Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2009, 09:12 AM   #841
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Thanks again for all the prayers. Mama had her angiogram this morning. The doctor said that another artery had taken up the slack for the one that is 100% blocked. There is no real danger. But, she continues to stay dizzy which means she's a bit off balance and she doesn't feel comfortable driving if she's dizzy. The doctor said he could do an artery bypass. He'd take an artery from behind her collar bone to do the bypass. From what he has said, there should be any complications and it would be an overnight thing.

He wants to send her home today and let her think about it. I told my sister to go in that hospital room and tell Mama to go ahead and schedule the bypass before she ever even leaves the hospital. If she doesn't, she'll sit in that house and think about well "what if this happens" or "what if that happens". I'm telling you, the lady likes to worry. One of the biggest worry warts I have ever ever seen. If she goes ahead and has the bypass done, she won't have to worry quite so much....at least about herself. She'll continue to worry about everything else.

I'll come back and update in a little while. My sister is supposed to call me back and let me know what she decided to do.

Lisa

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #842
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

We are big Survivor fans too, it looks like it will be a good season.

I am glad you got some news about your mom. She definitely should set up that bypass before she leaves if she is going to sit at home and worry, the last thing she'll need is more stress....

Prayers that everything goes OK.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2009, 09:35 AM   #843
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Still here thinking about you and your family. Hope she takes care of everything before they send her home. I'm sure she will!
have a good day, Lisa!
Old 09-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #844
MICKEY4EVER!
Are we there yet?

Glad to hear that it is something they can do for her. And we don't want your sweet mother staying at home worrying over it.

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"You can't keep trouble from visitin, but you don't have to offer it no chair."
Old 09-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #845
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I went to bed early last night and missed your update. Caught up this morning. I hope you girls can convince your mom to go ahead and do something. At this age if one blocked what is to stop the other. That is a worry that none of you need.

Your mom sounds like a such a good person and I'm not surprised that she thinks of those small things (Hunter, air conditioner and such). You had to get those qualities from someone.

Prayers still out there for you and her.

Hope your day goes well.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #846
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Have I told ya'll lately how much I love my Dis friends? Even if I did, I'll say it again.....I love my Dis friends!

Mama will be home from the hospital some time this afternoon. The doctor went ahead and scheduled the artery bypass for next Wednesday. Tuesday, she has to do a few pre-op things. The bypass is supposed to be an overnight procedure.

I am off to finish up the last of my Epcot day installment. Dising is a great way to get away from all of the stress.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 09-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #847
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Glad your mom is going home and that everything is all set for next week. Keep us posted.

Looking forward to another installment!
Old 09-18-2009, 01:46 PM   #848
vladimir10
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Have I told ya'll lately how much I love my Dis friends? Even if I did, I'll say it again.....I love my Dis friends!

Mama will be home from the hospital some time this afternoon. The doctor went ahead and scheduled the artery bypass for next Wednesday. Tuesday, she has to do a few pre-op things. The bypass is supposed to be an overnight procedure.

I am off to finish up the last of my Epcot day installment. Dising is a great way to get away from all of the stress.
Lisa, I will be in DW next Wednesday, so I won't be able to keep up with you and your family, but I will keep good thoughts in my head Wednesday for you mother and her procedure.

Craig

vladimir10 (dad) Previous Trips - 1984, 1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
vet1999 (mom) Previous Trips - 1994,1997, 1999, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
jc (son, 6 yrs old) Previous Trips - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
Next Trip: DCL August 2013
Old 09-18-2009, 01:58 PM   #849
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Lisa, I'm so glad of the decision made. We all want nothing but good things for your mama and family.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
Old 09-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #850
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

I'm glad your Mom is doing better and that they'll be able to do the bypass quickly. She continues to be in my prayers!

July 2009 TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, 1983, 1985, Grad Night '89
POP, July '07 / CBR, July '09 / ASMo, October '09
Offsite, November '10
DTD hotels, April '11
ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
Old 09-18-2009, 02:12 PM   #851
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I am also so glad your mom made the decision to have the surgery. We all will keep her in our thoughts and prayers and hope she has a speedy recovery (not too speedy ). It is so sweet of you to keep us posted!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 09-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #852
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

That is so great that your mom decided to have the procedure. I will keep her & your family in my thoughts.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #853
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

When I last left off, we were walking around The Seas with Nemo and Friends and had the place virtually all to ourselves. After taking Lacey and Hunter's picture, well, you know me, several pictures of Lacey and Hunter in Bruce's mouth, we walked around in that section some more and I took more pictures:

Lacey:

Hunter:

And a series of John:

Oooh my bad boy is breakin' the rules again! I love me a bad boy!

A picture of Hunter and I looking at the fishies:

Those oh so ugly cuttlefish:

And then we went to see Nemo. The first picture has a huge flashmark on it but I'll post it anyway. The rest are better:

Because you guys and gals already think I am a nutcase, I'm going to tell this next story. You can't think I'm any nuttier than you already do.

Years ago, Lacey and I were in a Disney bathroom in one of the parks and, miraculously, there were only a few people in the bathroom. We went into the bathroom stalls next to each other and I pulled out my camera and took a picture of her from underneath the stall wall. Don't worry, she was off the toilet and all I got a picture of was Lacey from her knees down. She thought it was absolutely hilarious. We laughed and laughed about it. Well, for that entire trip, we took silly pictures of each other in the bathroom. We had pictures of Lacey soaping her hands up and blowing bubbles. We had pictures of me acting like I could hardly wait to go. We took pictures standing in front of the bathroom signs. Have you ever noticed that the bathroom signs are all unique? Some say Prince and Princess. The ones near Space Mountain have futuristic people on the sign. The ones near the Rock 'N Roller Coaster have people holding guitars. Anyway, we took some funny pictures.

Back to Epcot, well, it was nearing 9:00 p.m. and we knew the park would be closing soon. We wanted to beat the Illuminations crowds out of the park but first, we all had to go potty. We all headed to the bathrooms and I just had to take a picture of Lacey. I don't think I'll post it because the may say it is obscene but it's just a picture of her feet underneath the bathroom stall. This is the picture I took of her coming out of the stall:

We washed our hands and walked out to meet John and Hunter. If I think Hunter is slow to get ready in the morning, reading a story, finishing his homework, etc. etc. etc. it's absolutely nothing compared to when he has to go......you know.....go......number 2. Sorry, probably too much information. But I'm trying to give you a sense of how long we waited....and waited....and waited.

We took pictures of us waiting:

And I walked around and took pictures of random stuff while John went in to make sure Hunter hadn't fallen asleep, flushed himself down the toilet or something similar. (He hadn't.)

Finally, Hunter emerged and we knew we had to hotfoot it if we were going to get out of the park ahead of the crowds. Just as we walked out of the building, we heard the Illuminations fireworks start. Holy smokes! We gotta go.

A few pretty bad pictures I took on the way out of the park and towards the bus stop:

When we got to the bus stop, there were just a few people in front of us. We didn't wait but about 5 minutes before our bus pulled up:

All of the people that were on the bus were looking at each other and I know that were thinking the same thing we were thinking.......please Mr. Bus Driver, go ahead and leave now because we don't want you to cram another5,000 people on the bus. We were lucky that he let just two other families get on before pulling off. Whoo! Hoo!

I love the fact that the Caribbean Beach Resort is so close to Epcot. It took us just a few minutes to be back at the resort. This time, we remembered to get off at Old Port Royale instead of the Martinique bus stop thus avoiding another "where is our building" moment. In less than 2 minutes we were at our building.

When we got to our room, we saw the message light blinking on the phone and when I pushed it, it said I had a message but for some reason, I couldn't retrieve the message. So, I called the front desk and they told me that I needed to pick up our Spirit of Aloha tickets from the Concierge desk. I told them that I'd walk down first thing in the morning and get them.

While John, Hunter and I started getting ready for bed, Lacey went down to the beach to call her Mission friends. This would become a nightly routine for her. After about 20 minutes, she was back in the room and we were all ready to hit the sheets. In no time at all, we were all snoozing away with visions of the Animal Kingdom dancing in our heads. Ahhhh, Disney dreamin'!

Up next: a walk around the CBR and look out Animal Kingdom...here we come!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #854
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Lisa, so glad that your mom decided to do the bypass. I'm sure it's for the best.

Great update!! I love all your pictures! I can just be there through your pictures & stories! Love the one of the Caribbean Beach Bus!! LOL! Oh how I love it there! 2011 is SO far away! But it will be well worth the wait! Till then I will live through everyone elses vacations!

Old 09-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #855
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Fun, fun, update! Lisa!! Dayne is like Hunter in the hmmmm; #2 area also! must be a boy thing! Funny story when we went in May he would walk all the way to our room (I don't know if you remember their room was on the other side of the bldg.) to use our restroom because he wasn't comfortable sharing with Gwendolyn & Joe--he showered in our room, too!

Happy your mom made her decision; I'm sure she is relieved to have made that decision. Now, you have a week to help her get through everything she has at home to take care of before Monday!

we will continue to pray for you all

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: