-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #877
pasofan
Mouseketeer

Great pics. I want to stay at CBR so much, especially after reading both your TRs.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #878
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
I actually went to WDW for my Senior Week trip too. In 1991, (wow that was a LONG time ago!! ) We stayed at CBR, (Jamaica) there were 7 of us girls, we had a good time! Is this senior trip after graduation? That's what ours was.

Great Pics, Lisa! CBR is one of the options for our upcoming trip (in May with DH's Family) I have been showing DH all of your CBR pics.
we are looking at planning his Sr trip their last day of school (fly out that night) and be back before graduation the week after!
their last day of school is May 12 and we do not have graduation date yet but it is normally the Tuesaday after.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #879
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Love the CBR pics!
Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #880
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful update Lisa. So love the pictures of CBR. Even the bathrooms. How much fun you guys are having. I slept in that morning. So you won't see me till later. I'll be there in time for the Spirit of Aloha Show.

Getting ready to put some pix of the weekend up.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-21-2009, 05:44 AM   #881
MK2010
Mouseketeer

First, let me say, I'm happy that the Dr.'shave such a good plan in place for your mom. Bypass used to be such a scary operation, but now it is so commonplace. We will continue to pray that there will be no complications and that God will grant wisdom, guidance, and confidence to the Dr.s during the operation, and peace for your Mom and your family.

Second, the updates were great. I love how you take pictures of just the scenery of your walks. I think that's what makes your TRs so great. I hope when I go I can be so patient (as well as organized to remember what the heck that picture was!) to take the time to stop and 'take the pictures of the roses' !
ASMu 2009
Old 09-21-2009, 06:30 AM   #882
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

First..sorry I missed all the news about your mom. I'm glad she opted for the surgery and she will be in my prayers this week as she prepares. You will be as well....I'm sure it will be a stressful week for you getting her ready and such.

Great Epcot update! I love the "waiting for Hunter pics". I have a series of pictures of Isaiah, Daniel, and I waiting for Jonah to stand in line to see Jo-Jo at DHS. They make a great story!

CBR looks absolutely gorgeous! Your pictures are beautiful. Can't wait to hear about your AK day!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:20 AM   #883
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Just caught up on the end of your Epcot day and CBR morning walk. Love the bathroom pics! Funny, my little man can go #2 in a heartbeat. He'll sit down and two seconds later holler, "I'm done!". How does he go so fast? I guess he's got better things to do!

Your morning walk pictures are so beautiful. What a lovely resort. I feel like I'm right there with you! Oh, wait, I was. Stuffed in a bag in a drawer. Ginny and I were quite cramped in there!

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 09-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #884
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

LOVE the pictures. I can't wait to read about your AK day!!! I really LOVED AK. It might be my favorite park. I think it's because our day there was just so amazing.

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 09-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #885
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning Lisa. Hope you are having a good day. I hope your Mom is preparing for Wednesday. You will be thankful when all of this is over for sure. Take care of you.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: