Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #856
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

I think the rest of the group will agree - I wish you had had a trip report of the trip you just vaguely mentioned!

Great update

Can I ask you a side note: If I have a Akershus ressie for 8:10, what time would you be to the bus stop (staying at CBR)?
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Old 09-18-2009, 03:13 PM   #857
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Great news about your mama and a great update!

I am about the bathroom pictures and even more about the faces of waiting for Hunter.

That would be Eric. We often yell in to see if he fell in.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2009, 04:01 PM   #858
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

Thanks for another fantastic, fun update!!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #859
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Great update Lisa. I just knew when you posted those goofing off pix and saw John's first pic I was surprised he was not behind the fence. I should have known you were just teasing us.

Bathroom pix? We have always done that too. I think the first one of Sheri she must have been 12 and we were going to see Huey Lewis and the News. I've done it everywhere we go since. The only one I posted was when they were fixing their hair. The girls were yelling at me the whole time in there. Don't take our pictures. Thank goodness we were the only ones in there at the time.

Sounds like you may have a good weekend after all.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #860
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

First of all, please please please know that all of your prayers are greatly appreciated! I told Mama that you all sent good wishes her way. She is glad that they went ahead and scheduled the surgery. She even asked if they could go ahead and do it today but they couldn't.

She got home today about 3:15 p.m. Right when I was pulling in from picking Hunter up from school. He actually asked me "when is Mama going to bust out of the hospital?" on the way to school this morning. So, it was a pleasant surprise to him when we got home at the same time.

She and I went through her calendar of "things to do" next week. She had a gas bill and some birthday cards that needed mailing out. I have them all dated and ready to mail. That's one less thing for her to worry about.

I know that I haven't responded to each of you personally but you ALL know that I thank you ALL.

So, without further ado, I will respond to those posts just since I posted the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Lisa, so glad that your mom decided to do the bypass. I'm sure it's for the best.

Great update!! I love all your pictures! I can just be there through your pictures & stories! Love the one of the Caribbean Beach Bus!! LOL! Oh how I love it there! 2011 is SO far away! But it will be well worth the wait! Till then I will live through everyone elses vacations!
Me too! At least we know that it is going to be taken care of and she won't have to worry about it any more than she has to.

I look at our pictures and I think.....do we ever act serious? When we have to but certainly not at Disney World.

I wish I was lazing in a hammock chair on one of the CBR beaches right now. Calgon! Take me away!

2011 will be here before you know it! I often say that reading trip reports and looking at pictures keep me sane until my next WDW vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Fun, fun, update! Lisa!! Dayne is like Hunter in the hmmmm; #2 area also! must be a boy thing! Funny story when we went in May he would walk all the way to our room (I don't know if you remember their room was on the other side of the bldg.) to use our restroom because he wasn't comfortable sharing with Gwendolyn & Joe--he showered in our room, too!

Happy your mom made her decision; I'm sure she is relieved to have made that decision. Now, you have a week to help her get through everything she has at home to take care of before Monday!

we will continue to pray for you all
I swear that boy could stay in the bathroom for an hour if we'd let him! And, he comes in our bedroom bathroom most of the time too. Walks right past the one by his room.

Mama was happy that they went ahead and scheduled the bypass. Once it's done, she won't have to worry with it anymore!

I appreciate the continued prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
I think the rest of the group will agree - I wish you had had a trip report of the trip you just vaguely mentioned!

Great update

Can I ask you a side note: If I have a Akershus ressie for 8:10, what time would you be to the bus stop (staying at CBR)?
Thanks a bunch! We have such a fun time together. We really appreciate the time we get to spend with Lacey since we don't get to see her very often.

Hum...what time to catch a bus for a breakfast ADR? It took us about 10 minutes to go all the way around the resort and pull into Epcot and that was right before opening time. But, every time I book an ADR, the Disney castmember tells me to allow 45 minutes to an hour to get to an ADR. I'd probably say that too because you'll have to walk from the bus stop (hopefully not the middle of the parking lot like us.), go through security and then walk all the way over to Norway which is a bit of a hike.

Hey Shelly (Momof2DisneyBoys) did ya'll have any breakfast ADRs that you had to get to when you stayed at the CBR? I can't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Great news about your mama and a great update!

I am about the bathroom pictures and even more about the faces of waiting for Hunter.

That would be Eric. We often yell in to see if he fell in.

Even though Mama still has to undergo surgery, we are already relieved to know that her condition isn't life threatening.

I have other bathroom pictures but I'll have to find them. We are so crazy!

Hunter is the slowest pooper I know. Drives me nuts! What is it with boys?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #861
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Thanks for another fantastic, fun update!!!!
You're quite welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Great update Lisa. I just knew when you posted those goofing off pix and saw John's first pic I was surprised he was not behind the fence. I should have known you were just teasing us.

Bathroom pix? We have always done that too. I think the first one of Sheri she must have been 12 and we were going to see Huey Lewis and the News. I've done it everywhere we go since. The only one I posted was when they were fixing their hair. The girls were yelling at me the whole time in there. Don't take our pictures. Thank goodness we were the only ones in there at the time.

Sounds like you may have a good weekend after all.

Ginny

I could tell when I was taking Lacey and Hunter's pictures that John had something up his sleeve. That boy acts a fool all the time!

Oooh Huey Lewis and the News! I love them! Lacey and I had THE best time taking those pictures even if we knew we would never show most of them to anybody but us two.

I sure do hope that our weekend is much better than the week itself was. I hate those kinds of weeks.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:13 PM   #862
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

Hey Shelly (Momof2DisneyBoys) did ya'll have any breakfast ADRs that you had to get to when you stayed at the CBR? I can't remember.

Yep! We usually head out to the bus stop around 7:15 for an 8:00am ADR. And we have always been there in plenty of time.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #863
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

I am just getting caught up - I'm so glad to hear your mom is home! I hope things calm down for you guys a little after her procecdure next week! As everyone has said, you will all be in our prayers this weekend. Get some rest!!!!!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #864
pocahontasgal87
~Disney Geek~

lol u and ur family r soo silly, i love being at the world and do randomly funny stuff, teeheee

Oct 1994(offsite) Oct 1996(offsite) Oct 1999(offsite) Oct 2002(offsite) Oct 2005(POR)
Sept 2008(CSR) May 2010(CBR) Sept 2012 (POR)

Sept 2014 we will be back at Caribbean Beach Resort!!
Old 09-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #865
MadilynnsMomma
...first star to the right, and straight on til morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Thanks a bunch! We have such a fun time together. We really appreciate the time we get to spend with Lacey since we don't get to see her very often.

Hum...what time to catch a bus for a breakfast ADR? It took us about 10 minutes to go all the way around the resort and pull into Epcot and that was right before opening time. But, every time I book an ADR, the Disney castmember tells me to allow 45 minutes to an hour to get to an ADR. I'd probably say that too because you'll have to walk from the bus stop (hopefully not the middle of the parking lot like us.), go through security and then walk all the way over to Norway which is a bit of a hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Yep! We usually head out to the bus stop around 7:15 for an 8:00am ADR. And we have always been there in plenty of time.
Thank you both!
Girls Trip Round Two - September 2012 - Pop Century Resort / Introducing Oli to the Magic - February 2015 - Pop Century Resort

Last edited by MadilynnsMomma; 09-19-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #866
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Good morning Lisa. Hope your day is going well. Sounds like you accomplshed a lot at your mom's last night. That is good. I know it helped her a lot to get those things taken care of.

Hope your weekend is good

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #867
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Lisa,

I'm so glad that your mom decided to do the surgery. I'll be thinking of her and keeping her in my prayers.

Another great update!!! I love all the pics in the Seas w/ Nemo and Friends!!

Old 09-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #868
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I thought I remembered you having an early ADR but wasn't sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
I am just getting caught up - I'm so glad to hear your mom is home! I hope things calm down for you guys a little after her procecdure next week! As everyone has said, you will all be in our prayers this weekend. Get some rest!!!!!
Thanks so much! I spoke with Mama earlier this morning and she had a good night's rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontasgal87 View Post
lol u and ur family r soo silly, i love being at the world and do randomly funny stuff, teeheee
We really do a lot of random silly stuff while at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadilynnsMomma View Post
Thank you both!
I knew if I couldn't give an accurate answer somebody else would!

Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #869
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaateamsgrandma View Post
Good morning Lisa. Hope your day is going well. Sounds like you accomplshed a lot at your mom's last night. That is good. I know it helped her a lot to get those things taken care of.

Hope your weekend is good

Ginny
Good morning,

I got up bright and early this morning (why can't I ever sleep late on a weekend?). John has gone to help his Dad work on a house that they bought in a nearby town. It's over 100 years old and needs a good bit of stuff worked on. John is the only boy (out of 5) that knows what to do with a hammer so those kind of tasks always fall to him.

I'm going over to look at your pictures now.

Have a good weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Lisa,

I'm so glad that your mom decided to do the surgery. I'll be thinking of her and keeping her in my prayers.

Another great update!!! I love all the pics in the Seas w/ Nemo and Friends!!
I'm glad she made the decision too. If she hadn't, then she would be worried about it.

I appreciate each and every prayer we can get.

We didn't get to browse a whole lot while in the Seas like we usually do but we still had a good time.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 AM   #870
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I was about 3 days behind. So glad your mom and bosses mom are doing OK. You'll be in my thoughts this week!
Love the update. My son was always the same way. I swear we would be ready to leave and he would say wait I gotta go to the bathroom and after 10 minutes I would start yelling. Why does it take so long! LOL!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: